• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criticizing Campbell for this "dig", that wasn't even directed towards anyone in particular, is ridiculous. He has every right to say that.

Unlike most of our players, he always gave his best on the pitch and never moaned about anything, even though there were many reasons and opportunities to do so. He deserves more respect than this.

progman07

Established Member
Campbell on staying: "Another person could stay at Arsenal, have a good wage, live in a nice city and not playing.

That's what this **** has done for the last 2 seasons, who is he to have a dig at someone else?
He has given 100% everytime he played, that's only what he can do. Helped us in progressing through the CL group stage as well. I still haven't seen better defensive shifts from our wingers than what Joel regularly produced.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Well, he was forced to stay. We blocked him moving last summer, isn't it?
As @4R5Emaniac said, he was forced to stay and was obviously given hope.
He had the whole summer to leave, it was only after Welbeck's operation a few days before the window closed that he was forced to stay.
He's perfectly entitled to distance himself from being that sort of player, or even dig them out.
Yeah but nobody has ever considered him to be in that category. Came across as being bitter.
. Why don't you criticize Walcott who earns £140.000 a week and is absolute rubbish? Or perhaps Debuchy who has contributed ZERO to Arsenal and takes £70.000 a week.
I have criticised both, not sure what either of them have to do with this dicussion though.
I still haven't seen better defensive shifts from our wingers than what Joel regularly produced.
Welbeck puts in a shift. Scores and assists at a similar rate to Joel, yet gets nothing but stick.
@American_Gooner must have been on his favourite whiskey and Evo-stick combo yesterday afternoon. :drool:
Need to be on that strong stuff when I take on the Cult of Joel. :drool:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Fair enough but he did get mistreated and undeserved stick despite actually contributing while afforded the opportunity. I've always been pretty supportive of Wele and what he gave us. Its a great advantage having versatile, hard working and productive squad players.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I feel you are all a little bit misinterpreting what Campbell tried to say. I don't look at it as a dig, I think he meant that about himself. His two choices - to sit and collect good greens or to play regularly.

Think it's a messy translation tbh.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I feel you are all a little bit misinterpreting what Campbell tried to say. I don't look at it as a dig, I think he meant that about himself. His two choices - to sit and collect good greens or to play regularly.

Think it's a messy translation tbh.
Yes, it's that, but @American_Gooner just wants to see Joel burn.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yes, it's that, but @American_Gooner just wants to see Joel burn.
I'm actually more positive toward Campbell than anyone if you really think about it. You guys want him to be a sideman for life, playing back-up to whoever Wenger fancies on the RW. I'm saying go to La Liga and start for a decent team, play every week. The Campbell supporters on here are selfish trying to keep him here as a squaddie, whereas I have Joel's best interests at heart.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Great header. Joel gonna Joel, though. He should be in London. We needed to find space for him. Oh well. Love you son. We'll meet again. :drool:

MagicalRozza

Such a versatile talented player. He should not have been loaned. Could have used him today.
My thoughts exactly when I was watchin the Soton game yesterday. We had no forward going force that Joel always provides. Tippy tappy sideway passing makes me sick and none of our wingers were competent enought to drive the entire team forward. Of course it changed a lot when Alexis and Iwobi came on but anyhow it still bugs me why Ox and Theo are starting and Joel is in Portugal. I agree that the defence did not exactly prevent him from scoring but look at him gesturing where the pass is to be made, keeping the offside line, etc. He pretty much prepared a goal scoring opportunity for himself. He is a very intelligent player, something Theo and particularly Ox are not.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Apologies for the bump but he's providing updates on his rehabilitation. Seems to be ahead in his recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom