• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If he stays he'll be on the bench for most' of the season and loose all his value...

If we don't cash in now it will be one more example of how badly this club is ran.

We just had the same thing happening with AMN last year... He was worth 20M, we didn't sell him and ended up loaning to WBA and now he's worth peanuts.
Firstly nobody bid 20m for AMN. The highest offer was 15m. Secondly AMN hasn't performed anywhere near Willocks level on loan. He was decent but nothing special.

Willock literally saved Newcastles season. He's goals got them huge number of points. Draws into wins and losses into draws.

What I would do is resign Willock and let him go on loan 1 more year. There isn't a lot in it for him but throw him an extra 10k a week.

Willock may not be in Mikels immediate plans but he is unlikely to be around long term and the next manager may find a player like him incredibly important.

jaystewart

He will end up staying because of the numbers who have left or are leaving, in midfield alone. I don't know where we will find the targets/money to strengthen the midfield this season.

In this market, you can't let someone let Douzi go for 10m because it is impossible to replace them for a similar price. We'll probably see a flurry of loans towards the end.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Making decisions with the idea that the manager may possibly get fired sometime soon is incredibly idiotic.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So sad to see certain people twerking for Willock staying.

Talented footballer. But will not work here, he will have 3 or 4 ahead of him next season. If you want him to stay you're essentially saying you want to ruin his career. He should be sold and he should be plating regular first team football.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wonder if our midfield 4 this season will be...Partey, Lokonga, Willock and Elneny...might be a bit lightweight come AFCON though.

Will probably be Partey and someone as starters, Lokonga as 3rd choice, Willock sold and Elneny staying for the banter.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Wonder if our midfield 4 this season will be...Partey, Lokonga, Willock and Elneny...might be a bit lightweight come AFCON though.

Will probably be Partey and someone as starters, Lokonga as 3rd choice, Willock sold and Elneny staying for the banter.

Lokonga and Willock starting if Partey ever gets injured or during Afcon? That would be so poor.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Lokonga and Willock starting if Partey ever gets injured or during Afcon? That would be so poor.

Yeah, would probably need a loan in January, when Partey and Mo go...think signing Lokonga means the end of Willock.

Least we are selling him while his value is sky high, should get a good fee for Joe.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Clear that Locatelli is not coming and the Neves link has all but died.

Lost of our AM targets either are staying put or have left to other clubs. Maddison is another completely flat lined link.

Club could be choosing to use Willock to cover for one of these positions and keeping the powder dry instead of signing plan C or D.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully there's truth to this news, promising if so. He'll be full of confidence at the minute, could have a big impact if given the chance.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Lost of our AM targets either are staying put or have left to other clubs. Maddison is another completely flat lined link.

Club could be choosing to use Willock to cover for one of these positions and keeping the powder dry instead of signing plan C or D.

Okay but it isn't clear that we aren't signing a Xhaka replacement. So that's silly. It's also not clear whether or not we are signing a AM or not.

People need to relax. Willock will be sold if a suitable offer comes because he isnt a priority player.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think the Neves link has necessarily died. Any deal for a Xhaka replacement is probably put on hold until he’s out the door.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We made it clear as long there is good bid for Willock we willing to sell his situation different than ESR. ESR is key player and willock is 5th choice midfielder and when we tried to play he didn't seem suit our game he look more suited for teams that counter and that exploits open spaces.

As for today there no bids so he likely take part of pre-season.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don’t think the Neves link has necessarily died. Any deal for a Xhaka replacement is probably put on hold until he’s out the door.

Xhaka is basically out the door, it's so strange that we need to wait to move for a starting cm.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
?

Plenty of local papers and other sources saying that the deal is done and that distance is closed.

Well good, we're clearly after Locatelli as the number 1 target. And we'll move on accordingly once he is unattainable. If the club feel like a deal can be done I'd rather them go for Locatelli first before pulling the trigger on a Neves.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yep yep, one of the best performing players of the second have of last season out, Portugal's 6th choice CM in, lovely stuff. Trust the process. 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom