• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Would be the saddest transfer of the summer from our point of view but if he's not going to get the game time then it is what it is.

Seems like a ready made opportunity for him to come in for Partey to start the season with his confidence so high but Elneny it is I guess. Oh well.
Of course. Literally only Partey and Lokonga to feel good about in that midfield - even Azeez won't get minutes.

Honestly, it's the most miserable I've ever felt about an Arsenal team going into the next season, and I am normally never even close to being this pessimistic. I can't think of an Arsenal team I've disliked more than this one going into the season. It's even beginning to make me lose excitement for the talents coming out of Hale End, because unless they hit the ground running immediately like Saka, we're just gonna misuse them and lose them. They'll end up being stars elsewhere while we still have a team full of Elnenys, Cedrics, Holdings and Xhakas.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We can't keep holding on players that provide us with good money like we did with Iwobi and we should've done the same with AMN last summer after Wolves.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Of course. Literally only Partey and Lokonga to feel good about in that midfield - even Azeez won't get minutes.

Honestly, it's the most miserable I've ever felt about an Arsenal team going into the next season, and I am normally never even close to being this pessimistic. I can't think of an Arsenal team I've disliked more than this one going into the season. It's even beginning to make me lose excitement for the talents coming out of Hale End, because unless they hit the ground running immediately like Saka, we're just gonna misuse them and lose them. They'll end up being stars elsewhere while we still have a team full of Elnenys, Cedrics, Holdings and Xhakas.
You dislike, Chambers, holding, white, Gabriel, Tierney, tevares, Partey, lokonga, Saka, Smyth Rowe, Pepe, Martinelli???

Stop getting your knickers in a twist.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

If we had top class players keeping the Hale Enders out I'd have no complaints. I don't think anyone was crying out for David Bentley to come into the side back in the day but I think that was slightly more understandable with the guys in front of him :lol:

I can even understand why Arteta did it last season to start with when it was clear we where targeting top 4. When that was quickly out of reach we could easily have tried something different. ESR will get used as an example but he hadn't even came off the bench till that Chelsea start. Saka is a bit of an anomaly in that he's very consistent at a young age. Even he faded towards the end though.

There's not a lot more Willock could have done on loan to prove he's worthy of an opportunity so that doesn't exactly send out a good message to any of them coming through either.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
If we had top class players keeping the Hale Enders out I'd have no complaints. I don't think anyone was crying out for David Bentley to come into the side back in the day but I think that was slightly more understandable with the guys in front of him :lol:

I can even understand why Arteta did it last season to start with when it was clear we where targeting top 4. When that was quickly out of reach we could easily have tried something different. ESR will get used as an example but he hadn't even came off the bench till that Chelsea start. Saka is a bit of an anomaly in that he's very consistent at a young age. Even he faded towards the end though.

There's not a lot more Willock could have done on loan to prove he's worthy of an opportunity so that doesn't exactly send out a good message to any of them coming through either.
Willock had numerous opportunities under arteta.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What the **** is wrong with this club? We are willing to sell him but will let him decide if he wants to stay? So they see no real place for him in the squad but will keep him anyway if he decides he doesn’t fancy a move? Either give him a shove out the door or make a commitment to him.
It’s funny how random ‘normal’ fans can see that this club is run like absolute **** in terms of contracts, squad planning, negotiations and transfers, but our billionaire ****ing owner doesn’t.

Can the guy not get someone in who works in the industry, as a consultant to explain why we are such a money leaking simp of a club?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Willock had numerous opportunities under arteta.
Did really well in some of them as well though don't forget. Was quality in the EL and struggled in a short run of PL and FA cup games. Sometimes it's about finding consistency which he's just done with Newcastle. Anyway if he's off then he is off but I really hope we have a buy back. This feels like one we might regret.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

There is a way that playing willock will work.

Rule #1
Sits deep, stay compact, bus must be parked for at least 85% of the match.

Rule #2
Look for counter attack

Rule #3
Shoot from outside the box whenever possible. Hopefully 1 will get in after maybe 20+ shots. Or wait for a deflection to fluke a chance creation.

Rule #4
Spam crosses into target man.
Get a tall/strong striker. Maybe Abraham.

Rule #5
Possession should be lower than 30%. Higher than that and the players should be punished.

Rule #6
The ball must be in the air for more than 80% of the time.

Rule #7
The team should buy players based purely on physicality, not how good they can play football. If you have prime Messi in your team, you should send him back to Argentina.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Rule #1

Rule #2
Look for counter attack

Rule #3
Shoot from outside the box whenever possible. Hopefully 1 will get in after maybe 20+ shots. Or wait for a deflection to fluke a chance creation.

Rule #4

Rule #5
Possession should be lower than 30%. Higher than that and the players should be punished.

Rule #6

Rule #7
The team should buy players based purely on physicality, not how good they can play football. If you have prime Messi in your team, you should send him back to Argentina.
Sorry, but this is absolute nonsense. Teams don't have to be packed full of the same type of player to be successful. Willock scored most of his goals inside the box and was 99th percentile for shots on target (obviously not sustainable).

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Rule #1

Rule #2
Look for counter attack

Rule #3

Rule #4

Rule #5

Rule #6

Rule #7

Yeah because every team has to be either Pulis' Stoke or Pep's Barcelona. There's no inbetween.

Multipass

Why? Why are we so bad in the market. Chump change. You can’t tell me Ramsdale is worth more than Willock.

or ings with a year left is worth more than willock.

just because we cant sell all the worthless players we have doesn’t mean we should feel pressured to sell our players with value at a cheap price .

id rather see torreira, elneny, xhaka, and guendouzi go for a combined 25m and keep willock,

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We can't keep holding on players that provide us with good money like we did with Iwobi and we should've done the same with AMN last summer after Wolves.

I completely agree with AMN, I was all for selling him & he's proved me right. I was all for selling Nelson too & I think I'll be proven right again. Willock I dont want to sell, unless its for £30m. I dont believe he's at his peak in price or ability. If we do loan him we should extend his contract first.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Ideally we sell Willock, AMN and Nketiah even though it hurts. It’s best for all parties. These guys have some value and we need to invest in our starting XI. In return they’ll likely start a whole lot more games at their new clubs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I completely agree with AMN, I was all for selling him & he's proved me right. I was all for selling Nelson too & I think I'll be proven right again. Willock I dont want to sell, unless its for £30m. I dont believe he's at his peak in price or ability. If we do loan him we should extend his contract first.
It;s very complicated situation we struggling to sell players and the market apart from top english club it's slow and not moving so we either sell Elneny Torreira and keep willock and that won't be happening because there zero interest in them.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

25m is good money. Sell him put in a clause and go buy Maddison for 60m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom