• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trill

Not Trilly
I'm torn on Willock. On the one hand yes 7 goals in 12 games or whatever it is is fantastic. On the other he's just never really struck me as an Arsenal player. What's he really good at apart from scoring goals? He has good physicality but I've rarely seen him even put it to good effect.

Still, if Arteta get's rid and he continues tearing it up the fan's are seriously not going to be happy. Even if Arteta made the savvy decision in letting him go.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Oh my God. Willock playing CL football before Arsenal. I've won. Take that Arteta and @Football Manager . My boy Joe going continental. Arsenal need to get Tchouaméni in return. Better than Xhaka and boosts our midfield to a great level. Everyone wins.

If you don’t count his goal, and focus on his build up contribution, he is a league 2 player. The type of player that pack up his own stats but making the team worse.

Mustafi has a World Cup but Messi does not. Is Mustafi a better player then? Even if willock is playing CL, it does not mean he is a good player. He will never become a silky midfielder that control the match for his team.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If you don’t count his goal, and focus on his build up contribution, he is a league 2 player. The type of player that pack up his own stats but making the team worse.

Mustafi has a World Cup but Messi does not. Is Mustafi a better player then? Even if willock is playing CL, it does not mean he is a good player. He will never become a silky midfielder that control the match for his team.

I can't hear them tears boy. My CL anthem too loud!!!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Again i understand people want willock to stay but what the point of staying to be 4th choice midfielder? To play in system that don't suit him and will look lost in it?

Unless we open to play 433 then he can be very useful but as long we keep playing 4231 and with number 10 willock is just wasting time here i have no doubt he'll be very good player but at the moment we need to take 25m and sell.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Man, it's gonna be so bittersweet when he leaves. Seeing him do well will be great - but man, I just don't see our recruitment doing the job in midfield at the moment and that's just gonna piss me off. And I like what I've seen from Lokonga a lot, but we need another CM (Not Neves ffs).

Arsenal purging players I actually like compared to the rest of them.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd hate the thought of us looking back on this one with massive regret. People can write off the 7 goals and I don't expect him to keep up that kind of form either tbf. Not many midfielders could. At the end of the day though it was his first run of consistent starts in this league at age 21 and we want to throw that away without trying to build on it?

If Arteta doesn't have him in plans I guess it's better cashing in now than have another AMN situation where he's confined to the bench though. You just have to hope that the next coach that comes in wouldn't want to use a player like him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seriously can they just stop and asking for loans. Where the revenue and TV deals money go? If I'm Newcastle fan I'd be frustrated how the club acting toward players who was key for thier safety last season

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We don't have any talent at the club worth finishing 12th for. All these kids are good, but yeah even Saka isn't a Fabregas. Hell he might not even be a Wilshere.
Agree when if we look at them each in isolation. As a whole though I’d be okay with it when seeing we’d be developing
Saka, ESR, Willock, Martinelli and Balogun. Maybe even blood Okonkwo. Then it’s another thing.

Though I’m equally fine with going big in the transfer window, but then I’d want a clear strategy of loaning to develop and even selling young players that still have good or even great potential if they’re not good enough to really compete. Willock for example.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'd hate the thought of us looking back on this one with massive regret. People can write off the 7 goals and I don't expect him to keep up that kind of form either tbf. Not many midfielders could. At the end of the day though it was his first run of consistent starts in this league at age 21 and we want to throw that away without trying to build on it?

If Arteta doesn't have him in plans I guess it's better cashing in now than have another AMN situation where he's confined to the bench though. You just have to hope that the next coach that comes in wouldn't want to use a player like him.
The 7 goals were abnormal though. He did what no midfielder ever done in pl in that short period of time. He is a decent player who has some goals in him. But I don’t see him being a starter ever here

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'm torn on Willock. On the one hand yes 7 goals in 12 games or whatever it is is fantastic. On the other he's just never really struck me as an Arsenal player. What's he really good at apart from scoring goals? He has good physicality but I've rarely seen him even put it to good effect.

Still, if Arteta get's rid and he continues tearing it up the fan's are seriously not going to be happy. Even if Arteta made the savvy decision in letting him go.

I'm mellowing a bit on this one. No one can afford what he's worth this year but he needs minutes to avoid stagnating. Selling him at around £20m with a buyback clause seems like the best option unless he renews.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The 7 goals were abnormal though. He did what no midfielder ever done in pl in that short period of time. He is a decent player who has some goals in him. But I don’t see him being a starter ever here

I wouldn't expect any midfielder to keep up that kind of form. At only 21 though I think it's miles too premature for anyone to say he can't or won't be a starter here. He's just had his first consistent run of starts in the league and produced that.

Trill

Not Trilly
Agree when if we look at them each in isolation. As a whole though I’d be okay with it when seeing we’d be developing
Saka, ESR, Willock, Martinelli and Balogun. Maybe even blood Okonkwo. Then it’s another thing.

Though I’m equally fine with going big in the transfer window, but then I’d want a clear strategy of loaning to develop and even selling young players that still have good or even great potential if they’re not good enough to really compete. Willock for example.

I really love all these player's. The only one I completely have no faith in is Eddie. However this isn't the class of 92. And 12th sends a bad message. A really bad message.

I'd like us to strike a balance between relying on our youth and going big in the transfer window.

Don't get me wrong, I still hold out a little faith in Arteta. But if he tried to sell all these kids to fund his vision I'd not only want him out, I would never forgive him. And that's saying something cause I don't even hate Van Persie.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I really love all these player's. The only one I completely have no faith in is Eddie. However this isn't the class of 92. And 12th sends a bad message. A really bad message.

I'd like us to strike a balance between relying on our youth and going big in the transfer window.

Don't get me wrong, I still hold out a little faith in Arteta. But if he tried to sell all these kids to fund his vision I'd not only want him out, I would never forgive him. And that's saying something cause I don't even hate Van Persie.
Fair enough. Think this is doable, but I don't think we can realistically expect a better league finish if we also want to develop youngsters. Saka and perhaps ESR is one thing, but the rest needs to be loaned or sold imo if we want to get back to top 6 or even top 4.

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but we can't both have the cookie and eat it at the same time. If we want to get back to top 4 sooner rather than later we can't be patient with the likes of Willock. We need to ruthlessly look at who can/will have an impact here and now.

Mind, I'd be fine with developing our young players. I just don't think it's realistic that anyone around the club, fan or management, expect to also finish top 6 or higher.

Trill

Not Trilly
Fair enough. Think this is doable, but I don't think we can realistically expect a better league finish if we also want to develop youngsters. Saka and perhaps ESR is one thing, but the rest needs to be loaned or sold imo if we want to get back to top 6 or even top 4.

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but we can't both have the cookie and eat it at the same time. If we want to get back to top 4 sooner rather than later we can't be patient with the likes of Willock. We need to ruthlessly look at who can/will have an impact here and now.

Mind, I'd be fine with developing our young players. I just don't think it's realistic that anyone around the club, fan or management, expect to also finish top 6 or higher.

I just don't see this crop ever developing to the point that they are challenging for top four. Saka and especially ESR (proper Arsène player) I love. I also have a soft spot for Nelson. Eddie and Willock not so much. Balogun has a lot to prove but fortunately he's been in the right place at the right time right from the start so his confidence is up which is vital. Martinelli I'm seriously sceptical about. He's talented no doubt but not as much as the goals in his first season convinced people. I really want to keep AMN and give him some minutes in midfield next season but he's probably gone.

If we had a Wilshere level talent come through next season then I might be more invested in going full youth project. Good god we had young Fabregas, Van Persie and Diaby at one point. Our youngsters right now are no where near that. And that generation still ultimately failed. Better injury record though this current lot.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I just don't see this crop ever developing to the point that they are challenging for top four.
Saka and Esr could but they need a team around them of the same level. They'll be poached soon enough if we're not back in european spots - Saka signed what a 4 year contract last summer for 40-50k a year? Should've doubled that at minimum this year and got him on a 5 year contract. Next summer he'll have 2 years left and be a key player in the England world cup squad at 20 years old...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom