• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If we don’t have any plans to give him a big role next season then we have to sell now, no point keeping him if he’s barely going to play. 30m+ should be reasonable. Can’t make the same mistake we did with AMN, either you trust them and let them play or you cash in.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Not that crazy. People have agendas - they've already made up their minds that he's not very good and they'd rather sell him, no matter how well he does. Not even a hatred thing, just a need to be right.

I have always liked Willock but my preference is for another years loan. Do you think he would start at Arsenal? If not why bring him back and bench him? We will buy a CM & AM this summer, so best to let his value continue and sell next summer or bring him back. That's my view.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we don’t have any plans to give him a big role next season then we have to sell now, no point keeping him if he’s barely going to play. 30m+ should be reasonable. Can’t make the same mistake we did with AMN, either you trust them and let them play or you cash in.

I think at 21 another years loan at Newcastle should also be an option.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I hear that. Just shows how the last 15 years has messed up fans. Everyone just wants solutions & has their own formula 😁

This is little problem with AM too many people feel the need to say something on the subject instead of nothing.

Personally, I havent got a clue what you do with Willock, it can go either way, he could return and be great or crap, you sell him he could he great or crap, the loan was a success but its hard to tell what happens next and if he can continue and build on his recent form.

Its a gamble, pick red or black, no one really knows the outcome.

dbig

If he won't get to play for us next season, sell him off when his value is high now.

Hate to see these youngsters not get any opportunities and lose their value as well in the process.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I can't believe Arsenal fans are considering selling the most inform player in the PL?

Madness. Wouldn't be considered if he signed for us for hefty price tag.

Should of been in the England squad with Holdini and ESR.

CountChocula

Everyone knows you need to buy low + sell high to make money, but what happens in practice is when stock market hits new highs greed sets in and no one wants to sell. Then when the market crashes everyone gets scared and sells. Buy high, sell low. Arsenal's been doing it for years.

We need to sell at the top for once. Should've sold AMN last summer and should sell Willock now. With the money we can fund most of Buendia/Ødegaard who are guaranteed to improve our side instead of gambling on fitting a square peg into a round hole: turning AMN into a RB, making Willock work in a possession-based side.

Last edited:

Alexs

We will not be an elite possession based team any decade soon. We should be an athletic counter attacking team. Arteta goes asap. Willock stays and plays. Just wishful thinking I know.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Everyone knows you need to buy low + sell high to make money, but what happens in practice is when stock market hits new highs greed sets in and no one wants to sell. Then when the market crashes everyone gets scared and sells. Buy high, sell low. Arsenal's been doing it for years.

We need to sell at the top for once. Should've sold AMN last summer and should sell Willock now. With the money we can fund most of Buendia/Ødegaard who are guaranteed to improve our side instead of gambling on fitting a square peg into a round hole: turning AMN into a RB, making Willock work in a possession-based side.
This is not the stock market though?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

With Ashley we'll be offered a bunch of coupons at Sports Direct and shirts in 3XL at a discount. £30m you're having a laugh....

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I'm personally in the camp of keeping him and I think people are underestimating the impact of a midfielder that can score goals.

Yes he's not the most technical player, but if we can get him to score even 7 or 8 a season consistently from midfield that's a substantial contribution.

HOWEVER what I also think is that there's no point in Arteta bringing him back only to not play him in his proper position or to drop him unreasonably, and I could see that happening considering AMN.

If Arteta won't utilise Willock properly and that in turn drops his value (and if Arteta will stay on in the longer future) then we might as well sell him if a really good offer comes in instead of tanking his value.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Need to use him a bit like Newcastle, a midfield substitute when we are chasing a goal/game. There are no other midfielders in our squad who can do this. With arteta as manager he will get plenty of minutes.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
10-15m come off it. Liverpool get twice as much for unknown players and this guy has just done 7 in 7. The hype train should have him go for no less than 35m if he does go at all.
Should be but might be outside the price range of clubs who would be interested. Doubt a team like Everton is interested in him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pretty clear what the blokes saying, sell stuff when perceived value is higher than intrinsic value- and he's right.
Stocks are liquid assets, footballers are not. It’s an overly simplistic argument.

Willock is 21 and just finished his first half-season of regular football as the highest scoring English midfielder. He scored against 5 of the top 6, never gets injured and has a realistic chance of an England call up this calendar year. All of those are part of his intrinsic value.

There are hardly any players with his attributes in his position at the highest level. That also increases his value.

He’s on £20k a week with 2 years left on his contract. An extended deal on a higher salary, yep, you guessed it. Increases his value.

Literally the only thing missing from the equation here is Arsenal actually investing in playing him. This is a club that forced players to take a pay cut to save jobs last summer, only to carry out redundancies anyway, took out a £120m loan to cover a shortfall in broadcasting and match day revenues, paid players like Özil and Mustafi to leave, and has an annual wage bill of £140m despite zero European football.

Developing the likes of Willock rather than loaning unwanted Madrid players and old Chelsea players on free transfers might be prudent.

But yeah, buy low and sell high.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Stocks are liquid assets, footballers are not. It’s an overly simplistic argument.

Willock is 21 and just finished his first half-season of regular football as the highest scoring English midfielder. He scored against 5 of the top 6, never gets injured and has a realistic chance of an England call up this calendar year. All of those are part of his intrinsic value.

There are hardly any players with his attributes in his position at the highest level. That also increases his value.

He’s on £20k a week with 2 years left on his contract. An extended deal on a higher salary, yep, you guessed it. Increases his value.

Literally the only thing missing from the equation here is Arsenal actually investing in playing him. This is a club that forced players to take a pay cut to save jobs last summer, only to carry out redundancies anyway, took out a £120m loan to cover a shortfall in broadcasting and match day revenues, paid players like Özil and Mustafi to leave, and has an annual wage bill of £140m despite zero European football.

Developing the likes of Willock rather than loaning unwanted Madrid players and old Chelsea players on free transfers might be prudent.

But yeah, buy low and sell high.
The argument still holds, you're just saying you think his intrinsic value is still higher than his perceived value and you seem to acknowledge it makes sense at the end.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The argument still holds, you're just saying you think his intrinsic value is still higher than his perceived value and you seem to acknowledge it makes sense at the end.
It’s still over simplistic. You can’t take it in isolation. It’s like saying buying your house cheap and selling for a profit makes sense, regardless of whether or not you can find a better house at the right price.

I keep hearing people say sell and re-invest. Re-invest where? The best players are at the best clubs and the likes of Bissouma are wanted by Liverpool & City.

Hence my point about stocks being a poor example, because unlike human capital they have limited real world use and are easily replaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom