• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: Joening the First Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhil

^^ I didn't expect him to start as part of the double pivot next to Xhaka. More likely in Özil's position or the player with the most freedom in a 3.

Just looks very comfortable there. Got pressed a few times where he lost the ball but otherwise a pretty clean performance. Just looks very well rounded of a player.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
All great for him, it's just a question now how do you pair him with Douzi? If he takes the minutes Douzi had last season, Douzi would go down and play meaningless Elneny role which wont be enough for him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Our best midfielder last night. Unfortunately, Emery is a coward and hooked him off and we conceded 2 goals and we had zero control in midfield. Playing Xhaka against Modric and Kroos was always going to be a mismatch but at least it’s better to play with 2 than 1

RunTheTrap

He does IMO. Think probably more a case of fitness/tactical decision-making led to that sub today - as annoying as it was. Even trusted him in deeper midfield so far, which I didn't expect but I'm very happy with.
I personally think that’s Ljungberg’s influence If it were Emery he would have played him at 10.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
All great for him, it's just a question now how do you pair him with Douzi? If he takes the minutes Douzi had last season, Douzi would go down and play meaningless Elneny role which wont be enough for him.
Willock - Torreira - Ceballos would be our best midfield, in my opinion. Guendouzi can slot in for Ceballos or Willock really, as he is more mobile than Xhaka. No harm in rotating those 3 for two positions.

Problem is Xhaka looks a nailed on starter. Any midfield with Xhaka in it will be unbalanced, we'd need a Partey type to make up for his deficiencies in defence and lack of mobility. Xhaka should be considered a creative midfielder (of the DLP mould) in my eyes, but his limited skillset is not worth building a midfield around.

Xhaka would do much better in Seria A. Shame Inter got Barella instead.

Wryer

Love the tidiness and simplicity of his game. Has the physical power to switch it on if necessary.

It's been a while, but I think the lad is really ready for regular first team action.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Willock - Torreira - Ceballos would be our best midfield, in my opinion. Guendouzi can slot in for Ceballos or Willock really, as he is more mobile than Xhaka. No harm in rotating those 3 for two positions.

Problem is Xhaka looks a nailed on starter. Any midfield with Xhaka in it will be unbalanced, we'd need a Partey type to make up for his deficiencies in defence and lack of mobility. Xhaka should be considered a creative midfielder (of the DLP mould) in my eyes, but his limited skillset is not worth building a midfield around.

Xhaka would do much better in Seria A. Shame Inter got Barella instead.

He is nailed because he is needed.

We look worse when he isnt playing ffs

Two coaches in a row has had him cemented but you know better?

Which professional team do you manage?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He has such confidence on the ball. And how easily he threads the ball through the lines or over the defence and effortlessly drive past players.
This guy is blowing up this season
I'm patiently waiting for the game where he fully shows his passing range. I remember people saying he has no standout quality - his passing and choice of pass is usually excellent, and he will begin to show that the more he plays. He's a good dribbler too, that will also come to the fore.

RunTheTrap

I'm patiently waiting for the game where he fully shows his passing range. I remember people saying he has no standout quality - his passing and choice of pass is usually excellent, and he will begin to show that the more he plays. He's a good dribbler too, that will also come to the fore.
Would you say he’s more of a passer than dribbler?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He is nailed because he is needed.

We look worse when he isnt playing ffs

Two coaches in a row has had him cemented but you know better?

Which professional team do you manage?
What a stupid question. Shall we shut down the forum then? *****

Last edited:

Impact

Established Member

I'm one of these people. To my mind, Joe is a good allrounder who has a good eye for space/movement. His inclusion in pre-season has highlighted how sorely we have missed having a natural ball carrier in the middle. Looking forward to seeing him showcase these passing skills as that's the main area where he is behind other options in Arsenal's midfield pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom