• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wait. So Iwobi gets injured and Ramsey(who has been used as right winger ahead of Joel). And our answer is to loan Campbell out?

Because Chamberlain, Walcott and Wilshere aren't injury prone either?

o_O

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wait. So Iwobi gets injured and Ramsey(who has been used as right winger ahead of Joel). And our answer is to loan Campbell out?

Because Chamberlain, Walcott and Wilshere aren't injury prone either?

o_O
Iwobi should be back by the time we play again (bar the next game of course). Ox is doing well enough in his place.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Seriously, can we stop with this canard that Campbell is better than Theo and Ox? The dude has no pace, limited dribbling ability and basically no end product.
I don't rate Theo at all and the club should have cashed out on him long time ago, but he is still a better option that JC and that says it all.
Ox is still a work in progress and should be given a year to show what he can do but he is obviously still a more polished talent than Campbell.
At the end of the day, we are talking about a mediocre player that has no future at Arsenal.

Last edited:

Giroud

Established Member
Seriously, can we stop with this canard that Campbell is better than Theo and Ox? The dude has no pace, limited dribbling ability and basically no end product.
I don't rate Theo at all and the club should have cashed out on him long time ago, but her is still a better option that JC and that says it all.
Ox is still a work in progress and should be given a year to show what he can do but he is obviously still a more polished talent that Campbell.
At the end of the day, we are talking about a mediocre player that has no future at Arsenal.

Ox is not polished at all. He is still incredibly raw and has a lot to work on although I agree that he's the bigger talent. I think one of the reasons Campbell was popular with fans was because his game was in fact more polished. People got sick of Ox and Walcott taking poor touches and giving the ball away.

He's a decent player but if Wenger wants to keep Gnabry over him we should really have tried to get him off our books and not send him out on another loan.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Shouldn't he have been loaned to a bottom half EPL team. He could have helped them take points from our competition.

pikey2000

I don't rate Theo at all and the club should have cashed out on him long time ago, but her is still a better option that JC and that says it all.
Ox is still a work in progress and should be given a year to show what he can do but he is obviously still a more polished talent that Campbell.

Can't understand this post, nothing personal but we must watch different players.

You talk about a lack of end product, based on last season the Ox has the biggest issue with lack of end product in our entire squad, constantly running down dead ends, over hitting crosses and passes and failing to hit the target with his shooting, I like the Ox but he has some serious work to do before he can even be consdiered as having decent end product, as for Theo, he posts some nice numbers in terms of goals but that is literally all he offers, extremely limited.

From what I saw of Campbell last season he can dribble (better than Theo without doubt), he can pick a pass (layed on a couple of assists last season that Theo could only dream of), has good ball control and can pitch in with a goal, he is a more complete all round player than both the Ox and Theo at present despite his limited pace. Ox could improve and become a better player but on current form is nowhere near it, Ox reminds me a lot of Gervinho in the way that he runs a lot but it usually ends up in a dead end or a crap final ball.

Campbell from the wide area offers work rate, goals and assists, as a squaddie what more can you ask?

On topic:- if we are getting rid then as others have said get him sold, a loan is pointless, if he isnt making the team ahead of Theo, Ox and Iwobi he will never make the team and is "surplus" much like Chambers tbh

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Surprised nobody from PL and Spain wanted him that explains a lot.

Anyway good luck to him hope he have good season so we can sell him for good fee next summer.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Can't understand this post, nothing personal but we must watch different players.

You talk about a lack of end product, based on last season the Ox has the biggest issue with lack of end product in our entire squad, constantly running down dead ends, over hitting crosses and passes and failing to hit the target with his shooting, I like the Ox but he has some serious work to do before he can even be consdiered as having decent end product, as for Theo, he posts some nice numbers in terms of goals but that is literally all he offers, extremely limited.

From what I saw of Campbell last season he can dribble (better than Theo without doubt), he can pick a pass (layed on a couple of assists last season that Theo could only dream of), has good ball control and can pitch in with a goal, he is a more complete all round player than both the Ox and Theo at present despite his limited pace. Ox could improve and become a better player but on current form is nowhere near it, Ox reminds me a lot of Gervinho in the way that he runs a lot but it usually ends up in a dead end or a crap final ball.

Campbell from the wide area offers work rate, goals and assists, as a squaddie what more can you ask?

On topic:- if we are getting rid then as others have said get him sold, a loan is pointless, if he isnt making the team ahead of Theo, Ox and Iwobi he will never make the team and is "surplus" much like Chambers tbh

Indeed, we may have ben watching different players. I even spent some time to watch him with Costa Rica vs mediocre opponents in the Copa Centenario. He was dire to a point that the CR coach sat him at half time in one match.
As someone mentioned above, it explains a lot that no offer for him seems to have come from Italy, Spain or France. That says it all.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

People arguing whose better Campbell Ox or Walcott. It's like debating whose worse George W Bush, Saddam Hussain or Osama Bin Laden. It's a whose who of **** list. Up next who is better West Brom, Stoke or Sunderland.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
People arguing whose better Campbell Ox or Walcott. It's like debating whose worse George W Bush, Saddam Hussain or Osama Bin Laden. It's a whose who of **** list. Up next who is better West Brom, Stoke or Sunderland.
Stoke. They have a nice team missing a cb and striker.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
hussain organized one of the most troubled regions of the planet for almost 30 years.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I remember a match when Campbell was having a really good game, Wenger subbed him and the crowd booed and we never saw him again. I didn't think he was that bad, I've seen some dire performances this season that make Campbell look like Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom