• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jon Dahl Tomasson

Army of Me

Established Member
when will people realise that spending 25mil on a plaer doen't guarantee success. you all know how arsenal play, and you all know that any old player can't just slot in and magically become a miracle worker for us, it has to be the right type of player who can play the system, you know that, and to get those players we obviously don't have to spend millions and millions.

we havent done bad on a budget these past few seasons have we?

mood

I rate Tommasson. He's not the best, but if he comes for cheap.. he'd be good. Has done well with AC Milan. Just didn't get as many chances this season as Crespo was on hot form and their strikers barely got injured.

He was great in the season where Milan won the league tho. 03/04. Had a good Euro 2004 as well.

A

Anonymous

You know, I really wouldn't complain if he came.
He's not awsome, but he's far from crap, and would make the squad a whole lot more... Well.. Stable. Bags of expierience too.

asajoseph

Established Member
Good grief... No. Just no.

Same story as Guti - perhaps not the worst player in the world, but we have 5 strikers at least in our squad who'd do a better job.

So what's the point? Something special you say? Move along there!

Are some people getting so desparate that ANY signing of a player they've heard of will be good enough?

kenada

Im somewhat suprised how quickly ppl fall for the media hype, like really transfers are rumored all the time, never anything concrete, just chill, relax and wait for some offical signing news, just cause we are 'linked' doesnt mean we are def signing or that we are even interested in that player.

*shrugs* I dont know spesh club like us, u'd think we'd be used to this stuff by now lol happens every summer

DB10

NO NO NO NO NO........ he is worse than inzaghi.

For the amount of money he would cost, we could get hleb.

He is no better than crouch.

Ratinho

Established Member
Stefano said:
VavaGoon said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Are they gonna stop linking us with every possible club reject there is???

:evil:
Exactly.
We should be going for Sheva instead. :roll:

So cost/money and reality really don't exist in your world then?

:roll:

luma

i feel maybe wenger has lost faith in v.persie after tis rape scandal but v.persie is a quality player good enought for holland the good enought for arsenal

asajoseph

Established Member
i feel maybe wenger has lost faith in v.persie after tis rape scanda

How did you come to feel that? Through the force? Honestly, that's something you have no idea about whatsoever - unsupported speculation.

GraPu

Garbage. End of that. Vp11 is better. If a striker would come, it would be Baptista, not this sub player that happy to sit in the bench for milan...

A

Anonymous

Tomasson ? NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baptista ? YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's It ..

wer

Tommasson is good(or maybe not) and he might have a role(on the bench) to play if he comes.
But i think he knows hes not good enough for The Arsenal.

PS: ignore bracket if you are a fan of his :angel

A

Anonymous

Ratinho said:
Stefano said:
VavaGoon said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Are they gonna stop linking us with every possible club reject there is???

:evil:
Exactly.
We should be going for Sheva instead. :roll:

So cost/money and reality really don't exist in your world then?

:roll:
Why use the sarcasm smiley if you're obviously un-familliar with what it stands for?

Ziontrain

Tomasson is a far cry from the player who failed at Newcastle. If you look at what he does for Denmark its clear that he could easily step in as a quality replacement for Bergkamp, with little dropoff.

He scores goals, he links play suberbly in a passing game and he has excellent vision to unlock defenses. Henry would thrive playing with him - and that is key. You must also understand that Bergkamp cannot cheat time forever - and guys who can do what he does are rare.

Tomasson is not a hyped player, but he is well capable of being a star in Arsneal's system. He has not only the skills but also the maturity.

But I'd think that Arsenal needs first amd formeost a one pure number 9, not another withdrawn forward. We already 'withdraw" way to much in the box!

Tomasson is a worthy player IMO, but he is not our primary need.

Top Bottom