• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinFish

I'd be happy to get rid for £30m or give him one last chance here.

Either way the useless manager is the one not getting the best out of our players.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think the smartest thing to do is to send Arteta out on loan and keep Willock instead. On a serious note, I would extend Willock’s contract by 3 years and send him out on loan again. Hopefully by next season, Arteta gets sacked by December and a competent manager will see Willock for his positive traits and actually use him correctly.

I genuinely believe midfielders like Willock can reach the £40+ million mark. There’s no point selling him to Newcastle for a quick £20 million grab, maybe AMN can go for that but not Joe. He’s a goal threat, over 6ft2 and a two-way midfielder. If he can get over 10 goals next season in the PL that puts him in seriously good company. Plus, him being English and young really gives us leverage. Be smart for once Arsenal.

RunTheTrap

Willock would be the type of midfielder Klopp or Bayern would go for. A physically imposing goal-scoring midfielder is a great asset to have. Jude Bellingham, Ballack, Yaya Toure, Grozekta are the blueprint for Joe. And FYI before anyone cancels me, I’m not saying Joe is as good as these guys I’m simply saying he’s in their mould and we should be very excited of his potential.

Iceman10

Established Member
I understand the sentiment here but can’t think of any self respecting coach who’d agree to this. If we don’t trust him to pick the team and make tactical decisions we should replace him with someone we do.
I've heard it said that the consequence of Arteta's "promotion" was the technical director went back to being deferential to the first team manager, essentially a support role. The whole thing is ridiculous and infuriating, esp. the u-turn from what was the original arrangement post-Wenger. They all need to go. Vinai, Edu, Arteta. The problem I think is the owners perhaps feel best not do anything with anyone as it will show weakness. Best to keep fans feeling demoralised and powerless. The biggest concern is the longer this goes on the more risk of hurting our pipeline, which ends up very costly.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The guy is doing brilliantly week in and week out. But some people here still trying to find excuses to sell him. His performances at midfield is better than all the options we have currently. But no. Let's sell him and buy the next Chelsea reject with the money.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Willock would be the type of midfielder Klopp or Bayern would go for. A physically imposing goal-scoring midfielder is a great asset to have. Jude Bellingham, Ballack, Yaya Toure, Grozekta are the blueprint for Joe. And FYI before anyone cancels me, I’m not saying Joe is as good as these guys I’m simply saying he’s in their mould and we should be very excited of his potential.

He might get there one day but I got a chuckle out of lumping Bellingham in with Ballack and Yaya Toure. Let him do this for 2-3 years

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I want to see us sign Bisshouma, Buendia and Lamptey next season. It’s between Guendouzi and Willock then for who stays and hopefully Swiss Charlie adams gets sold to stoke. Arsenal finish 4th and we build from there.

All this under our new manager of course.

Iceman10

Established Member
The guy is doing brilliantly week in and week out. But some people here still trying to find excuses to sell him. His performances at midfield is better than all the options we have currently. But no. Let's sell him and buy the next Chelsea reject with the money.
Sadly the problem is more that Mikel probably will be tempted by something around 20-25m because he likely does not rate the player as highly as Bruce. I'm ok with every player having a price, although I felt strongly that Emi was underpriced last summer. Yeah, the problem is how the money is used if it comes to it, and for squad depth we need 2 CM's, not one.

RunTheTrap

He might get there one day but I got a chuckle out of lumping Bellingham in with Ballack and Yaya Toure. Let him do this for 2-3 years
Nah I’m not saying Bellingham is on their level. I’m just saying they’re all similar players. It’s like me saying Ben Arfa is similar to Messi. Of course not in talent but in style.

Rattata

Giving away a young goal scoring midfielder from the own youth while lacking goals from midfield because the player doesn't average 95% completed passes every game would be such an Arteta move.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Giving away a young goal scoring midfielder from the own youth while lacking goals from midfield because the player doesn't average 95% completed passes every game would be such an Arteta move.
This sums up arteta down to a tee. As I said previously, the man would have probably benched Sanchez.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think the smartest thing to do is to send Arteta out on loan and keep Willock instead. On a serious note, I would extend Willock’s contract by 3 years and send him out on loan again. Hopefully by next season, Arteta gets sacked by December and a competent manager will see Willock for his positive traits and actually use him correctly.

I genuinely believe midfielders like Willock can reach the £40+ million mark. There’s no point selling him to Newcastle for a quick £20 million grab, maybe AMN can go for that but not Joe. He’s a goal threat, over 6ft2 and a two-way midfielder. If he can get over 10 goals next season in the PL that puts him in seriously good company. Plus, him being English and young really gives us leverage. Be smart for once Arsenal.
That's my hope for both Willock and Nelson. Renewals and a loan, then hopefully returning with a manager that will actually do something with them. I think Willock would benefit from another loan if only because he'll get uninterrupted minutes and isn't gonna get benched for Elneny.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
He’s doing well because he’s playing under a real manager. Not someone pretending to be one.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Don’t need to overrate our players to justify Arteta’s tactical flaws.

We have two problems here, our manager, and our players.

Willock didn’t play well, if you take away his goals, and just analyse his midfield buildup play, he is shxt.

Wiggins

Sometimes I expect the skies to inexplicably open up above any number of our players, and rain a shower of liquid shyte down on them whilst on the pitch, covering them head to toe, it never does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom