• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: Joening the First Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

9jagooner

We kept the best Willock, no?
I'll be honest, I didn't really rate Joe Willock but in the past one to two years, he's grown in leaps and bound. He has the kind of 'arrogance' his bro Chris had when he was with us. I was really gutted for Arsenal when we let Chris go because I know he will turn out well and will be hard to watch him play for another club.

I still think he left one year too early though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Definitely. Wasn't ever fully convinced of Chris, think Nelson/Saka/Amaechi have more to them.
Chris was the best technician of the 4. Not as good an athlete as they were, but arguably the most naturally talented dribbler of the 4. Clever player too, always usually made good passes. I think because he didn't have as much of a goalscoring presence he was seen as expendable in comparison to the aforementioned 3 players added to the fact that he wasn't as imposing as them - even Nelson has that explosive acceleration despite not being as strong an overall athlete as Saka and Amaechi.

Both Chris and Matty Willock have said Joe was the most talented one but Chris definitely shouldn't be underrated because of his Benfica move. He could still end up a PL player (which I think will happen) and a good one at that. With his technical ability, he should be good anywhere he plays.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Chris was the best technician of the 4. Not as good an athlete as they were, but arguably the most naturally talented dribbler of the 4. Clever player too, always usually made good passes. I think because he didn't have as much of a goalscoring presence he was seen as expendable in comparison to the aforementioned 3 players added to the fact that he wasn't as imposing as them - even Nelson has that explosive acceleration despite not being as strong an overall athlete as Saka and Amaechi.

Both Chris and Matty Willock have said Joe was the most talented one but Chris definitely shouldn't be underrated because of his Benfica move. He could still end up a PL player (which I think will happen) and a good one at that. With his technical ability, he should be good anywhere he plays.
Why do you think they said Joe is the most talented? Were they just being kind or do you believe they were telling the truth?
In my opinion, I think Chris lacked the intensity that Joe has. Chris was probably the best dribbler we had but in some games he took it too easily.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Why do you think they said Joe is the most talented? Were they just being kind or do you believe they were telling the truth?
In my opinion, I think Chris lacked the intensity that Joe has. Chris was probably the best dribbler we had but in some games he took it too easily.
Not sure. They could have been telling the truth as Joe was very highly rated as a schoolboy. Very different player back then - diminutive dribbling playmaker. His growth spurt has necessitated a change in style somewhat but you can still see elements of the u18 player - his ball carrying and technical ability belie the physical, competitive nature of his game now. He's very combative and growing to 6 foot has accentuated that side of his game and helped him.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Not sure. They could have been telling the truth as Joe was very highly rated as a schoolboy. Very different player back then - diminutive dribbling playmaker. His growth spurt has necessitated a change in style somewhat but you can still see elements of the u18 player - his ball carrying and technical ability belie the physical, competitive nature of his game now. He's very combative and growing to 6 foot has accentuated that side of his game and helped him.
It's crazy how he was only around 5'5" or something a few years ago. Do you know roughly when that was?!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's crazy how he was only around 5'5" or something a few years ago. Do you know roughly when that was?!
He played in the Victory Cup 5 years ago and he was very small then. He will be 20 next month so he would have been 15. Took him a while to break the U18s because he was always in trouble, which he himself confirmed and talked about. By the time he became an u18 regular, he already started growing.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He played in the Victory Cup 5 years ago and he was very small then. He will be 20 next month so he would have been 15. Took him a while to break the U18s because he was always in trouble, which he himself confirmed and talked about. By the time he became an u18 regular, he already started growing.

Wow, what a touch and goal from Joe. Is this game from five years ago?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I believe Chris had much more than those three.

Chris was the easiest on the eye. Very smooth player. Those other three are just more explosive athletes. Amaechi and Saka are also pretty strong boys.

Chris had ridiculous balance when dribbling, but would always fall over when it was time to shoot or cross the ball.

He just needed to get stronger, improve his shooting technique and play with more determination because he was already really good at the most difficult aspect of the game.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I just see Diaby when I watch him. Eats up the ground, quick, strong with tidy close control. He’s developed physically as well as technically over the last 12 months. He really should’ve played more last season.

Yep , thought he was pretty good in his first season too , there was always something more to him , to read interviews how much support he gets from his Dad who bought his own Data analysis that he monitors Joe with was a an eye opener . Really spends a lot of time off the pitch working on his football tactically.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely love this kid. I dont think Emery feels the same though.
He does IMO. Think probably more a case of fitness/tactical decision-making led to that sub today - as annoying as it was. Even trusted him in deeper midfield so far, which I didn't expect but I'm very happy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom