• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho: Gorgeous Jorg

Bloodbather

Established Member

Really not sure Arteta not using him more the guy we all know dreadful defender but at least he can bring control to midfield that struggling at the moment. We need to use him i don't care if we sell him this summer
He's actually solid defensively if you've got a workhorse who can cover ground beside him. He's basically all positioning.

Should've gotten more use out of him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I felt there was a bit more energy when he played with Trossard, the game was dead by then so hard to make any conclusions. The way Xhaka and Partey are playing, wouldn't mind Jorginho for the rest of the season

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think he's another who's been a victim of Saliba's absence as weird as it sounds. Again when Saliba was playing the midfield and defence were closer together now the defence drops quicker and deeper than before leaving gaps to appear and our DM is isolated. If Jorginho is isolated on his own as a 6 he'll be ran over basically, I mean the much more physical and athletic Partey (who's not even shown those attribute recently) is having a hard time now so imagine how Jorginho would fair. I mean there are ways around this but Mik is so stubborn with his system. I can see his point of view but it means we now can't really afford to play someone like Jorginho in the 6 role especially against top teams.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm not a huge fan of Jorginho, but Arteta should have utilised him more. If Jesus, Zinchenko and Xhaka are our fire, then we need some ice to balance that. Jorginho comes in.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think he done extremely well i think he should keep his place against Newcastle but the worrying thing Newcastle aren't Chelsea thier midfield gonna give no space

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Imperious player. That decision to start Rizla instead of him against Southampton will be with me for the rest of my life.
Same. After two games we lost control we needed a calm experienced head and he wasn’t used. Perfect game for him and in general he should have been used more

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When you see him play like this, you can't help but have some regrets.

Arteta knows Partey never really plays well next to two attacking 8s like Ødegaard and Fabio too 😭

blaze_of_glory

Arteta knows Partey never really plays well next to two attacking 8s like Ødegaard and Fabio too 😭
That's a really good point. Partey and Xhaka have done well covering each other's weaker areas but when Vieira is there instead, maybe not the best situation for Partey

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Imperious player. That decision to start Rizla instead of him against Southampton will be with me for the rest of my life.
Arteta never see him as left central midfielder but his experience will cover that he should've started that game

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Btw I dispute the general idea that Partey is a better player than Jorginho... maybe in a single pivot, he is marginally better in some cases (overall probably the same or Jorginho yet with the advantage), but in a double pivot Jorginho ceiling is way higher. In fact both can play together if Arteta is aware and can change the formation a bit, specially in big away matches like against Newcastle away.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Chelsea were rubbish, but Jorginho definitely could have used more minutes as shown today. His quality on the ball and experience we could have used in the past 3 and not sure what happened there, but oh well.

I kinda get why you cant play him as the lone 6 in some games but I'd have liked to have seen him with Partey the moment Xhaka wasn't available.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Jorginho - has been exceptional for us. Starting Partey over Jorginho looks to have cost us the title.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom