• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

If Newcastle don't have money but they will have next season we should include option or obligation i don't believe PL clubs don't have money they usually have its just Mike Ashley being cheap

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Whether you rate Willock or not this would prove to be a very silly decision. If we're struggling to sell players and money is tight then you have to use what you've got, that is the role of a coach after all.

If someone like Steve Bruce can get a song out of Willock then there's no reason Arteta shouldn't be able to if he's as good a coach as we've been led to believe.
Fully agree. If you are willocks agent you can tell the club he don’t want to leave on permanent move forcing the clubs hand to either use you or loan you out. Arteta strike me as a manager who is not flexible so if you not in his plans he tells the club I don’t want this guy. So the club either loans player out so he can shine and improve his value or rot not playing. All in all Arteta has too much power

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Whether you rate Willock or not this would prove to be a very silly decision. If we're struggling to sell players and money is tight then you have to use what you've got, that is the role of a coach after all.

If someone like Steve Bruce can get a song out of Willock then there's no reason Arteta shouldn't be able to if he's as good a coach as we've been led to believe.
Different style of play Newcastle style of play allow willock to play in space no team going to defend with 8 men against Newcastle home or away at Arsenal when most teams play deep block defense against us willock will struggle to find space to be in box or play his game he may work with 3 man midfield but i don't think we going to this direction

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If this is true Edu should be gone.

The guy gets like £3m for Mavropanos, I genuinely would get a better deal myself if you dressed me up in a suit and shoved me into the room. And if he was elite he would have renewed Mavro and sent him on loan to a PL side where he can make way more money from a sale. At £3m you may as well keep him as 7th choice CB, not even joking tbh, that’s ****ing peanuts.

And then he makes this decision? It’s literally stupidity. Willock has a very high market value right now. You sell him or you keep him and find a place for him. And no sources saying we are getting him signed up too, I’m so ****ing frustrated at what we’re doing I want to smash something.

What if Willock goes back with a lot of expectation + pressure and doesn’t work out? He’s still a relatively unproven player. He will be gone from having a 25m market value to 15m tops. Oh and why are Arsenal the only goddam club to only have 1 husk of a club interested in him? What about all those mid table sides who watched a 21 year old rip it up for a few months and break records? It’s not luck, the people we have at this club aren’t worth their salt. Chelsea and Liverpool would be selling for £30m with multiple clubs twerking for them.

We have not sold any players yet or brought in players who resolve our big issues.

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Different style of play Newcastle style of play allow willock to play in space no team going to defend with 8 men against Newcastle home or away at Arsenal when most teams play deep block defense against us willock will struggle to find space to be in box or play his game he may work with 3 man midfield but i don't think we going to this direction

I don't agree that Willock is only suited to one style of play, the lad is 21 and not the complete package yet. Anyway I've seen Arsenal put men behind the ball, similar to Newcastle, plenty times last season. Stamford Bridge was the most recent example. The main difference being Newcastle where actually able to create a threat on the counter, something we really struggle to do.

Arteta should also be able to adapt, that is a key attribute in a coach. If he wants 22 players who can all fit into the squad and play exactly how he wants then that's never going be at Arsenal.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
A loan is absolutely pointless, he's shown what he's capable. This club is such a mess. I thought it was a case of keeping vs selling Willock, I didn't think another loan was even a possibility at this stage.
No one considered a loan because it’s literally the most * thing on the planet to do. I don’t know the technical terms for this, but this is 100% the incorrect call from a footballing business perspective.

You probably have other DOFs (including the Newcastle one) laughing behind the scenes at the incompetency. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t even renew him like the Saliba situation (diff context but still), so we basically are signing ourselves off for a headache later down the line.

TinFish

Hilarious yet again eh. I know I've been a miserable sod on these forums lately but this is the worst period of Arsenal under my memorable lifetime. We are falling behind exponentially.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Fully agree. If you are willocks agent you can tell the club he don’t want to leave on permanent move forcing the clubs hand to either use you or loan you out. Arteta strike me as a manager who is not flexible so if you not in his plans he tells the club I don’t want this guy. So the club either loans player out so he can shine and improve his value or rot not playing. All in all Arteta has too much power

I'm not even sure Willock isn't in his plans. I actually think it's more like Arteta can't decide who he wants. He's had so many phases of using different players before they fall out of favour for his next flavour of the month.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm not even sure Willock isn't in his plans. I actually think it's more like Arteta can't decide who he wants. He's had so many phases of using different players before they fall out of favour for his next flavour of the month.
The hats even worse. Nothing worse than a manager with no conviction and clear philosophy

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
No I’m saying we absolutely should have a technical director who builds the squad. Managers come and go. We signed Emery as coach, Arteta as a coach and then he talked himself into manager. That decision will have serious effect on our search for next manager if Arteta don’t work out. How is any experienced manager gonna accept less say than rookie Arteta? Atleast if we stuck by football director the message would be consistent. Arsenal is run by football director and everyone knows where they stand
Ah right, misread it when you said the Edu's role was redundant, thought you meant technical director role was redundant, bit ambiguous 🤷‍♂️

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Imo this is Edu’s fault though. It’s his responsibility to manage our transfers and vision. If he sees Arteta continuously being undecided, then why doesn’t he make the call and sell Willock?

I feel like he’s a pushover and let’s Arteta call the shots. It’s such a **** show and no one is above them to realise this. Kroenke doesn’t even know what colour we wear.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Imo this is Edu’s fault though. It’s his responsibility to manage our transfers and vision. If he sees Arteta continuously being undecided, then why doesn’t he make the call and sell Willock?

I feel like he’s a pushover and let’s Arteta call the shots. It’s such a **** show and no one is above them to realise this. Kroenke doesn’t even know what colour we wear.

No doubt neither of them have covered themselves in glory. We didn't help ourselves either by making Arteta manager instead of coach so soon, essentially giving him all the power anyway.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No doubt neither of them have covered themselves in glory. We didn't help ourselves either by making Arteta manager instead of coach so soon, essentially giving him all the power anyway.
The fact that emery couldnt have his way and arteta did get so much power so early shows the power of the talking your way into position. I can see how vinai and other non football people who are corporate people would be so impressed by arteta. He has the looks, talks the talk and is typical of guys who impress corporate people. Real football people should be able to see through that though

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The fact that emery couldnt have his way and arteta did get so much power so early shows the power of the talking your way into position. I can see how vinai and other non football people who are corporate people would be so impressed by arteta. He has the looks, talks the talk and is typical of guys who impress corporate people. Real football people should be able to see through that though

Not the fact that he's been lauded as a brilliant coach?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I've been banging on all window about Willock, and how I think the club should keep him and use him next season.

However, there is a set of circumstances where a loan makes sense - if we extend his contract with no option / obligation, then the loan allows an informed view on Willock's development with a full season of PL football. If he continues to rip it up then he either comes back as an experienced first teamer with Arsenal or else his value goes higher elsewhere.

If it's a loan - even with an option - and no extension then I agree with all that's been said on this being a proper dud move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom