• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
My only concern is the role he plays. Is he naturally a striker, centre forward or winger or would he be like Nasri, Theo, RVP and Arshavin asked to play in an unnatural role if he came here?

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
The father of Costa Rica striker Joel Campbell has told Costa Rican sports website Al Dia that the player’s club have agreed a deal with Arsenal worth $1.5m (£930,000).

Source

Deal done :?

cuban

Established Member
that Chairman also said that they were offered more money by other clubs but they opted to go for Arsenal as its the best for the lad...very interesting...

Accomplished

Established Member
Arai said:
Nah...Just wondering. How come it's so fast... :D

Probably because there hasn't been a whole wealth of media speculation about the transfer which often artificially extends our dealings to those on the outside looking in.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Good we wrapped this up so quickly, he looks like a proper talent.

If true that means we're not after Chamberlain anymore IMO.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Seems pacey, direct and skillful. As a squad option really can't complain as he seems well worth the risk at just over 1 million. How the hell can he be so cheap is my question though! you'd think his club would demand more.

Linson

Wow it all seems so fast, I'm not sure I'm ready for this kind of commitment.....

As exciting a prospect as he seems at the same time we're not hearing anything about any defensive signings, we've already made one attacking signing and now a second when we all the priorities in this squad...

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Excellent news if true, Ive been envious of having a Sturridge within our ranks and now we have a fantastic find.

Dont know much about him at all, but his decisiveness in the goals shown is very impressive. Looking forward to him joining us.

ebouenolike

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Seems pacey, direct and skillful. As a squad option really can't complain as he seems well worth the risk at just over 1 million. How the hell can he be so cheap is my question though! you'd think his club would demand more.

He's in the last year of the contract, and also they were offered more but he wanted to come here seems the company line.

Very excited.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Interesting...

Campbell could have played for the Republic of Ireland as his grandfather was an ex-Irish missionary priest Fr. Noel Campbell from Roscommon, Ireland.

spartandre217

Established Member
Arsenal wrapping up a deal inside 72 hours??

I call BS.

Then again, there isn't much money involved here huh. Wonder if we could kindly apply the same fervor to more.... pressing negotiations.

Raider

Established Member
So we sign 19-year old Costa Rican striker/winger Joel Campbell. Fantastic...just the experience, leader in the centre of defence we need!

spartandre217

Established Member
Raider said:
So we sign 19-year old Costa Rican striker/winger Joel Campbell. Fantastic...just the experience, leader in the centre of defence we need!

Quit trolling will you.

We all want a CB, we're all frustrated we don't have one, but quit the passive aggressive stuff will you. If we get one, we get one, doesn't mean we can't address other positions simultaneously

Raider

Established Member
Has elements of a young eto'o tbh. The famous last ditch, outstretched toe pocks in some youtbe clips remind me of Eto'o at Mallorca.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Raider said:

Whilst I agree we desperately need a CB leader, I did think a little depth in the front 3 is needed.

ricky1985

Established Member
Not sure what to make of this. Looks talented, but not overly keen right now. We'll see, if it's even true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom