• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wow, his kicking is ****ing beautiful. Most what I like is his command of his area, personality, confidence, strength and focus- ELITE. We have to be really stupid to let a player of his talent slip.
He did none of this during the game we played against them.... Was literally just an amazing shot stopper. I firmly remember the commentator asking "Why is this Pickford not lambasting his defence. He's allowing them to get away with murder". Was the first thing I noticed. No character. Kicking was garbage too against us.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
He did none of this during the game we played against them.... Was literally just an amazing shot stopper. I firmly remember the commentator asking "Why is this Pickford not lambasting his defence. He's allowing them to get away with murder". Was the first thing I noticed. No character. Kicking was garbage too against us.

He's a kid playing in his first full season, John O'Shea is a European Cup winner with 116 International caps, he's also club captain.
It's a ridiculously harsh criticism, apart from anything else if he shouted at that defence every time they make a mistake he'd have most likely lost his voice by now.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He's a kid playing in his first full season, John O'Shea is a European Cup winner with 116 International caps, he's also club captain.
It's a ridiculously harsh criticism, apart from anything else if he shouted at that defence every time they make a mistake he'd have most likely lost his voice by now.
I just don't understand why we're signing a kid goalie now... For what? It is silly comparing Scz to this guy and saying one has a higher ceiling than the other because we never seem to reap the rewards. We just sell when they hit like 26... Absolutely pointless.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I just don't understand why we're signing a kid goalie now... For what? It is silly comparing Scz to this guy and saying one has a higher ceiling than the other because we never seem to reap the rewards. We just sell when they hit like 26... Absolutely pointless.

Well yeah, that's a different argument, he looks good but for the fee he will probably cost we could use for more pressing issues.
I'd probably just let Szczesny and Cech fight it out for a season, if he's willing to come back.

The only scenario I would spend very big on a young goalkeeper is if Donnarumma was available, kid is something else.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Distribution isn't just from the hands, granted when he kicks from his hands his distribution is sensational, but from the ground its very very poor.

I don't want him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
30Mfor Pickford. 30M is the new 10M. Crazy how transfer fees have gone through the roof. 30M is what we paid for Alexis.
Wasn't it 35? Anyway, makes no difference as your point still stands. But I do recall people thinking it was a steal even in that market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom