• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What are you talking about? He was loaned for a reason, to develop and push for a place next season. How many starts has elneny had in the league?
A lot of people here seem to think going out on loan is the end of your Arsenal career. Next week they'll be saying someone 'needs a loan for dEvEloPmEnT'

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I’m glad there’s a lot of discourse about Joe. There were some horrible posts about him when he first played against Newcastle some years ago. Lots of posts saying he was “league one standard” flying around. Now he has shown he is a serious footballer. Do you think the club with all its analysts and coaches would push through a league one footballer? Yes I know Arsenal have got things wrong in the past but I refuse to believe they wouldn’t have pushed for the likes of Joe, Eddie, ESR etc if they didn’t think they had something.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Listen...Lampard is the ultimate dream for an average talent that can score goals. Lamps maximize and superceded his ability into World Class status.

That is every young players potential until 23-24 years age when we find out how they will turn out.

No one thought Lampard would score the amount of goals he did every season when he was at West Ham.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Can you live in 2021. Willock will never be technically as good as those you mentioned. But he has his strengths in his ability to drive with the ball and score goals. Different styles and effective in different ways.

We must build assets and make them great players or to their potential. Work ethic is what I think Willock has in abundance and ensure he will be a top professional. He is 21 FFS.

I rather have him than El Nenny and Ceballos.
I have given you a like because I agree with that.

And I would rather buy a new midfielder and/or give opportunities to other young talents who are more technically capable.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I would rather have Patrick Vieira, than all the midfielders being listed tbf.

Paddy should be the gold standard we aspire to as Arsenal fans, not a bunch of tiny Spanish guys!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

WTF are you on about? I didn’t even mentioned that name.

I was talking about willock not capable to control the midfield, with examples to prove my point.

If you don’t agree, it’s fine. But what’s the point of bringing out messi when I don’t even mentioned that? You try to insult me out of nothing? Fxxk you.

Relax Junior! No need to get saucy! I am just shooting the breeze on a football forum, plus you didn't you just post the following to someone else?

You don’t want Cazorla, Fabregas, Iniesta, Xavi?

I found that post funny and was reacting to your, in my view, quite silly reasoning, just as others have here. Hope you can see how your posts and reasoning is open for some ridicule. If now, then as you were! 😉

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I would rather have Patrick Vieira, than all the midfielders being listed tbf.

Paddy should be the gold standard we aspire to as Arsenal fans, not a bunch of tiny Spanish guys!
Nailed it. Vieira/Petit should always be the yardstick of an Arsenal midfield.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Relax Junior! No need to get saucy! I am just shooting the breeze on a football forum, plus you didn't you just post the following to someone else?

I found that post funny and was reacting to your, in my view, quite silly reasoning, just as others have here. Hope you can see how your posts and reasoning is open for some ridicule. If now, then as you were! 😉

I wouldn't worry.

He is to technique what Makingtrax is to squad cost. Just less likeable about it :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Listen...Lampard is the ultimate dream for an average talent that can score goals. Lamps maximize and superceded his ability into World Class status.

That is every young players potential until 23-24 years age when we find out how they will turn out.

No one thought Lampard would score the amount of goals he did every season when he was at West Ham.
I don't think Willock is anything special tbh, so if I thought he had the potential to be another Lampard if he works very hard, I'd have to think that of every average young player... if they worked really hard. Seems an all action type without any outstanding attribute tbh. He's still young and very hungry though.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
To bring back the beautiful Arsenal, we need more technical players. We have less and less of these players over the years. I have waited 10 years for us to ship out all our non-technical players and play beautiful entertaining football again. I am still waiting.

Last edited:

mirrorstare

Kudos to the guy for proving his worth, regardless of what happens this could only help his career while the likes of Nelson and Nketiah could only scratch their heads and beg Arteta throws them a couple of minutes, even in dead games.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What are you talking about? He was loaned for a reason, to develop and push for a place next season. How many starts has elneny had in the league?
What are you talking about? I’m referring to people on here saying Willock isn’t good enough.

If El Neny can get a squad place and new contracts despite not being able to pass a ball then Willock is good enough to get a chance.

GDeep™

League is very weak
In the history of the PL, how many midfields have been purely or mainly built around technique and technical ability? Can’t think of any.

Iceman10

Established Member
@Football Manager wants something that has never or very rarely happened in the history of the PL. Outside City, his ideal midfields have never existed.
Just looks like he is playing a computer game in general. I don't get the frantic posts of "I've been waiting 10 years" as if the upcoming summer transfer window has presented a golden opportunity of 150m of Kroenke cash magically appearing from somewhere to spend coming out of covid, and still with EL/CL qualification in the balance. If we win Europa, ok, but that hasn't happened yet. Until then we need to also think of getting the most out of the assets we have.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
@Football Manager wants something that has never or very rarely happened in the history of the PL. Outside City, his ideal midfields have never existed.

Either you luck into a 1 in a billion chance of half a side of academy prospects coming through at the same time and turning into all time greats, like happened at Barca, or you spend Man City money.

There are literally no other options. He can't see that for whatever reason.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Just looks like he is playing a computer game in general. I don't get the frantic posts of "I've been waiting 10 years" as if the upcoming summer transfer window has presented a golden opportunity of 150m of Kroenke cash magically appearing from somewhere to spend coming out of covid, and still with EL/CL qualification in the balance. If we win Europa, ok, but that hasn't happened yet. Until then we need to also think of getting the most out of the assets we have.
Technical players aren’t expensive.

For example:

Just 20m. We could have bought x3 of this kind of player instead of a Auba who is bad on the ball.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Either you luck into a 1 in a billion chance of half a side of academy prospects coming through at the same time and turning into all time greats, like happened at Barca, or you spend Man City money.

There are literally no other options. He can't see that for whatever reason.
Then how did we get Van Persie, Hleb, Rosicky, Fabregas, Nasri, Arshavin, Cazorla, Sanchez.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom