• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudi

We couldn't have sold him after the world cup fans would have lost their mind.

Should have sold him at some stage. His loan spells should have been the give away.
No we could have sold him at £10m!
Wenger wasn't giving him enough chances and everyone at Arsenal knew that his performance of WC was just an over-achievement.

Another mismanagement ...

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

No we could have sold him at £10m!
Wenger wasn't giving him enough chances and everyone at Arsenal knew that his performance of WC was just an over-achievement.

Another mismanagement ...
I think Wenger and the club knew but the fans saw a shiney new toy at the world cup that they wanted to get their hands on. There would have been a melt down if he left then.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
On the few occasions Lucas got a chance, he managed to end the season 5th top scorer and 4th highest for assists, Campbell despite playing far more never got anywhere near those stats.
Campbell never had the luxury of being put up against Sutton fecking United to obtain them....

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Campbell never had the luxury of being put up against Sutton fecking United to obtain them....

His hat-rick was in the CL, against sh*t opposition (as everyone calls them) not sure about his assists. Anyway, Campbell played loads of FA Cup and LC games and still did fvck all!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
His hat-rick was in the CL, against sh*t opposition (as everyone calls them) not sure about his assists.
Perez scored his first goals for us against Nottingham forrest... Wow, clap clap for the handicap. Well done Lucas.
Then a hattrick against Basel. Who have been rightly called '**** opposition' on this forum.
He then scored against Bournemouth. Yay. What a world beater.

Campbell got 3 league goals
Now I won't argue that the sides he scored against were amazing sides but they were a **** ton better than Basel and Nottingham.... Neither of these players is truly good enough for us. Perez is not miles ahead of Campbell. In fact I don;t think he is ahead given his age etc. Campbell will have a much more sparkly career.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Perez scored his first goals for us against Nottingham forrest... Wow, clap clap for the handicap. Well done Lucas.
Then a hattrick against Basel. Who have been rightly called '**** opposition' on this forum.
He then scored against Bournemouth. Yay. What a world beater.

Campbell got 3 league goals
Now I won't argue that the sides he scored against were amazing sides but they were a **** ton better than Basel and Nottingham.... Neither of these players is truly good enough for us. Perez is not miles ahead of Campbell. In fact I don;t think he is ahead given his age etc. Campbell will have a much more sparkly career.

Campbell has only managed 7 starts this season at Sporting, the other 12 have been as sub. He's clearly having yet another excellent loan spell which will result in him not being wanted. As you say, neither are good enough for us but I know which player I would being on if we needed a goal.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Wouldn't be surprised to see an astute manager come in and take Campbell on the cheap. The likes of Watford, for example, would be a realistic destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom