• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
The thing is, unless we can sign an Ødegaard, switching to a 433 suits our team.
If we made the move to 433 I suspect Arteta would go for a 433 similar to City where the 8s play as 10s which would still not suit Willock. People would still complain about how he's playing too high up the pitch and is forced to play back to goal etc. That's why we are trying to sell this guy and buy 10s.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Reminds me of the Ramsey situation where he didn't score much then all of a sudden he suddenly turned into a cheat code (until injuries stopped him). Willock Scoring 7 on the trot is no luck. If he played for another team and we were linked with him after the season he had our fans would be hyping him.

Thankfully, he's an Arsenal player. Unless someone bids 30-40mill there is no reason to consider selling him. Best to give him a chance and see what happens. A goal-scoring midfielder is rare and of special quality that few have. We don't want to lose it if its in front of our eyes.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I’ll get blasted for saying this but I don’t think the gap between ESR and Willock is as big as people make it seem. I really dislike how people make it seem one is the next Grealish and the other is league one standard. It’s disrespectful. ESR is more silky to watch and is due an explosion but Willock is raw power and is currently exploding right now.
Arteta played with Ramsey and he wasn’t a great passer in his youth. I’m actually disappointed Arteta hasn’t tried more with Joe. I’m annoyed about not signing another CM but if Joe continues to blow he could save us a lot of money in that regard and we can concentrate on RB, 10, GK and ST.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’ll get blasted for saying this but I don’t think the gap between ESR and Willock is as big as people make it seem. I really dislike how people make it seem one is the next Grealish and the other is league one standard. It’s disrespectful. ESR is more silky to watch and is due an explosion but Willock is raw power and is currently exploding right now.
Arteta played with Ramsey and he wasn’t a great passer in his youth. I’m actually disappointed Arteta hasn’t tried more with Joe. I’m annoyed about not signing another CM but if Joe continues to blow he could save us a lot of money in that regard and we can concentrate on RB, 10, GK and ST.
Ramsey was an ambitious passer - it came off sometimes and didn't come off other times. I think when Willock gets the confidence to play those passes regularly we'll see something similar, but I do think Willock is due an improvement in that area and people will be surprised.

RunTheTrap

Ramsey was an ambitious passer - it came off sometimes and didn't come off other times. I think when Willock gets the confidence to play those passes regularly we'll see something similar, but I do think Willock is due an improvement in that area and people will be surprised.
Of course he’ll improve. He’s been educated by one of the top academies in English football. He was playing regularly at 10 in u18 and u23 level. You must have a good technical base and passing ability to play there. Even at that level. I think Joe’s problem is more mechanical than technical. His shoddy passing is due to his body imo.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Of course he’ll improve. He’s been educated by one of the top academies in English football. He was playing regularly at 10 in u18 and u23 level. You must have a good technical base and passing ability to play there. Even at that level. I think Joe’s problem is more mechanical than technical. His shoddy passing is due to his body imo.
I think it’s just experience personally. He needs rhythm and trust. You could be right though, I don’t have my hopes high for him anyways.

We’d be better off selling for players Arteta will actually use, unless he outlasts Arteta and the next coach fancies him.

RunTheTrap

I think it’s just experience personally. He needs rhythm and trust. You could be right though, I don’t have my hopes high for him anyways.

We’d be better off selling for players Arteta will actually use, unless he outlasts Arteta and the next coach fancies him.
Arteta has zero taste when it comes to players. I wouldn't sell any of our youngsters except Nelson and Nketiah.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

For me it's also frustrating because he has one of the rarest skillsets in top level football. People can talk about passing but there are hundreds of DLP types out there. Elite strikers are not rare. Playmakers are not either. Goal scoring centre mids are not common at all and if Willock does round out into a player who can run, dribble, carry, tackle and score 8-10 goals per season then he will be immense. I just think it's too early to let him slip before we know what his level is.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Willock looked immensely talented as a 6 in Enery's first pre season. I don't see how he gets games here next season though.

Partey, Lokonga and Willock in a midfield 3 would be fantastic for the press.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Now that we've tied Xhaka to an extension, Elneny set to stay and Lokonga impressing, let's sell Willock. He's obviously not talented enough, can't pass, can't tackle - all he can do is score goals, and he won't be able to do that for Arsenal because everyone parks the bus, and he's not smart or technical enough to get chances against that kind of set-up. So let's sell for £20m and get mad when he goes to a better team for twice the money in the next couple seasons and shows his true level, while we continue to give contracts to Xhaka and Elneny at the expense of younger, more dynamic players that we already have on the books.

While we're at it, let's sell Azeez too. We won't be needing him. We'll just rely on Partey and then Lokonga to carry the entire energy of the midfield. Patino should watch himself too. Good stuff from Edu and Arteta! :thumbsup:

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Now that we've tied Xhaka to an extension, Elneny set to stay and Lokonga impressing, let's sell Willock. He's obviously not talented enough, can't pass, can't tackle - all he can do is score goals, and he won't be able to do that for Arsenal because everyone parks the bus, and he's not smart or technical enough to get chances against that kind of set-up. So let's sell for £20m and get mad when he goes to a better team for twice the money in the next couple seasons and shows his true level, while we continue to give contracts to Xhaka and Elneny at the expense of younger, more dynamic players that we already have on the books.

While we're at it, let's sell Azeez too. We won't be needing him. We'll just rely on Partey and then Lokonga to carry the entire energy of the midfield. Patino should watch himself too. Good stuff from Edu and Arteta! :thumbsup:

Some Arsenal fans really want to get rid of Willock lol. I don't get it, they act like the guy can't complete a pass to save his life. If most people that claimed to be Arsenal fans watched 21 year old Partey, they want call him a headless chicken too. Arteta likes Azeez, so he'll def get a chance to impress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom