• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Don’t need to overrate our players to justify Arteta’s tactical flaws.

We have two problems here, our manager, and our players.

Willock didn’t play well, if you take away his goals, and just analyse his midfield buildup play, he is shxt.
What’s your beef with Joe? Did he smash your girl or something?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

with Ødegaard gong back willock can replace him. With willock there is no pleasing people. Most fans want to keep him and buy a new midfielder. So what good does it to him if he can’t get minutes. We need to sell players to make money. Sell el neny won’t bring money in. Keep willock and give him el nenys minutes will bring down his value and he wil ask to leave next season while his value has gone down. When you players go out on loan and taste first team football. They not gonna take not getting minutes anymore

scytheavatar

Established Member
Don’t need to overrate our players to justify Arteta’s tactical flaws.

We have two problems here, our manager, and our players.

Willock didn’t play well, if you take away his goals, and just analyse his midfield buildup play, he is shxt.

And Auba is **** too if you take away his goals and just analyze his buildup play, so what's your point?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
The question is, if our underperforming players (Bar the likes of Mustafi) are doing better on loan, is it not just clearly the case of a manager out of his depth?
I think Joe is just a better fit for the counterattacking low possession football they play at Newcastle. You guys are acting like we sent Vieira on loan lol, the kid is averaging 15 passes/90 with only 75% being successful. If he had these performances here then the same people crying for him would say he's ****

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
And Auba is **** too if you take away his goals and just analyze his buildup play, so what's your point?
Yes. Auba is shxt. We had Henry, Bergkamp, van persie, Sanchez who were great on the ball, elite passer, and played beautiful football. I have been always against the signing of auba (or any pure poacher shxt). Signings after signing of limited/one dimensional players has destroyed our identity of playing the best beautiful in the world.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
At least with Willock, Guendouzi and AMN play with passion. That gutless shute from Thursday still burns.

If we are to become a midtable club, then Willocks boundless energy has use here. Think I'd happily take 25m though.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sometimes I expect the skies to inexplicably open up above any number of our players, and rain a shower of liquid shyte down on them whilst on the pitch, covering them head to toe, it never does happen.
1620553353560.gif

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If he’s not a footballer who does enough silky turns or from a Spanish academy, then @Football Manager wont rate them.
I do agree with him to some extent, Willock is still not involved enough other than some runs and a few goals he will add. There's not enough quality on the ball in his game to control the game for a big club. He can do the job for mid table clubs simply because they don't control the game, they like to defend and counter if possible, something that suits his game

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I do agree with him to some extent, Willock is still not involved enough other than some runs and a few goals he will add. There's not enough quality on the ball in his game to control the game for a big club. He can do the job for mid table clubs simply because they don't control the game, they like to defend and counter if possible, something that suits his game
Whenever willock has played at the base of midfield, he’s looked decent. It’s when Arteta has played him behind the striker is when he’s looked poor because that’s not his natural position. He’s a box to box midfielder, similar to someone like Aaron Ramsey. A runner in the midfield who can bring the ball forward and score goals.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I agree with that, but "decent" won't be enough for us I'm afraid. We could discuss if he would add more than Ceballos or Elneny though
Lol mate, I’d offer more than Ceballos and Elneny in midfield. They’re barely footballers. Willock and AMN are clear of both of them. I’m not saying I would start the lad every game, but he deserves to be in the squad. He’s young and he’s Arsenal through and through. Big Steve Bruce has gotten more out of Willock than Arteta could ever dream of.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This is a sound assessment the way you have explained it tbh. The main problem however, is some of the guys playing ahead of him (I think you even alluded to this).

He's not amazing we know this, but we don't know if he could be and this was the perfect season to find out. We've squandered it handing out minutes to nothing/temp players instead. Luckily Newcastle solved this problem for us, so either keeping or selling for a half decent fee suddenly looks feasible now.

Having this fraud Arteta assess the squad burns me though, I kinda want almost everybody to have a second chance under a new manager because it's hard to know who's actually trash or who's been destroyed over the past 18 months.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Personally I think the best for Willock is another years loan with Newcastle. If he comes back here will he start? Probably not, especially if we buy a partner for Partey. If he stays and continues like he has been then his value rises and he could become a starter here. It depends on whether the club needs to cash in now to buy what we need this summer.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Whenever willock has played at the base of midfield, he’s looked decent. It’s when Arteta has played him behind the striker is when he’s looked poor because that’s not his natural position. He’s a box to box midfielder, similar to someone like Aaron Ramsey. A runner in the midfield who can bring the ball forward and score goals.
Ramsey was a liability in the midfield.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
This is a sound assessment the way you have explained it tbh. The main problem however, is some of the guys playing ahead of him (I think you even alluded to this).

He's not amazing we know this, but we don't know if he could be and this was the perfect season to find out. We've squandered it handing out minutes to nothing/temp players instead. Luckily Newcastle solved this problem for us, so either keeping or selling for a half decent fee suddenly looks feasible now.

Having this fraud Arteta assess the squad burns me though, I kinda want almost everybody to have a second chance under a new manager because it's hard to know who's actually trash or who's been destroyed over the past 18 months.
I literally said the same thing, and you people disagree. Now he said it again and that is a sound assessment?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

People are rewriting history. I hate Arteta more than anyone here. But he didn’t do willock wrong. He rarely did well for us and was usually a ghost in midfield. Before he was loaned out no one was against it or was calling for him to get mind. I swear if nketiah go out on loan next season and has a golden spell people will cry the manager never gave him chance and he should have started games for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom