• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhaka Zulu

Don't see the logic in Campbell making way for Gnabry. Yes he's been performing at the Olympics, but if I'm not mistaken there are lots of youth/young players in those national selections.

But yeah no use in keeping Campbell if you're not gonna use him anyway.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Get out why you can Joel...

Not on loan though, that's just ****ing pointless.

Agreed. How many loans is logical or a benefit to either player or club. A player generally goes on loan to gain experience and improve, then fight for a place when they return. I would say Campbell has had more than his quota of loans and is not going to make it here, unless we become a mid table club.

Xhaka Zulu

I find our inability to sell excess players just as annoying as our inability to sign new players.

I'm assuming it has to do with the fee we're being offered for Campbell not being high enough. So instead of selling him or saying if the money isn't right he's not leaving, the interested club gets him on loan and nothing changes for Arsenal. It's Wenger being just as indecisive selling players as he is buying buying them.

jvw

Sending Campbell on loan makes absolutely no sense. Sell him if we have to, but he's 24, what is a loan going to achieve? Wenger is so clueless in all aspects of the transfer market.

I thought Campbell looked pretty good last season - certainly better than the Ox who had a dreadful season. Walcott will be playing up front a fair bit since Arsène in his wisdom has failed to sign a striker, so it's not as if we're overstocked with right wingers. When you take our inevitable injury crisis into account, we will definitely need him. It's absolute madness to stall his career yet again with another loan.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Kidding, like he is implying that Sporting think he is rubbish and not worth it. A_G doesn't rate him. Ah, forget it....I sometimes don't get my jokes either.

I suspect its more like they know if they want to keep him beyond the loan it'd be easier to negotiate a cheap fee with us in future anyway after a year off of his contract.

One of our big problem is we seem to have trouble selling on players and up to the level of our competitors who seem to make profit in selling dross with nothing to say the player would or could ever live up to that.

Bring in Overmars to slay Kingslayer or slay with Kingslayer.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Kidding, like he is implying that Sporting think he is rubbish and not worth it.
:confused: I said it because I don't know what their financial situation is like. They may not be able to afford his transfer fee + long term contract on hos wages.

4R5Emaniac

:confused: I said it because I don't know what their financial situation is like. They may not be able to afford his transfer fee + long term contract on hos wages.
Yeah, I figured. That's the leg pulling joke attempt. You lot higher up the human race... Sporting should be at a decent financial level given the players they keep and buy, I think. Bryan Ruiz from Fulham. They sell good players as well and demand crazy money. How much is Joel on?

jvw

Why should we fall over ourselves to accommodate their needs? If what they want doesn't suit us (which a loan doesn't, IMO), we should say no. If we are going to replace him, we could get a decent fee for him. If we aren't going to replace him, we shouldn't be getting rid at all.

4R5Emaniac

Why should we fall over ourselves to accommodate their needs? If what they want doesn't suit us (which a loan doesn't, IMO), we should say no. If we are going to replace him, we could get a decent fee for him. If we aren't going to replace him, we shouldn't be getting rid at all.
Agreed, we need to show some nous and negotiating capacity of that level. Do you doubt most other clubs closer to our level wouldn't get 15m or around, minimum for Joel? No chance. He has shown ability and has productivity to back it up.

eye4goal

Established Member
I think he should be sold rather than loaned out for the 5th time. Its unfair on the lad, and rather sums up how the club can't make decisions when it comes to letting players go.

dillonh

laughable stuff yet again at AFC. Infinitely better wide forward than both Ox and Walcott which he has proven basically every time he has played. Name a better individual performance than joel vs olympiacos from either Ox or Walcott, laughably inept from wenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom