• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Wow, his kicking is ****ing beautiful. Most what I like is his command of his area, personality, confidence, strength and focus- ELITE. We have to be really stupid to let a player of his talent slip.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Martinez is not good enough to get a move at lower level football so I don't see why we should be happy with him here let alone be 2nd choice. Also we could buy Pickford and try to keep Ospina or sell him but get a veteran keeper with a good amount of top level experience for 3rd choice. Should be cheap as hell. Chelsea got Ricardo for nothing and he is a highly experienced pro sitting on the bench on the end of his career.

I don't see a problem with playing him 2nd choice and in cup games at all. Its not just signing a keeper for one season and we have to be forward thinking as well as opportunistic in the market.

Remembered reading that Emi's last spell (Wolves?) went well and they wanted him back.

I'm all right with him being 3rd choice, tbf. Did well enough, at least. He'll likely try to move on soon if Pickford comes... Macey will likely be promoted then.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Remembered reading that Emi's last spell (Wolves?) went well and they wanted him back.

I'm all right with him being 3rd choice, tbf. Did well enough, at least. He'll likely try to move on soon if Pickford comes... Macey will likely be promoted then.
Emi is not highly rated at all or even rated and despite being 24 hasn't played regularly even at Championship level yet. I honestly don't know what exactly he is here for. I'd rather a 30+ pro with playing experience across Europe sit here as 3rd choice and at least add something as a trainer or as an experienced pro to the players.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
James Olley is one of better journalists but hasn't Wenger already ruled out signing a keeper?

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Really would imagine that we would be smarter than to sign this guy - I would have looked good in nets for Sunderland this year, ffs.

Then again, Arsène has signed only 1 good keeper since he joined the club - so who knows?

Getting rid of Szczesny for him would be an atrocious decision.

tcahill

James Olley is one of better journalists but hasn't Wenger already ruled out signing a keeper?

Pretty sure that was before the Sczez to Juventus debacle
But we've already got Cech as #1 and Wenger isn't a believer in spot competition (and I can't see Pickford wanting to play second fiddle even if Ospina leaves)

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I believe Szczesny has higher ceiling and can be more of a factor for our team that Pickford.

The Szczesny antics seem to be ironed out during his two year spell at Roma, so why not bring him back and fight it out with Cech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom