• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah, that's why I keep going on about getting 5-8m for Elneny, and combining with sales of Torreira and Guendouzi to fund a CM, with Willock coming back also. There are multiple ways of doing things, but I get the underlying problem is concerns over Arteta's approach if he stays, as detrimental to certain players.
Agree. You move the dross on for whatever you can get and see what's left. Tell the player on the last day of the season that they won't be registered for the next. The WC is next year so it's a great opportunity to be ruthless. If Arteta stays, then we replace Edu and make sure that person is very involved in team selection and tactics. Arteta's lack of experience and ego can't be allowed to kill this and the next generation of potential. If Arteta doesn't like this change, then he can resign. Rangnick could probably do the job of both anyway

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Willock got his run here and everybody said he wasn't good enough for us. Using hindsight to say it was a mistake to loan him out is ludicrous.

Iceman10

Established Member
Willock got his run here and everybody said he wasn't good enough for us. Using hindsight to say it was a mistake to loan him out is ludicrous.
How do you know it was everybody? Do you save comments for everyone on this site? Mutable didn't feel that way, and others also. I know there are some loud peacocking BS artists who grab all the attention on this site, but they do not represent everyone.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not everybody, you’d know if you actually read this thread.

Another Arteta boot licker calling everyone bad out of desperation when the actual bum is the manager, typical.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

How do you know it was everybody? Do you save comments for everyone on this site? Mutable didn't feel that way, and others also. I know there are some loud peacocking BS artists who grab all the attention on this site, but they do not represent everyone.

By reading through this very thread..

@MutableEarth, @Mitch, and @GDeep™ all said he was good before November 2020. Read the thread from page 11/12 onward.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Another Arteta boot licker calling everyone bad out of desperation when the actual bum is the manager, typical.

Except I like Willock but he wasn't ready to play week in and week out here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He got a run at false 9, a pressing 10 and out wide, he never once got a run in his position. I never once wrote him, along with others who were clamouring for him to be given a proper chance in his position.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Except I like Willock but he wasn't ready to play week in and week out here.
I don’t think he is either, but with the way this season went and the options ahead of him I don’t see why he didn’t get a run.

I misread your post anyways - we largely agree.

GoonerJay24

Could a 3 in midfield work, perhaps with someone like Auoar`s ability left of centre, so say something like

---------------- Partey --------------

--- Willock ------------- Aouar -----

Does that give a good mix of technical ability, physical ability & off the ball running?
Looks fairly balanced but, I think Smith-Rowe should be in there. Also hold reservations on Partey being the deepest midfielder.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Looks fairly balanced but, I think Smith-Rowe should be in there. Also hold reservations on Partey being the deepest midfielder.
Agree with you and if you add Nelson, Pepe and Guendouzi, isn't that a midfield that gives you some sort if hope and options. Partey as the deepest isn't a problem if the other two show for the ball and are able to retain it. Partey also has a good through ball. There's reason to be hopeful with these players.

GoonerJay24

Agree with you and if you add Nelson, Pepe and Guendouzi, isn't that a midfield that gives you some sort if hope and options. Partey as the deepest isn't a problem if the other two show for the ball and are able to retain it. Partey also has a good through ball. There's reason to be hopeful with these players.
As I've said all season we've got quality players but Coneboy Mike is stifling the talent here.

Partey's capable of playing as the deepest midfielder; it's just I prefer him being more box to box. A player like Bissouma or Paulhinha from Sporting Lisbon would be his perfect partner. Although a 433 does provide more fluidity and passing lanes; so long as the coach is competent and able to instruct properly!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
As I've said all season we've got quality players but Coneboy Mike is stifling the talent here.

Partey's capable of playing as the deepest midfielder; it's just I prefer him being more box to box. A player like Bissouma or Paulhinha from Sporting Lisbon would be his perfect partner. Although a 433 does provide more fluidity and passing lanes; so long as the coach is competent and able to instruct properly!
A 433 is definitely needed and players with good pace and technique installed. We need numbers in midfield. We've been outnumbered all season. The 4231 with poor and scared players and a poor manager hasn't worked

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Well, it does seem that Ødegaard and Ceballos and maybe Elneny will be out ...and that opens up space for AMN and Willock to come in. Xhaka, Partey, AMN, Willock, Smith Rowe and maybe a new #10 would be the midfield squad, with Saka, and Elneny possible also able to slot in.

I really want to see Saka at #10. I feel he is wasted on the wing.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Kroos maybe?

I wouldn’t call Kane athletic either. Cazorla? David Silva? Idk.
Nah. Kroos has a great engine and deceptively strong. Very very hard to push him off the ball. Kane can’t run but he’s strong. Peak Cazorla was pacey enough to play out wide. I would say he was very agile and had a good acceleration.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agree. You move the dross on for whatever you can get and see what's left. Tell the player on the last day of the season that they won't be registered for the next. The WC is next year so it's a great opportunity to be ruthless. If Arteta stays, then we replace Edu and make sure that person is very involved in team selection and tactics. Arteta's lack of experience and ego can't be allowed to kill this and the next generation of potential. If Arteta doesn't like this change, then he can resign. Rangnick could probably do the job of both anyway
I understand the sentiment here but can’t think of any self respecting coach who’d agree to this. If we don’t trust him to pick the team and make tactical decisions we should replace him with someone we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom