• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: Joening the First Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He reminds me a bit of Diaby with that frame and slightly languid style.
Has a nice competitive edge about him though, really like that. Diaby took it too easy sometimes. Needs more time to cook at U23 level for me though. He holds his own in senior football but still behind play sometimes rather than ahead of it.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
How much stick is he getting from his family and friends have slipping twice in a few seconds lol

Tom349

Was bloody awful albeit playing as 10 which isn't his go. Still I expect better of a player with his technical ability.

Emmanueleboue2

This is the reason we should be buying actually elite youngsters such as sterling, de bruyne, lukaku, christiansen, g.Jesus. They are good and will become pretty ****ing good. Iwobi has been a disaster, AMN cant hold his own...

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'm glad you don't make the decisions at the club.

Ironic that if you go to the Lukaku thread in the Transfer section, people will be moaning when he was first linked with as a teenager.

We're going to need a couple of years before we get our academy up and running again in a Youth Project Lite kind of way.

Emmanueleboue2

I'm glad you don't make the decisions at the club.

Well look at actually good players and see what they were doing at 18. The were playing at the highest level. This guy is getting schooled by newcastles of this world.

Just look at Iwobi ffs 32 games as a front 3 player and 2 goals and 1 assist. That is horrible no matter how you dress it! WE are overrating our youngsters

Reactions: CJJ

HBL

Established Member
Literally one game and some of you on here are judging him. I’m surprised you aren’t scouts if you can judge a player that quickly.

Wasn’t even playing in his strongest position and he was playing in a disfunctional team with an awful away record.

Get a grip ffs

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Well look at actually good players and see what they were doing at 18. The were playing at the highest level. This guy is getting schooled by newcastles of this world.

Just look at Iwobi ffs 32 games as a front 3 player and 2 goals and 1 assist. That is horrible no matter how you dress it! WE are overrating our youngsters

Chill, you've named *some* good players. Not every good player is outstanding when they're 18. Willock might be good or he might not, what's clear is that his body isn't quite ready for this level yet. Iwobi is still 21, Lingard is 25 and is only just starting to come good. They've not cost us anything, just chill. Do you expect us to have a 25 man squad made up only of world class players and elite prospects bought for 30m a piece?

There are many problems at Arsenal, but playing Willock today isn't one of them.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Long way to go and I still don’t see any standout quality in him. This would have been a good experience for him though and hopefully he’ll continue to improve at the rate he has been. Too young to write off yet.

How many actual "elite" young players are there currently? At best, 15-20 in the whole of Europe?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the definition of "elite".

He wasnt even that bad.

He is dominating u23 midfields and u19 international teams. One of the most talented midfielders in Englans and people are writing him off after his first PL debut in a team that has **** defense and struggling manager.

Jesus.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He wasnt even that bad.

He is dominating u23 midfields and u19 international teams. One of the most talented midfielders in Englans and people are writing him off after his first PL debut in a team that has **** defense and struggling manager.

Jesus.
And the same bellends blame Wenger when defending seasoned professionals and captains of their countries for looking sh!t. It's Wengers fault player X can't pass a ball or receive it, or the system.

But a youngster makes his debut in an unfamiliar position, covering for Mesut Özil, shows positive signs and he's rubbish and will never make it.

Whoopi dooo!!!

Emmanueleboue2

How many actual "elite" young players are there currently? At best, 15-20 in the whole of Europe?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the definition of "elite".

Well from those couple of last years
Nicklas Bendtner(was actually decent from young age) look where he is now
Carlos alberto Vela was starting at 17 for us
Fabregas elite player at 17
Wilshere very good player at 16-17
Alex song playing in the championship at 17
Abou diaby playing for us at 17 and holding his own
Keiran gibbs playing for us at 17 and holding his own

Even guys like Frimpong bossed it against relegation fodder for us at 18. These guys are not good enough to start for us and probably never will be.

We stopped buying the best youngsters some time ago and we are so behind other teams.
We simply do not have a player under23 who is really really exciting(Bellerin being the exception). All our best player are close to 30 or over and that represent bad value for a club like us.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Well from those couple of last years
Nicklas Bendtner(was actually decent from young age) look where he is now
Carlos alberto Vela was starting at 17 for us
Fabregas elite player at 17
Wilshere very good player at 16-17
Alex song playing in the championship at 17
Abou diaby playing for us at 17 and holding his own
Keiran gibbs playing for us at 17 and holding his own

Even guys like Frimpong bossed it against relegation fodder for us at 18. These guys are not good enough to start for us and probably never will be.

We stopped buying the best youngsters some time ago and we are so behind other teams.
We simply do not have a player under23 who is really really exciting(Bellerin being the exception). All our best player are close to 30 or over and that represent bad value for a club like us.

Oh, shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom