• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJay24

It's your opinion but I strongly disagree that Cesc or Nasri were just as good technically as Xavi or Iniesta.

Don't get me wrong they were very good technically but in my opinion they were a clear level or two below a generational talent like Xavi or Iniesta.
At the end of the day it's all about opinions. I've said numerous times Nasris attitude stinks; I even heard stories when I use to coach at Manchester cities academy a few years ago.

However technically he's one of the best players ever developed. Xavi or Iniesta couldn't score the goal he did against Fulham or Porto.

But anyway we're getting off topic. I think Willock could really contribute for us next season if given a fair run.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I wasn't a fan of Tiki Taka either. I could appreciate it as almost an art form but it did nothing for me. Messi made it bearable to watch.

Spain playing a similar style without him was as dull as ditch water to me.

I’m part Spanish and even I couldn’t stand that 2010 team. Dullest World Cup winners of all time.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I’m part Spanish and even I couldn’t stand that 2010 team. Dullest World Cup winners of all time.

Same. Personally boo'd them when they played Australia in 2014, specially Snek Fabregas.

Dad was too much of a gentleman to boo his home country in a WC game. At least I got to teach him who Santi Cazorla was and his chant. People around was were... intrigued.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Newcastle bid 20/25m are people taking it? Its a tough one as Willock has a lot of raw ability a lot of midfielders don't have: he's a great athlete and has a knack for getting goals. But let's be honest here, basically every time he's played for us in the league it's been a bit if a disaster. I'm quite torn on this one.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Newcastle bid 20/25m are people taking it? Its a tough one as Willock has a lot of raw ability a lot of midfielders don't have: he's a great athlete and has a knack for getting goals. But let's be honest here, basically every time he's played for us in the league it's been a bit if a disaster. I'm quite torn on this one.
Newcastle have no money. Doubt most clubs will have 25M this summer for a Willock.

El Duderino

In this market? Probably with a buyback at that price.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Same. Personally boo'd them when they played Australia in 2014, specially Snek Fabregas.

Dad was too much of a gentleman to boo his home country in a WC game. At least I got to teach him who Santi Cazorla was and his chant. People around was were... intrigued.

I watched that game on TV instead of Netherlands - Chile mainly because it was Tim Cahill’s final WC game :lol:

You must have felt honoured.

El Duderino

I watched that game on TV instead of Netherlands - Chile mainly because it was Tim Cahill’s final WC game :lol:

You must have felt honoured.

Met my wife a couple of days later! Good month for me.

WC is just an all round great atmosphere and it Curitiba is a good city (lived there for a decade), so it was fun. Dad loved going to game, even though it was a dead rubber.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think with Willock as well the formation we play next season will be very important. If we stick with a 4231, I don't really see him getting any game time as I don't think you can trust him in the pivot due to his carelessness on the ball or at 10 due to his lack of a killer pass/combination play.

In a 433 though I could see him as an 8, where the creative burden would be shared more evenly. Would also suit him as he'd have more freedom getting into the box which is his main strength.

GoonerJay24

I think with Willock as well the formation we play next season will be very important. If we stick with a 4231, I don't really see him getting any game time as I don't think you can trust him in the pivot due to his carelessness on the ball or at 10 due to his lack of a killer pass/combination play.

In a 433 though I could see him as an 8, where the creative burden would be shared more evenly. Would also suit him as he'd have more freedom getting into the box which is his main strength.
Your right he does have flaws that make him ill-suited for a pivot role. But when you give young players a run in the side they can better work on these clear weaknesses. I actually think as the 10 he'd produce for us too with his late runs and finishing.

It's all about Mikel having the right idea for him ultimately. If he doesn't fit into Artetas immediate plans we should send him on another loan then revaluate the following summer.

jato

Newcastle have no money. Doubt most clubs will have 25M this summer for a Willock.

Chuck it in instalments, 12.5m this summer and 12.5m next summer when hopefully fans are back and clubs have more money. It doesn't need to be a lump sum payment.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I think we need to move to 433 as we're always outnumbered in the middle of the park. If he's refined, then with AFCON, we'll need him as even if we sign Bissouma, we'll have no midfield. Bissouma is better atm, but we need his physicality, goals, ball carrying and drive as an alternative option if nothing else.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully he keeps banging them in before the end of the season. Could have a few bigger clubs than Newcastle offering more money.

Could see Villa or Leeds getting interested then.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully he keeps banging them in before the end of the season. Could have a few bigger clubs than Newcastle offering more money.

Could see Villa or Leeds getting interested then.
If we sell him and keep Elneny is just criminal and we have idiots who run this club i know 20m for will guarantee you money to improve the midfield

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we sell him and keep Elneny is just criminal and we have idiots who run this club i know 20m for will guarantee you money to improve the midfield

Ideally Elneny would go then as well. I’d prefer to keep Willock but if Arteta won’t play him might as well cash in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom