• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jonny Evans

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I'd actually take him for the 3m, add another "top class" CB on a higher fee, bin Koscielny and Chambers for a combined roughly 30m. Kos doesn't cut it anymore and Chambers is one we could actually still make some money with - some idiot club will hand us at least 15 to 20 cause he's english.

Evans is an experienced, solid, league proven CB. Getting that for 3m is a steal, even considering his age.

Top CB, Mustafi, Evans, Holding would be a backline I would trust a lot more than the current group.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Sky Sports chiming in (via the Daily Star, which is kind of like some random guy on Twitter).

ARSENAL TARGET EVANS

Arsenal are lining up a cash bid for West Brom defender Jonny Evans, according to the Daily Star. It won't be much, though, with the Northern Irishman reportedly available for just £3m following the Baggies' relegation.

Manchester City were strongly linked to Evans in the January transfer window, but West Brom turned down a move when they couldn't source a replacement.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Something to consider - agent would probably up that fee by quite a bit for a top six team so wouldn't come as cheap as first thought.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Something to consider - agent would probably up that fee by quite a bit for a top six team so wouldn't come as cheap as first thought.
i'm not surprised by this Agent will ask too much money because the fee is not high.

neimad

What has the game become, the agent wanting more than the cost of the player! The whole situation needs a complete overhaul, these tossers are printing money.

It's mad isn't it? I wonder how do they justify it? "Look... I'll need twice what I would usually get because the phone is hopping from clubs interested as he's so cheap."

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's mad isn't it? I wonder how do they justify it? "Look... I'll need twice what I would usually get because the phone is hopping from clubs interested as he's so cheap."

I think an agent should only be paid by the player on a % basis of his salary, on a monthly basis. I'm sure they do pay their agents regularly anyway but why should the clubs pay him as well? It just means the agent favours the clubs prepared to pay him the most. Its all wrong, its become a legitimate back-hander, something we used to call a bribe.

Malky

Established Member
I think an agent should only be paid by the player on a % basis of his salary, on a monthly basis. I'm sure they do pay their agents regularly anyway but why should the clubs pay him as well? It just means the agent favours the clubs prepared to pay him the most. Its all wrong, its become a legitimate back-hander, something we used to call a bribe.
Spot on, its ridiculous. The agents job is to secure and advise their client on the best option for them - the player. The client is their main and only concern, like you said, they'll just start advising them to move to certain clubs for their own financial gain.
Worst case is Pogba, didn't his agent make £10M+ out of that deal? Crazy how it wasn't that long ago we were struggling to justify spending that on a single player, now clubs are paying ****ing agents that amount.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can’t really argue with the agent fee in this case if he pushed for a release clause that gets his client into a far superior club.

10m is still good business in this market.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah the agent isn’t stupid. His argument will be, even when you pay me £4m, it’s still a good deal. You can be angry at the principle but I’ve got other clubs who aren’t as angry. Pay up or pay more for someone else.

The agent should get a % fee of player salary (which is reasonably market controlled based on players quality). They do f*ck all for the club, they only protect the player so player should pay for it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom