• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jonny Evans

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I'd like to think our new head of recruitment has a broader knowledge than raiding his former club.

But when it comes to weigl it's a real no brainer. Amazing player + very very high ceilling.

Just because dortmund plays garbage currently does not take away the quality of some players. Their downfall is more due to firing Tuchel, constantly selling their best player and now loss of confidence on top of that following bad results

GDeep™

League is very weak
Going to be hard doing business with Dortmund anytime soon. Add 10-15M on any fee when we turn up with Sven to negotiate.

Not that it matters as Dortmund have no great players anymore.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Weigl has a horrible season so far and you don't need him, when you already have Xhaka.

I'd put that down to the injury he had. He's still a good player and has a very high ceiling indeed. I agree stylistically he's similar to Xhaka, though I think Weigl fits more neatly into the DM mould.

Personally I think we could use someone with a bit more mobility, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at Weigl at all. The first victory would be for us to just acknowledge that we need someone in that area. The second would be to get players of the calibre of Fabinho/Weigl/Jorginho to listen to us. The third would be to actually get one of them.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
In addition to being faster, Weigl has some actual dribbling ability and doesn't fall apart against pressing teams

I think the last point is the key one: being resistant to the press is crucial in the DM position. Busquets isn't very fast, but he's very press-resistant.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Because in germany there aren't many teams with pressing. The league is so slow and bad at the moment in comparison to the Premier League. Weigl would have many problems here with the speed of the game.

It's not a surpise, that he haven't worked out good with Bosz and Stöger so far. Tuchel made every player better there.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Exactly, Bundesliga is pretty much a poor mans Premier League. Fast, high pressing football with less star power.

Top Bottom