• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joelson Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I doubt Arteta has no input in this, he probably wants the player as well considering the fees involved in this deal.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Why the fk would we pay 40 million for this kid when utd paid that for Fernandes. Absolute joke if we do, can someone explain t me why he looks anyway good other than some clips from what look like u18 challenge matches on youtube. Why the fk would we pay 40 million for someone who has shown nothing when we wont even give player slike Balogun a chance.

Like the kid might be good... but I'd doubt theres been too many chances to see it. Hopefully this is just some made up rubbish and we spend money on players who have actually been seen to be good.

Shalmaneser V

Why the fk would we pay 40 million for this kid when utd paid that for Fernandes. Absolute joke if we do, can someone explain t me why he looks anyway good other than some clips from what look like u18 challenge matches on youtube. Why the fk would we pay 40 million for someone who has shown nothing when we wont even give player slike Balogun a chance.

Like the kid might be good... but I'd doubt theres been too many chances to see it. Hopefully this is just some made up rubbish and we spend money on players who have actually been seen to be good.

He’s an elite talent with world class potential. But I agree 40M for a 17 year old with barely 30 minutes of first team football under his belt is ridiculous.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
He’s an elite talent with world class potential. But I agree 40M for a 17 year old with barely a couple of minutes of first team football under his belt is ridiculous.

I'm sorry you're going to need to explain why he is an elite talent with world class potential, like why do you think he is. Do you watch a lot of under age Portugal matches? Because even then he hasn't played many.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
For comparison's sake lets take Saka because he is extremely good and might, just might become world class has, in the premiership, in 18 games has scored 2 goals and made 5 assists

The "elite talent" Joelson Fernandes who has "world class potential"
has scored a whopping 5 goals and made 2 assists... in the... wait for it... u23 portugese league in 28 games.

Now there is a few months in between them but I'd regard the premiership as maybe, just maybe slightly better than the u23 Portugese league, although that 5 goals and 2 assists are absolutely amazing. Like I mean does he play at centre back or where?

Shalmaneser V

I'm sorry you're going to need to explain why he is an elite talent with world class potential, like why do you think he is. Do you watch a lot of under age Portugal matches? Because even then he hasn't played many.

I keep up to date with a lot of the up and coming youth talents throughout world football before they breakthrough. I’ve seen what he can do at youth level and also read up lot on him. He is very highly thought of, much is expected of him. He’s in that elite bracket with the likes of Mason Greenwood, Rayan Cherki, Sebastiano Esposito, Ryan Gravenberch etc.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I keep up to date with a lot of the up and coming youth talents throughout world football before they breakthrough. I’ve seen what he can do at youth level and also read up lot on him. He is very highly thought of, much is expected of him. He’s in that elite bracket with the likes of Mason Greenwood, Rayan Cherki, Sebastiano Esposito, Ryan Gravenberch etc.

So you've watched how many full 90 minutes of him? Not what "read up lot on him".

Shalmaneser V

So you've watched how many full 90 minutes of him? Not what "read up lot on him".

You sound like you’re triggered for some reason. Relax, brother.

Some youth players build up a big reputation and are touted for big things before they’ve even kicked a ball for the first team. Domestically Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney are too such examples.

Joelson is in that category. Doesn’t automatically mean he’s going to become world class of course. It means he has the talent to get there.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Don't know why people are complaining about this. Let's be real, we're not going to spend €40 million on a 17 year old. Only Madrid or Barcelona do stuff like that. Most likely this is agent talk (he's a Kia player) but what I do know is that Sporting have some big financial issues in recent years. They lost four players simply because they couldn't afford their wages and when you add in Covid-19 there's little doubt things are going to get worse for the Portuguese giants.

My thoughts, if we're really interested, we will go for him but at a better price than the €40 million.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
You sound like you’re triggered for some reason. Relax, brother.

Some youth players build up a big reputation and are touted for big things before they’ve even kicked a ball for the first team. Domestically Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney are too such examples.

Joelson is in that category. Doesn’t automatically mean he’s going to become world class of course. It means he has the talent to get there.

So what you're saying is you haven't actually watched him much if at all? I'm not triggered "brother" I'm laughing at what you;re saying about him playing at an "elite level" and "world class potential". I was just giving you enough rope :rofl:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Don't want us to spend significantly on 17 y.o. players in general, but particularly on one who plays the same position as our two best and potentially world-class 18y.o. talents. Difficult enough to make sure those two will develop properly without a third talent vying for the same spot.
Trying to get gems at €5-10m like Guendouzi or Martinelli makes a lot more sense.

If you spend €40m on a 17 y.o. you buy Camavinga.

Risk is way too high to buy such an unproven player. Every year there are 10 'next Ronaldo/Messi' prospects, nine out of ten don't make it.

Shalmaneser V

So what you're saying is you haven't actually watched him much if at all? I'm not triggered "brother" I'm laughing at what you;re saying about him playing at an "elite level" and "world class potential". I was just giving you enough rope :rofl:

“Enough rope” LOL

As I said I’ve watched enough of him and also read up a lot about him. He’s a big talent with potential to be world class. A cut above most young players of his age. Not sure what your issue is here tbh.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Don't want us to spend significantly on 17 y.o. players in general, but particularly on one who plays the same position as our two best and potentially world-class 18y.o. talents. Difficult enough to make sure those two will develop properly without a third talent vying for the same spot.
Trying to get gems at €5-10m like Guendouzi or Martinelli makes a lot more sense.

If you spend €40m on a 17 y.o. you buy Camavinga.

Risk is way too high to buy such an unproven player. Every year there are 10 'next Ronaldo/Messi' prospects, nine out of ten don't make it.

Camavinga won't come to Arsenal, he and people like Cherki are reached out to by Madrid and Barça from an early age and know they can have their move when they're ready. City, Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Bayer, PSG, can maybe aspire to them if Madrid dawdles but these are the creme of the crop and future of the game and we're not getting them, much less for €40m.

Martinelli ideally will be our long-term CF, and Saka is a versatile player who can play in a number of positions.

Anyways, 40m euros I'm sure is spread out over time and bonuses, the impact on our summer spending won't be that of €40m. These kinds of buys are much better bets in the current market than people realise. If the talent is legit the margin of profit is big. Look at Dortmund and Madrid who have adjusted to the market--and now Barça with people like Trincao and Pedri, though late--and have adopted this strategy. Madrid was widely slated for their outlay for Vinicius but they certainly aren't regretting it, they have a 100m asset and an important piece should they go in for Mbappé, same with Rodrygo.

As @Shalmeneser V says he seems to be rated in that really elite quality and if Cagigao and the scouts have earmarked him I will be sad if we don't go through with it.

Shalmaneser V

I'm sure you're very good at fifa

giphy.gif

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Only if the fee is similar to Martinelli. We need to spend every bit of cash on players that will make a difference here and now.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If the reports were saying we're prepared to bit 10m or 15m or something I'd believe them much more. But the fact all the reports are saying we're going to pay a 45m release clause, which we're obviously never going to do, indicates that it's all total BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom