• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You got it wrong, many people think both of them should go to Hertha Berlin ASAP, and there are some delusional boys thinking they are good enough to play for any top 8 PL side.
Well, I think you're delusional if you think we can get rid of both and can afford upgrades who are willing to come here currently. We might get 15-20 million max. for them and need two to replace them.

Another issue is that replacing almost the whole midfield in EPL will likely bring its own problems in a single season, while Partey is out for some time next season too.

Xhaka obviously is good enough for a squad spot in a top 8 PL side. Elneny is maybe for relegation candidates and Championship.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
No idea how true but rumours doing the rounds that he's being offered as part of a deal for Maddison.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Not trying to compare the players, merely the situation. I.e. if we let Willock go, we'll likely regret it.
Yeah, I know, I'm just pointing out why someone like myself was distraught and thought we would regret it terribly when we sold Gnabry, and doesn't think the same in the case of Willock.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why Elneny has any chance at all and Willock doesn't is baffling. He could be coached and become a real alternative for us.
I think that is mostly due to the roles they have. Very different players. Elneny is a limited player that is decent in the role he plays, which incidently is an area where we are lacking. He should be replaced, but it is not a role Willock can replace him in.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think that is mostly due to the roles they have. Very different players. Elneny is a limited player that is decent in the role he plays, which incidently is an area where we are lacking. He should be replaced, but it is not a role Willock can replace him in.
I hear this a lot but what role does Elneny play? Utd aside, he chased the ball and didn't come close. He picks up loose balls where Willock can actually win the ball. His passing is so conservative that even Xhaka berated him for a back pass. He marks space but better partners for Partey would mean that there would be less need for him and less space to mark. Any pacy midfield can get past him. He can't even tactically foul properly. He's useless and I'm confident that Willock or AMN could do what he pretends to do if given strict instruction. Any agile and front foot midfielder could do his job and actually add something extra too. We want to believe that even our worst players have some use but they don't or at least not for Arsenal FC.

D

Dial Square 1886

I actually do not mind a bit of Elneny now and again.

Far more skilful than people give him credit for if you watch him closely.

Bit too limited all round to be a regular (you would hope), but seems like ideal squad filler. Not on crazy wages like some of the deadwood either.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I actually do not mind a bit of Elneny now and again.

Far more skilful than people give him credit for if you watch him closely.

Bit too limited all round to be a regular (you would hope), but seems like ideal squad filler. Not on crazy wages like some of the deadwood either.
Aye, I can see your point. It is probably why he has endured so long. We need to improve in that position, but it must be a player that is suited to the role.

Badger_Revenge

What happens to Willock has no bearing on Elneny at all. Keeping Willock does not push Elneny out the door. Selling him likewise has no effect. Elneny plays whether Willock is here or not. I don't know why people keep implying it does. The problem is that we need a fourth body to fill that deep lying midfielder role. Xhaka and Partey are first choice. Lokonga I hope will displace Elneny eventually as third this year. If Guimaraes. Locatelli, or Neves were to come, that would def affect Elneny.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
SMH. Offering a new deal to Xhaka and selling Willock. It's like Arsenal are determined to piss me off.
Coming into this thread and expecting just some updates on the loan, and seeing this makes me so ****ing depressed.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why Elneny has any chance at all and Willock doesn't is baffling. He could be coached and become a real alternative for us.
There is literally nothing Elneny can do that Willock can’t learn. What annoys me about some of the stuff I read on here is that people act like player valuations aren’t completely arbitrary. The transfer market is poker.

Most would’ve gawped at the idea of Brighton rejecting £30m for White this time last year. There were also many who felt £20m was a good deal for Emi Martinez because Pep’s coneboy decided his form at the end of last season was temporary.

The AMN situation happened because he was played in a different position every week & then frozen out by a megalomaniac rookie, not because we didn’t sell. We also had Nelson frozen out over Willian and Mustafi getting game time over Saliba. Willock could’ve easily had Ceballos’ minutes too in the first half of the season.

How can anyone see this pattern and still trust Arteta’s opinion on the value of our players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom