• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It also comes down to what Willock wants and I suspect, after his stellar loan, he'll want playing time. He won't be a starter here next season for various reasons (tactical and ability wise). If there's concrete interest from clubs I think it would be benefical for both parties if we push for a transfer.

Indeed it does. But that will be primarily influenced by what Arteta & Edu's plans are. If they can say to him they expect him to have a long term future at the club, and after his loan they want to integrate him into being a regular (and in a way that makes sense), then he'll want to say. If they are still umming and ahhing about how to use him, its best for him to go.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Yeah definitely agree with this. Hadn't realised that Sabitzer plays to the left of a midfield 3 - Whoscored has him mostly centre or right for some reason. He looks like a really versatile player, not exceptional maybe but useful across the squad as depth and quality / experience
I've seen Sabitzer play on the left of central midfield once in the last few years. He's normally right central. Sort of the old Ray Parlour position when he had moved infield.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah definitely agree with this. Hadn't realised that Sabitzer plays to the left of a midfield 3 - Whoscored has him mostly centre or right for some reason. He looks like a really versatile player, not exceptional maybe but useful across the squad as depth and quality / experience

If Sabitzer doesn't come into the first 11 and improve it it's a waste of money. With one game a week we needed to improve improve starting 11. Drastically. We have enough on the bench to fill squad positions.
Can't say for sure, but my impression from when I've seen him is that he plays more to left, or central as you say depending a bit on if they play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. Maybe @Toby Andrl can help us shed some light on this? Regardless, he's more versatile than Partey and I'd dare say more comfortable with the left side. He could also fill in as winger or cam as he started out there, though I see his best position now as cm.

He'd definitely improve us. Much rather take him over Neves even if he would be more expensive - which it's been indicated he's not, rather the opposite which makes his case even stronger. Sabitzer and Bissouma would be two very good options and together with Partey and perhaps an Ödegaard/Pereira we'd be covered for 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Can't say for sure, but my impression from when I've seen him is that he plays more to left, or central as you say depending a bit on if they play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. Maybe @Toby Andrl can help us shed some light on this? Regardless, he's more versatile than Partey and I'd dare say more comfortable with the left side. He could also fill in as winger or cam as he started out there, though I see his best position now as cm.

He'd definitely improve us. Much rather take him over Neves even if he would be more expensive - which it's been indicated he's not, rather the opposite which makes his case even stronger. Sabitzer and Bissouma would be two very good options and together with Partey and perhaps an Ödegaard/Pereira we'd be covered for 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.
If we would improve our first 11 notably for 15m it would be a no brainer. I haven't seen much of him but will get a look over the euros.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Started out as a CAM in 4231 and right winger in 442 and still mostly plays as such for Austria. Got moved deeper by Nagelsmann into CM as both in a double pivot in 343 and a 3 man midfield in 352.

For 15 or even 25m no brainer.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Started out as a CAM in 4231 and right winger in 442 and still mostly plays as such for Austria. Got moved deeper by Nagelsmann into CM as both in a double pivot in 343 and a 3 man midfield in 352.

For 15 or even 25m no brainer.
Has there been any rumours about him (Sabitzer)? If not, why? Would he come to Arsenal or could he choose some similar team that is in European competitions?

He has been very good almost every time I have seen him.

Last edited:

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
@MutableEarth I thought for sure one of Hein or Okonkwo would be our 3rd choice keeper. Doesn't make much sense to me that we're looking to get Ramsdale or Woodman I don't really rate either

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
We don’t have enough home grown players
Okonkwo is home grown, even played for England U16, U17, & U18 respectively. I'm unsure if Hein qualifies as home grown, we've only had him in the academy since 2018.

Okonkwo seemed to be edging ahead of Hein at the end of the season. Okonkwo is cheap and home grown we don't have to look elsewhere.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Okonkwo is home grown, even played for England U16, U17, & U18 respectively. I'm unsure if Hein qualifies as home grown, we've only had him in the academy since 2018.

Okonkwo seemed to be edging ahead of Hein at the end of the season. Okonkwo is cheap and home grown we don't have to look elsewhere.
The club in general are more impressed with other clubs young players than our own. It’s hard to make it being from the academy

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth I thought for sure one of Hein or Okonkwo would be our 3rd choice keeper. Doesn't make much sense to me that we're looking to get Ramsdale or Woodman I don't really rate either
Still might be. We havent resigned Mat Ryan and Lenos future is still up in the air. Onana/Leno, Woodman and Okonkwo/Hein. Makes sense.

Would be a bad deal tbh if the swap is for Willock though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom