• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would hope we only look at keepers over 1.90m. But guess we signed Ospina so are open to the smaller keeper.

As much as I hate the timewasting **** would take Forster over any other English keeper.

Malky

Established Member
He's not top of my wishlist for Cech's eventual replacement but I would still happily have Pickford here, looks every bit a top young keeper.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

More interested about Wenger not being happy with Cech. It's not like the Wenger I know to look to improve on a player who is still quite decent.

He usually waits till their contract expires or sells them for a pitiful fee because everyone knows they're past it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Many Links about GK's these days but i would take Pickford ahead of that Belgian guy i'm impressed every time i watch Pickford he seem really decent young keeper.

Last edited:

Impact

Established Member
Has looked good when I have seen him play. Would only want us to sign him if we are confident he has the ability to rival/overtake Cech in the short-term. Not interested in a project.

BBF

Pickford looks like a top quality shot stopper at the very least. Do it.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Forster's a clown. Makes 1 good save against us and he gets a rep. Has a voice that makes Harry Kane sound like Martin Luther King too.

Pickford seems a talent but has bits too work on. This would make sense.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
We dont have a functioning midfield, and havent for some time, but were shopping for another GK?

Cech, Ospina, Szczesny, Martinez on the books in some way and we're looking at Pickford? You can only play one, you dont rotate goalkeepers from match to match like you would/could any other position, so I dont see the point of this.

Sort out midfield and the wings before we worrying about any other position, especially GK.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'd pefer Forster or Butland but I like Pickford, who has played very well this season. However would I lose Cech or Ospina at he expense of brining him in? No.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's probably not happy with Cech's distribution first and foremost, we were just giving the ball back to Everton/City from goal-kicks/free-kicks. In general Cech is still quite solid and makes a lot of vital saves so I'm not 100% convinced about Wenger being that unhappy with Cech.

As for Pickford, he seems fairly talented in the shot-stopping department at the very least.

Bar-jonah

If we're looking for a younger keeper let's be a bit more adventurous and make Milan an offer they can't refuse for Donnarumma. If that kid is as good as he's being touted(the next Buffon or Neuer), which on current evidence isn't far off then why not take the gamble? I say on talent alone it's worth the risk. The lad looks the real deal.

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
We dont have a functioning midfield, and havent for some time, but were shopping for another GK?

Cech, Ospina, Szczesny, Martinez on the books in some way and we're looking at Pickford? You can only play one, you dont rotate goalkeepers from match to match like you would/could any other position, so I dont see the point of this.

Sort out midfield and the wings before we worrying about any other position, especially GK.

Chez is gone. Roma is looking to buy him. Good riddance anyway.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just don't trust English goalkeepers, has there been a good one since Seaman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom