Jordan Pickford

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by THunter, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penn_

Penn_ Well-Known Member

Age seems to be less of an issue with keepers now days, or maybe I just not remembering past keepers that well. But De Gea, Courtois and Leno are all young but are up there with the best.

Not that I think there's anything in this. Certain Cech will be no.1 until either of them retires.

2. Aevius

Aevius (╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵ ┻┻ Moderator

Pickford mentioned as a goalkeeping option being explored.

3. Aevius

ARSNLNO1 likes this.
  4. Kroket

Kroket Well-Known Member Trusted

Hope we bring him in, been absolute class for Sunderland this year.

5. Aevius

Those who dislike Ospina for his lack of height should know that Pickford is only 6 foot 1, it that might be cause for some concern.

SuperGoon likes this.
  6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Crohn Joss

Spoke to someone who told me Pickford is our top GK target.

There is a lesser known Belgian keeper who is option two.

7. Aevius

I know you're pulling my leg but... you talking about Casteels?

8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Crohn Joss

No leg pulling here. Wasn't given the name of the unknown Belgian keeper.

9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Pickford look more confident and calm in goal than Ospina. if we could bring Pickford for low fee it worth a risk he has the potential to be top keeper.

Malky likes this.
  10. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

Says he has 86 potential on FIFA, buy.

Seriously though, from what I've seen of him he has exceptional distribution, for an English keeper.

4R5Emaniac and Rex Banner like this.
  11. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Plus he has some leadership about him, constantly shouting orders and (trying to) sort out the defence.
    Sunderland look all but relegated, so Pickford on a cut price fee could be a bargain Wenger can't refuse.

BobP likes this.
  12. yousif_arsenal

you right even if he is english but if sunderland get relegated we can get him for 10M pounds or under.

BobP likes this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Crohn Joss

If Sunderland go down we should raid them for this guy.

krackpot likes this.
  14. Aevius

I'd prefer Butland, it's just a shame about his injury. He has become a risk now.

Impact likes this.
  15. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Pickford is meant to be pretty good with the ball at his feet which may be why we're looking at him. I don't watch much Sunderland so don't actually know if he is as good as people say he is. Is he quick off the line?

16. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

Both Cech and Ospina hoof the ball almost every time they get it. First I thought it was instructions from Wenger that keepers should always be 100% save. But then I saw Martinez a lot more calm in that area.

It is very weird for a manager who like possession football to allow GK to give it away as easily as Cech has done a lot this season.

It is something we need to fix, either with new keeper or those who are here.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  17. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Yeah, neither Cech or Ospina are great kickers, and neither particularly that quick off the line. Szczesny rightfully was criticized for his poor form but he at least had the bollocks to make decisions, whether to come off his line or play a shorter, riskier pass.

Martinez appears to have all areas somewhat covered, which is why he is still at Arsenal. There's a proper keeper in there somewhere, just needs to be unlocked by said keeper.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  18. mm76

mm76 Yer Da

Haven't seem much of Pickford but it seems wierd to sigh a goalie from the bottom of the league side, though i know it's scoring - and David Moyes - that's been their main problem.

Happy we should look at him as an option but also want Wenger to give Martinez a decent go at the starting lineup.

if we have both we can offload both Cack and Ospina as far as i'm concerned

ARSNLNO1 likes this.
  19. Aevius

20. yousif_arsenal

Ah damn. wIll be good signing for Everton they desperate need GK.

ARSNLNO1 likes this.
  21. mm76

mm76 Yer Da

missing out as usual because of the Wenger uncertainty plus he doesn't think we need new goalie no doubt... :rolleyes:

ARSNLNO1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.