• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
@Trilly @Troopz @dka91

Let me define that for you:

Era1v0mXEAIXCE8

Zaza

What is this guy's best position? He's not a 10. Doesn't look like he can play in a pivot..I just don't know.
Dude had a solid 3 games last season and became ****. He's clearly a good option to have as we lack someone with his skillset but he needs a loan.
Come to think of it- ESR can give us those late runs into the box and end product(even if he's not as physical as Willock).
I think Arteta should try playing him next to Partey one of these days...would be an interesting experiment.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
What is this guy's best position? He's not a 10. Doesn't look like he can play in a pivot..I just don't know.
Dude had a solid 3 games last season and became ****. He's clearly a good option to have as we lack someone with his skillset but he needs a loan.
Come to think of it- ESR can give us those late runs into the box and end product(even if he's not as physical as Willock).
I think Arteta should try playing him next to Partey one of these days...would be an interesting experiment.

I've said about Partey/Willock before. I like Willock but this season I'm starting to accept he probably doesn't have a future here if we want to get back to top 4. Willock, Xhaka, Elneny, Pepe, Willian, Laca and possibly Nelson fall into the same bracket.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The contract runs till 30.6.2023. We'll probably have to make a decision on his future fairly soon. If he is to go on loan, it ought to be soon. Otherwise we will find it hard to get a decent fee for him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Feels like he is not developing at all, I see no improvements in his game.

I won't go into a debate if that's his limit, I think he can do more, but he needs to add more to his game. My worry is that he doesn't get involved enough, he should pick the ball more often when he is playing as a CM, not just running around and wait for someone else to do it.
If he can get to a point where he can take the ball from a CB/FB, turn with it and move forward, that's a solid base and he can grow from there, but without that, all the talk is pointless and he shouldn't play again until that gets fixed

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Feels like he is not developing at all, I see no improvements in his game.

I won't go into a debate if that's his limit, I think he can do more, but he needs to add more to his game. My worry is that he doesn't get involved enough, he should pick the ball more often when he is playing as a CM, not just running around and wait for someone else to do it.
If he can get to a point where he can take the ball from a CB/FB, turn with it and move forward, that's a solid base and he can grow from there, but without that, all the talk is pointless and he shouldn't play again until that gets fixed
He always seems like he is behind the game. That's been a problem since his initial breakthrough under Wenger and given his lack of consistent starts throughout his career, it hasn't been worked out.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Happy for Joe, needed a run of games and off to a great start

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He's really good at getting into the box from midfield, he did it a lot in the Europa League this season and even the cup game with Newcastle recently. Not many of our midfielders have an eye for goal so interesting to see how this loan spell goes.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Delighted for him and it wasn't even the best I've seen him play. He has a place in our team to go some way in replacing Ramsey's goals and also as that midfield beast to rotate with Partey. I'd love to see him and a fit Partey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom