• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Joel Campbell, the man who keeps knocking on the door. Just when you forget about him he pops right back into the frame. He's now made an impact at every major level club and international. He's quick, clinical, can play wide or centre, scores and assists. Sounds like the kind of player we are looking for. Yet you never hear a word about his return. Why?

What should we do about him? Bring him in or sell him for a pretty sum and cash out elsewhere? He's got a visa so that's not an issue and has two years remaining on his contract. So if we bring him in a new contract will be a must.

What do we do?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i think first we should give a chance before renewing his contract he still have 2 years left there is alot of time to talk about his new contract. he deserves his chance he shows he is talented player last season with his club and he keep showing it in world cup. he said he looking forward to play with Arsenal in pre-season so that mean Arsène will give him the chance to impress him more.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Yeah we won't know if he is Arsenal level properly until we see him in pre-season with the team, have some good games in the Emirates Cup against stronger teams.

I have a feeling he will slot in perfectly though, the kid has a great football brain, knows where to move.

Giroud

Established Member
He looks quality. We needed a new proper wide forward because Podolski isn't doing enough and Walcott gets injured every season but it looks as if Campbell can come in and fill that gap.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't get why people are so reluctant to say he's ready. It's always, 'we'll see when he plays against X, Y or Z' or whatever. Yet Gnabry runs through Sp**s and lays a ball off for an assist, and it's never in doubt about him.

Campbell's just tore the arse out of Uruguay at a WC. If that were Gnabry last night, this forum would be circle jerking and salivating in anticipation of him cementing the RWF spot. I don't get it. If we were doing things right at Arsenal, we'd send Gnabry on loan somewhere in place of Campbell.

I think he's a solution.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Solution for me. I mean he won't be a starter initially but he'll get game time. The type of pace you want off the bench too.

baccy_man

Established Member
I would not be surprised if Joel is going to be our CF going by the reports on sky.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9349719/world-cup-costa-rica-forward-joel-campbell-will-return-to-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... to-arsenal</a>

Toast

Established Member
He would be a great option to have in the squad next season. Offers something dfferent, is still young and will improve further. With eveyone fit he probably won't start but he'll offer good competition.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
baccy_man said:
I would not be surprised if Joel is going to be our CF going by the reports on sky.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9349719/world-cup-costa-rica-forward-joel-campbell-will-return-to-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... to-arsenal</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe but more likely to play LW

Giroud

Established Member
Gnabry has played a few minutes for us while Campbell has racked up numerous La Liga and Champions League appearances and has now played in the WC. Campbell is miles ahead of Gnabry in terms of development.

Another thing is Campbell looks a natural goalscorer and only Podolski and Walcott fill that category in our side at the moment. Chamberlain and Gnabry like receiving the ball short and going from there while Campbell looks a far bigger threat on goal which is really what we need.

He's a really exciting player.

TheCourier

Joel confirmed he's playing for arsenal next season. To say we shouldn't renew him as he has 2 years left is reverting back to the nasri rvp issues where they hold us to ransom. He's good simple as. I would liken him to James Rodriguez influence in the Colombian team and he will add a complete new dimension to us that we don't have in attack. This could turn out really well for us getting 15 mill already having Joel coming who is getting better every time we see him play and Gazidas saying recently that we are already deep in negotiating with high class players to sign for the club. I know I shouldn't but I'm getting mucho mucho excited about this window.

cannonade

Established Member
Don't remember the thread, but I'm curious if Wenger said what was reported to have been said about not needing Balotelli because we have quality in Campbell coming in (commentating on french tv yesterday). Can anyone verify if he said this?

Toast

Established Member
^ If I recall correctly that was a fake quote thought up by someone on one of our rivals' forum.

cannonade

Established Member
Thanks. Can't wait to see what Campbell can do in an Arsenal shirt, but would like a talent like Baloteli as well.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Solution for me. Incisive off the ball, clever on the ball. His dribbling will improve, he's got a final ball and a sweet left foot shot on him. Was cautious about whether he would perform at a high level, but CL and Uruguay performances really made more people aware.

Also, not really pleased with people using him to sh-t on Gnabry and Sanogo. Both have done OK in their own right. They are all talented.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Certainly not a problem but also neither a solution. Extend his contract bring him back looks like he will do well here.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
He's not a problem anyway.

It's simple, he 100% deserves a shot. It might or might not work out but he deserves his chance. I was on the fence after he moved to Greece and I thought that was the end of him, but after seeing him in the CL and now the WC this year he deserves his chance. Give him an opportunity on the right and he can even be an alternative option up front. Him on the right and Ox on the left would be something a bit different. This gives us a chance to loan out Gnabry as well.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Campbell has scored and made a big impact against Spain in a friendly, Manchester United in the champions league and Uruguay in the World Cup but we want to see what he can do in pre season at the Emirates cup? Alright.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

When he came on against Ireland the other week the whole Irish back line were acting like it was Messi.

He's neither the solution for definite nor is he the problem.... saying he's the problem is a bit harsh. Give him a chance this season he more than deserves it. We know we need a top forward regardless, however surely giving players like Campbell the chance they deserve is exactly what this club is all about.

ScotVieira

Established Member
The guy surely deserves a chance to prove his worth and I believe he'll excel if given the chance. He has impressed every time I've seen him play so I believe he is definitely good enough to be a good quality squad option for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom