• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This is interesting news but would he need to be on a retained list if still in contract? I thought that was for those coming to end of deals that you intend to keep.

There’s a released list and retained list. Everyone you’re keeping or players under a contract offer go on the retained list.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
There’s a released list and retained list. Everyone you’re keeping or players under a contract offer go on the retained list.

Ah, I see. So the whole squad would be on the retained? I always thought it was done the way I mentioned so that you'd get some sort of training fee if the player out of contract decided to reject a new deal.

Aevi

Hale End FC
This is good news, it means we can still get a nice little fee for him.

Reactions: HBL

Bergkamp1988

Always thought he was quite a decent player. Often better than Ox or Theo. He had a good season with us a few years back (2014-2015 I believe) . Delivered some good passes and put in a few goals. He has decent speed and technique and good vision (some of the assists he made on the video where Vintage Arsenal worthy) . Linked up well with our other attackers. Plus he is a left footed right winger which is always a nice option to have.
Never understood why Wenger loaned him again after that 2014-2015 season. Real disappointment.
We simply don't have this kind of player in our squad. He is already here on a low salary. He is good, has experience. I don't understand why we would deprive ourselves of this player.
I hate to use the word, but yes, Joel Campbell is Under-rated.

Last edited:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Now it's a realistic possibility he's staying I hope to see him back involved next season as a squad member. No longer has the ox and Theo ahead of him in the pecking order.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Always thought he was quite a decent player. Often better than Ox or Theo. He had a good season with us a few years back (2014-2015 I believe) . Delivered some good passes and put in a few goals. He has decent speed and technique and good vision (some of the assists he made on the video where Vintage Arsenal worthy) . Linked up well with our other attackers. Plus he is a left footed right winger which is always a nice option to have.
Never understood why Wenger loaned him again after that 2014-2015 season. Real disappointment.
We simply don't have this kind of player in our squad. He is already here on a low fee. He is good, has experience. I don't understand why we would deprive ourselves of this player.
I hate to use the word, but yes, Joel Campbell is Under-rated.

Was involved and played good during the 15/16 season as well from what I can remember.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He's been "with us" for 7 years. No wonder I feel like he's 30 instead of 25. Smh.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
So we have JC and Perez on the left wing then? I liked him but all this time away makes me wonder if he's right for us. Our first 11-17 need to be better and I'm not sure he's good enough.

mr.mojo

As a fanbase we've lost the ability to view talent. Too many years of hoping for youth products to come through, looking at poor players signed for a pittance expecting them to be the next Kolo, or Anelka.

It's got to the stage where people look at Joel and think he has something to offer. Campbell was always just above average, it's why he struggled to make a serious impact at any club he's been on loan at.

Why would we want to give a squad place to Campbell when we want to challenge for a top four spot? During the "season he wasn't given a chance" he ran out of gas by the 60 minute mark of most games he started, made little impact off the bench, and ended the season with 4 goals in all competitions.

Perez did far better with less opportunities and is still a far cry from the quality needed for a place in the squad with any of our rivals, why should Joel be seen as any different? Should have sold two years ago when we could have made a profit.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

As a fanbase we've lost the ability to view talent. Too many years of hoping for youth products to come through, looking at poor players signed for a pittance expecting them to be the next Kolo, or Anelka.

It's got to the stage where people look at Joel and think he has something to offer. Campbell was always just above average, it's why he struggled to make a serious impact at any club he's been on loan at.

Why would we want to give a squad place to Campbell when we want to challenge for a top four spot? During the "season he wasn't given a chance" he ran out of gas by the 60 minute mark of most games he started, made little impact off the bench, and ended the season with 4 goals in all competitions.

Perez did far better with less opportunities and is still a far cry from the quality needed for a place in the squad with any of our rivals, why should Joel be seen as any different? Should have sold two years ago when we could have made a profit.

Agree , great shot on him , but the rest was average including that first touch . Walcott is a lot better than he is .

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Don’t like to criticise players, but bar the odd game, he was never good enough to make you sit up and think he could make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom