• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Got to be number 8 for me, or even deeper. Players like him who can carry the ball through the midfield are rare and can destroy defensive plans.

I think it’s why we see guys like Pogba and KDB play deeper despite their clear attacking talent, City and United both scored goals last weekend that wouldn’t have been possible without their ball carrying from deep.

We got ANM as well

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Swap the N with the M
tenor.png

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Got to be number 8 for me, or even deeper. Players like him who can carry the ball through the midfield are rare and can destroy defensive plans.

I think it’s why we see guys like Pogba and KDB play deeper despite their clear attacking talent, City and United both scored goals last weekend that wouldn’t have been possible without their ball carrying from deep.

So much, said it as well, Willock isn't bad as a 10, but it doesn't allow him to exploit all his abilities.

He should sit deep and strive forward when the situation for it arises. He could be somewhat of a Kante, covering everything yet also offering offensives abilities as well.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Fast becoming my favourite player tbh. He'll almost certainly nail down a starting spot, you can tell Emery loves him and it seems like he has the right attitude.
I like him too. Nelson is the golden boy but I’ve felt for a while that Willock is the guy who will play more games and has a better chance of establishing himself.

Symbia

He's certainly a cm with a lot of energy to burn.
I think he is more of a Yaya Toure type of cm too, with impressive game reading ability for his age. Vs Barcelona in the Pre season he broke up a lot of their attacks, intercepted dangerous balls and started attacks himself.

Expecting him to be an import player in the nearest future.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He's certainly a cm with a lot of energy to burn.
I think he is more of a Yaya Toure type of cm too, with impressive game reading ability for his age. Vs Barcelona in the Pre season he broke up a lot of their attacks, intercepted degerous balls and started attacks himself.

Expecting him to be an import player in the nearest future.
This. I simplified it by saying it was a 'mature' performance but this is actually what I saw. That beautiful unteachable natural ability to read the game as it develops. A skill which can be adapted and moulded. I'm personally more excited about Joe than our other youngsters at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom