• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: Joening the First Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd keep him and Nketiah here for next season and hopefully Emery shows them more trust! I think they are ready to play a bigger part!

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
to me it's perfectly fine how Unai managed the kids, but it's the 2nd season where he needs to show us there was a plan for the youngsters.

on Joe, I dont think a loan to PL flub would be good idea as he wont we playing regularly there. if there is a good plan of loaning him to Championship or around Europe, where he'll play, then it might work, but I think at this point of his career it is a huge risk.

imo, no need for a loan, cause with another season of EL, and his development, he should definitely play enough minutes with us for the first 5 months at least.
Was always a fan of doing that.
keep the players you think of loaning at least until the Winter break.
there is plenty of games where they would play, carling cup, EL group stages, and some PL minutes if they show up in cups.

by the winter we would know much better how they took their chances and if a 6 month loan is a good idea or not.

it also allows you to pick a better club to loan them at, having observed the options for 5 months, the business they did, tactics they play, and options they have.

Last edited:

Mraven

I don't agree with this. I'd be happy with him going on loan precisely because he needs to get more starts. I think he does need to start somewhere, and the PL is as good a place as any. He's done enough waiting and being patient, and he was rewarded with token appearances at the end of the season while Elneny stole the little minutes he could have had and Guendouzi got the lions share of the minutes in midfield also.

I've said it before, Willock is a perfect fit for Emery's #10. He has proved that he is good enough to play in this team and with Ramsey gone he is already one step closer. I'll be extremely disappointed if he goes on a loan when he is about to breakthrough

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
I would actually love to see a midfield with those 3 to see how it would work.

However, cannot abide by the 2nd sentence. Pure bias.

Didnt you find emery's behaviour regarding Doozi a bit odd, and smacking of favouritism? Just asking.

for me, thats what made me dislike both. Just felt unfair.

FluffyDoozi

If we can shift on El Neny he'll get minutes, no need to go on loan. I just get the feeling of all the other kids, he'll be the one to make it here. He's hardworking, good technically, makes runs and has a good frame.

What a difference a year makes, just at the beginning big last season I thought he was a painfully mediocre talent. Just goes to show you have to be patient with these kids.
May be the reason why there are no links to box to box midfielders.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
If we can shift on El Neny he'll get minutes, no need to go on loan. I just get the feeling of all the other kids, he'll be the one to make it here. He's hardworking, good technically, makes runs and has a good frame.

What a difference a year makes, just at the beginning big last season I thought he was a painfully mediocre talent. Just goes to show you have to be patient with these kids.
May be the reason why there are no links to box to box midfielders.
Even if we don’t shift el neny, willock should still be ahead of him in the pecking order. El neny is the most average midfielder I’ve ever seen at arsenal. Don’t even think he’d cut it in the championship.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm eager to see what kind of impact Willock can/will have in the short term.

He's a much better prospect than people realize, and I think when he's given an opportunity, he will surprise a lot of people. He is also much better technically than people have been saying - underrated in terms of both passing and dribbling, two aspects of his game that are actually pretty strong. Rarely makes bad passes - if you go over his matches you'll see that this is an area of his game that does not need a great amount of work. I'm impressed with how far along his finishing/shooting is coming aswell.

It's about time we start making the bold decisions to play some of these academy graduates, and Willock is one of our best candidates to perform.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I'm eager to see what kind of impact Willock can/will have in the short term.

He's a much better prospect than people realize, and I think when he's given an opportunity, he will surprise a lot of people. He is also much better technically than people have been saying - underrated in terms of both passing and dribbling, two aspects of his game that are actually pretty strong. Rarely makes bad passes - if you go over his matches you'll see that this is an area of his game that does not need a great amount of work. I'm impressed with how far along his finishing/shooting is coming aswell.

It's about time we start making the bold decisions to play some of these academy graduates, and Willock is one of our best candidates to perform.
He kind of has that look of making it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He’s not competing with Elneny, he’s competing with Özil and whoever else Emery has lined up for that role (possibly Iwobi). If Emery goes for a proper three man midfield we don’t have anyone better suited than him for that box-to-box role so if he can perform well in pre-season he might find himself playing a lot.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

i wouldn't be surprised if he start along with Torreira Xhaka next seaon in 3 man midfield specially if we don't sign midfielder
3 man midfield would be my dream with Özil benched, this is how I have my new updated FM save as. I have a hunch Xhaka wouldn't be as exposed in a 3 man either.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I thought I would bump this because Joe looked very mature last night against Bayern. I thought he was the best player in the first half along with Özil, Auba and AMN. He waned in the first half but I’m pleased with his progress.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we get Ceballos it'll limit Willock chances in first team and that's a shame because he look very promising so far.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
If we get Ceballos it'll limit Willock chances in first team and that's a shame because he look very promising so far.

Don't think so considering our injury record in midfield along with EL + Cups, that gives enough opportunities to everyone. Atleast we won't have to depend on players like Elneny, Iwobi etc in midfield.

Let's play Aubamawang

I like Willock a lot. I wanted Van Der Beek, but this kid has so much potential and it would be a terrible shame to waste it. He could be even better than Ramsey, who was a key player for us. I have high hopes for him as he has that swagger about him when he plays that suggests he belongs.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Agree to an extent - this depends on how the midfield is put together.

We'd have Xhaka, Torreira, Gendouzi and Ceballos. Elneny could still be around as well, even though he should be sold yesterday. Willock could definitely get some minutes, but nowhere near the kind of regular minutes he'd like. If we had a regular 3 man midfield then yeah, but Özil kinda puts paid to that. So we'll see. Possible Willock is used further forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom