• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Nice to see there actually is a sell-on clause in the deal. Let's hope it's not 1 %.

My guess is that the club didn't see how Willock fits our tactics, and that Azeez will be our next development player for the 1st team.
Yeah everyone on here saying there wouldnt be one.
Perhaps we have a buy back clause also?

mmn
'Joe you are an Arsenal boy, do us a solid and go and play really badly at the Toon for a season and we will buy you back next summer for 5m'

Oh and can you Please leave your 'shooting' boots for Thomas Partey ;) 🤣.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Nice to see there actually is a sell-on clause in the deal. Let's hope it's not 1 %.

My guess is that the club didn't see how Willock fits our tactics, and that Azeez will be our next development player for the 1st team.
Most places saying it's 25%

REEVIE1995

I cannot remember being more annoyed at a deal than this one. Our midfield is a mess. Partey is injured and still adapting, Xhaka wanted to leave, Elneny is a fifth choice at best and Lokonga has barely got off the plane. We loaned Willock out to get game time and experience. He was absolutely sensational, broke multiple goalscoring records and clearly grew as a player, displaying qualities that we were desperately lacking in our midfield at the time.

To then sell him for 25 million in this day and age is absolutely criminal. 21 years old, english and on the back of becoming the youngest player ever to score in 7 consecutive league games breaking. We are knowingly allowing ourselves to get robbed.

Watch us now go pay well over the odds and blow the rest of the budget for a identical type of midfielder whilst we go into the season with Runnarson as our back up keeper. Alternatively we will use the money to fund the Ramsdale signing or something equally silly.

It's so painful to watch.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I cannot remember being more annoyed at a deal than this one. Our midfield is a mess. Partey is injured and still adapting, Xhaka wanted to leave, Elneny is a fifth choice at best and Lokonga has barely got off the plane. We loaned Willock out to get game time and experience. He was absolutely sensational, broke multiple goalscoring records and clearly grew as a player, displaying qualities that we were desperately lacking in our midfield at the time.

To then sell him for 25 million in this day and age is absolutely criminal. 21 years old, english and on the back of becoming the youngest player ever to score in 7 consecutive league games breaking. We are knowingly allowing ourselves to get robbed.

Watch us now go pay well over the odds and blow the rest of the budget for a identical type of midfielder whilst we go into the season with Runnarson as our back up keeper. Alternatively we will use the money to fund the Ramsdale signing or something equally silly.

Did anyone want Elneny? I think we woukd have sold him if there was a bid. Unfortunately we're stuck with him until his contract ends which means we had to sell Willock if any decent offer came in.

WiscoGooner8

Willock may have scored 7 goals but wasn’t he essentially missing for the rest of the game other than the goals? We need a midfielder to control the game and he will never be that guy.

bergholt

Im still pissed with Arsène for not signing Yaya 😄 .
Kolo even brought him down here on trial ffs.
Remember that and being linked with Kompany all the time for a couple of seasons when we were still a big club & they both ended up as the major building blocks for Oil FC.:facepalm:

Weren't we linked to Hazard on and off for a few years too?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Exactly!! We are doing another Emi. Only at Arsenal. Next season we will pay 60-80M for Rice or another average English midfielder. In the best case scenario we will pay 80M or more for Kalvin Phillips next season.

If they don't include buyback clause they are completely stupid. Starting from Arteta for not using well young talent. Like he couldn't displace useless Xhaka

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Did anyone want Elneny? I think we woukd have sold him if there was a bid. Unfortunately we're stuck with him until his contract ends which means we had to sell Willock if any decent offer came in.
We had? Aren't we supposed to have lots of millions to spend? Why we couldn't just terminate his contract and keep Willock? So all the supposed 250M was a lie?

Brett

Don't worry guys I have a feeling it is AMN's time to shine. Best of luck to Joe. Partey will be off for AFCON, so I can see AMN getting a lot of minutes unless we sign someone. And just hope they sign someone very good else let AMN have his chance. No more mediocre signings. Heck aren't we still stuck with Torreira :lol: is he injured? I did not see him in training pics.

Arson Finger

It would be typical Arsenal if we sell Willock because the manager can't figure out a role for him here, then in a couple months, we fire the manager, and bring in a new manager who spends $50 million on an older, non-homegrown goal scoring midfielder.
Willock's not going to keep scoring at the rate he did last season, everyone knows that. But he fits the exact profile of players we should be trying to bring in, not sell.

And why the hell do we have to pay a 10+ million "English player tax" to buy Ben White, but we don't get one when we sell Willock?

The people making this decision on Willock are the very same ones who just gave Xhaka a contract extension and pay raise. They are probably wrong again.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Like he couldn't displace useless Xhaka

He couldn't come close to being a DM here, he can't defend or pass with any quality. Where as Xhaka can

He played in an advanced role for Newcastle. Does anyone seriously want him displacing ESR? Or keep him and not get Maddison?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Basically had a CM who in first PL became highest English scoring CM in the PL despite not playing a high amount of playing time any other club would looking for over £50m for him.

Last edited:

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Basically had a CM who in first PL became highest English scoring CM in the PL despite not playing a high amount of playing time any other would looking for over £50m for him.

It does seem that way, if he was at a Brighton/Southampton etc.

But it really isn't a sellers market this year.
All clubs seem to be struggling for fees for players they don't want.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We shouldn’t be scared to sell Academy player, kept often we hold onto them past their peak value.

That being said it’s not hard to imagine his value increased to the 40s come the end of the season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Am very okay with this sale. 25m us decent business. Will he become another Malen, Jeff, Bennacer or even Gnabry? Possibly but I don't feel that Willock falls in to the ESR or Saka category of can not sell at any cost.

Happy to develop ESR, Saka, Martinelli and Lokonga and buy an upgrade to Willock.

Good luck to him though. He always ran his heart out for this club.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We had? Aren't we supposed to have lots of millions to spend? Why we couldn't just terminate his contract and keep Willock? So all the supposed 250M was a lie?
Where did you get the 250m from? There is no way we are spending that. can see us spending 100m possibly a bit more but anything else would have to come from sales.
Think we are letting Sead go on a free. We still have Torreira to shift.
You cant just throw everybody away. You have to make sales. We got rid of mustafi & mesut like that but its not really the way to do things.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Am very okay with this sale. 25m us decent business. Will he become another Malen, Jeff, Bennacer or even Gnabry? Possibly but I don't feel that Willock falls in to the ESR or Saka category of can not sell at any cost.

Happy to develop ESR, Saka, Martinelli and Lokonga and buy an upgrade to Willock.

Good luck to him though. He always ran his heart out for this club.
Pretty much how i feel. A little sad as i like Joe but but we need to generate some money from sales and Joe is one of our few saleable players that we can get decent money on.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We shouldn’t be scared to sell Academy player, kept often we hold onto them past their peak value.

That being said it’s not hard to imagine his value increased to the 40s come the end of the season.
Yes thats very true. I think people are frustrated because we have so many players we cant get decent sales on .
Any increase in value obviously depends on how he does.
If Newcastle employ a system that suits Joe & he continues to do well/improve his value increases. No guarantee though.
Everytime he has a decent game & particularly if he scores you will get people screaming on here.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Feels like the club are desperate to raise funds for incomings and are working their way down the list of players they're open to selling. If you can't shift wasters like Torreira or Kola or decent high wage players like Laca or Hector, you've got to work your way down the list to the likes of Willock, who actually have some interest in them.

I'm not even the biggest Willock fan out there but he took a risk and went out on loan and realistically did all that could be asked of him. It doesn't set a good precedent really.

Good luck to him if he moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom