• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Willock has never excelled at 10. Always does better as a right 8 and in a double pivot.

He doesn't know where to stand. He is so much better when he arrives.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Not sure what this fascination with playing him in a #10 role, he hasn't excelled in that position once, and numerous managers keep playing him there,

I see him as a back to back, someone who can break up play high energy and make a nuisance of himself, he keeps getting played to far up the pitch for him to affect anything,

but it's not his fault when we really are lacking options for the #10 role, ESR deserves a shot there more than anyone

GoonerJay24

Didn't have a great game on Sunday but I think we should stick with him, he's clearly abundantly talented thus more playing time will allow his weaknesses to be honed better.

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member
Too casual just like amn on the ball. One good game against actual farmers and he is the next ramsey.

I do like some of his qualities but he should be cutting his teeth at a crystal palace and not be sitting around not developing at arsenal.

novar

He and Nelson needed a loan, you can tell both can influence a game but aren't really close to PL level yet. EL is only fun for them in the group stage.

Very hard to say something about his performance vs Leeds, you all know how our midfield setup in general fared at this point. Maybe the only difference between him and Ceballos was the latter had his technique to save him a couple of times from giving the ball away, but nothing else.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He's got enough in his locker he just needs regular game time which he is not going to get at Arsenal where every point is precious at the moment.

I actually think he does better starting deeper in midfield and arriving to the box late. Doesn't quite have the nuance to have the ball further up the pitch yet.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
At least ESR is number 10 willock is more similar to Ceballos

Smith-Rowe was always a forward/winger in the academy. Don't get why people see him as a 10. He doesn't have the vision, touch or passing to play there. I think he would be a decent 8. Cause his best attribute in the first team is his ability to powerfully run with the ball. Smith Rowe and Willock are kinda similar level of talent, I would give Smith Rowe the slight advantage in terms of technical ability. If he can stay healthy, he can def contribute to this set-up.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
We need more than just 10 completed passes in 60 mins from our #10. He needs a loan in january, he's far from ready to play at this level at the moment. Send him to Hertha with Glenndouzi

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Smith Rowe and Willock are kinda similar level of talent, I would give Smith Rowe the slight advantage in terms of technical ability. If he can stay healthy, he can def contribute to this set-up.
Nah, ESR is definitely our best young player, it's just being missed so far because of his constant injury problems.
I like Joe, but please don't tell me they are on a similar level, that's just ridiculous :)

Geofranco

Nah, ESR is definitely our best young player, it's just being missed so far because of his constant injury problems.
I like Joe, but please don't tell me they are on a similar level, that's just ridiculous :)

Best young talent we have, Saka and Martinelli. Those are the only two that can become really top players.

Nelson has the most raw talent, but don't know if he is ever going to fulfil his potential here.

Smith-Rowe and Willock are both very good athletes, size and some pace, decent technically, but decision making and passing are their biggest weakness.

Both powerful running with the ball from deep, both make runs off the ball and get into dangerous areas in the final third.

Both have potential to be very good off the ball on defense, getting loads of tackles and interceptions. Smith-Rowe is just a little bit more well rounded and technical than Willock.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Best young talent we have, Saka and Martinelli. Those are the only two that can become really top players.
No, they are the best in your opinion because they've played more than ESR did.
Powerful running with the ball from deep is probably the hardest thing any central midfielder can do, that's why it is so rare. You have many great passers, ball winners, or a combination of both, but you will really struggle to find any players who can do what ESR is doing or Wilshere before him.
I'm not saying that Saka is no good, he is great, but I just have that special feeling about ESR, everything he does is so clean. Only injuries are standing between him and his success.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's got enough in his locker he just needs regular game time which he is not going to get at Arsenal where every point is precious at the moment.

I actually think he does better starting deeper in midfield and arriving to the box late. Doesn't quite have the nuance to have the ball further up the pitch yet.
Championship/League 1 loan is needed IMO.

Not sure if anybody at PL level is going to trust him near his own box but that’s the position he needs to gain experience in.

Don’t think he lacks the attributes, it’s more the know how and repetitions.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I'm not saying that Saka is no good, he is great, but I just have that special feeling about ESR, everything he does is so clean. Only injuries are standing between him and his success.
Interesting in comparison to Saka. I’ve never seen a young player like Saka.

Most young players have elite physical/technical attributes that carry them while they work out the mental side of the game. Saka IMO doesn’t have any elite attributes (his ball striking is close though) but has the decision making of a veteran. Curious to see how things pan out for him.

Geofranco

Championship/League 1 loan is needed IMO.

Not sure if anybody at PL level is going to trust him near his own box but that’s the position he needs to gain experience in.

Don’t think he lacks the attributes, it’s more the know how and repetitions.

Don't get why we kept him and Nelson this season. It seems pretty short sighted. These guys are meant to be the future. It's best for their development to be playing every game. Championship would have been a good option, I think both are too good for League one level.

Geofranco

Interesting in comparison to Saka. I’ve never seen a young player like Saka.

Most young players have elite physical/technical attributes that carry them while they work out the mental side of the game. Saka IMO doesn’t have any elite attributes (his ball striking is close though) but has the decision making of a veteran. Curious to see how things pan out for him.

I think Saka has elite mental attributes. His is not far off physically and technically. It's not like he is deficient in those areas.

As his confidence has grown, we have seen him start to show more in the technical side.

Some of the turns and dribbles are very impressive (especially in the game earlier this season against City). I always said it was his first touch and combination play that I wasn't so sure of. Even in those areas he has made strides.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I think Saka has elite mental attributes. His is not far off physically and technically. It's not like he is deficient in those areas.

As his confidence has grown, we have seen him start to show more in the technical side.

Some of the turns and dribbles are very impressive (especially in the game earlier this season against City). I always said it was his first touch and combination play that I wasn't so sure of. Even in those areas he has made strides.
Yeah I agree on his mental attributes, that’s what I meant when I said he has the decision making of a veteran. As he gains experience he’s going to become a very clever player.

My only real concern is the first touch, like you said there can be work there, think the combination play has come on leaps and bounds too. He’s involved in some of our best interplay, great movement off the ball in small spaces, shows it for England too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom