• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jordi Osei-Tutu (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I don't know him well, but if he was rated (moderately) highly, he should've gotten minutes ahead of Lichtsteiner and Jenkinson. It is frustrating our youth is not getting more opportunities.

Now, I haven't seen him play, but as long as Arsenal hasn't signed another RB, I'd keep this guy around as back-up. Might even play the first few games until Bellerin is match fit.

Otherwise, sell with a buy-back clause.

There is a fine balance that needs to be found between developing, selling and promoting youth prospects and I think currently, we're getting it dead wrong. Losing big talents on a free (Daley Campbell, possibly Amaechi) and not using them to fill gaping holes in our squad (Willock, Osei-Tutu, Amaechi/Nelson/Saka). Club needs to step it up before prospects opt out of Arsenal and the club needs to spend more money on bringing in average squaddies (Elneny, Lichtsteiner).

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Looked alright in preseason last summer. Bit strange he not get any minutes through the season. Unless he did but I just don't remember.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Any word about the fee maybe we are asking for too much money and that's great.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If we have a good buy-back clause in case he turns into something interesting, I'll be happy.
It's still weird though. We now put ourselves in the position of needing to sign a right back IMO. Lichtsteiner gone, Jenks possibly going, Daley-Campbell gone and Osei-Tutu possibly leaving. Means we just have Bellerin and AMN (the midfielder) and nothing behind them. Maybe there's legs to the Meunier stories but that would still leave us without an u23 RB. I hope we are signing Brandon Soppy.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hate to see us losing young talent when we waste time playing the likes of Lichsteiner, Jenkinson, Elneny, Mustafi etc etc. The club listed like 4 goals for Emery, 1 being CL football and the other was integrating youth. Failed.

It's still weird though. We now put ourselves in the position of needing to sign a right back IMO. Lichtsteiner gone, Jenks possibly going, Daley-Campbell gone and Osei-Tutu possibly leaving. Means we just have Bellerin and AMN (the midfielder) and nothing behind them. Maybe there's legs to the Meunier stories but that would still leave us without an u23 RB. I hope we are signing Brandon Soppy.

When you put it like this its just terrible management. Specially when you come in and you know you will be on strict transfer budget.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we’d given him some game time and pumped his value a bit you could get behind it.

As it is you’re getting pennies on the dollars for all your youth players because you can’t sort out loans or first time opportunities right at a time when the product on the field is dogsh*t.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Only if Arsenal buy adequate backup for Bellerin, who will need time at the start of the season (which Arsenal don't have given the tough fixtures in the first 5 games).

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bundesliga 2, lower level than the championship but going abroad and getting that experience might be worth it.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Bundesliga 2, lower level than the championship but going abroad and getting that experience might be worth it.
As long as he’s playing every week and developing. Bundesliga 2 might be good, can make mistakes without it getting highlighted too much.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Not at all he trying himself in different league different culture that smart he testing himself

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
In my eyes, I'd very much prefer the Bundesliga, however, I can assure you, the 2. Bundesliga is not that bad in quality.

With the different culture aspect on top, it's a decent option. Although I think he's actually quite good already and might be good enough to start games for us straight away, if Emery and the board does not manage to get a new man in.

In the end the quality of this deal will always relate to our own business in the market.

No longer accept us loaning talents, if our first team is fielded with pure crap at the same time.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
From TM: Apparently did loan trials at a few German clubs a few weeks ago, but a lot of clubs weren't exactly convinced by the combination of actual skill and amped up demeanor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom