• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho: Gorgeous Jorg

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
2 players that were virtually unknown 6 months ago for 230 million, that is. And they guaranteed them 8.5 years of wages. It could work out well for them, but it’s an insane amount of risk.

It can’t work out for them, what if one of the two has injuries or doesn’t perform which frankly is likely, and they got a massive dead contract. He is saddling their club with massive debt even if they are great and will be

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
An underwhelm signing. Jorginho seems a stop-gap solution to cover Partey's occasional absence. 12M for an Italian national team player with 6M left is a bit much. But the structure of his new contract doesn't seem impact too much on Arsenal finance on the potential targets in the summer. Being a very tactical player, Jorginho might steady the ship and contribute in the slower Europa games with periodic tempo.

Tnegs

An underwhelm signing. Jorginho seems a stop-gap solution to cover Partey's occasional absence. 12M for an Italian national team player with 6M left is a bit much. But the structure of his new contract doesn't seem impact too much on Arsenal finance on the potential targets in the summer. Being a very tactical player, Jorginho might steady the ship and contribute in the slower Europa games with periodic tempo.
The 12m is irrelevant really in this era and considering we have a title race at stake. All that matters is whether this signing is going to help us win that title over the next 4-5 months. I think it’s a very smart signing.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

When all is said and done, when the applause dies down and the last drop of wine is drunk- All you can do is just sit back and marvel at our lot in life. Former Ballon D’or contenders like jorginho queuing up to play for our great and glorious manager. How does that Dickensian saying go? “It was the best of times…”

Jorginho vs Partey? I could talk about football IQ here, but I think I’ll leave that for another day. For today, St George is reborn, and this time he will not be a martyr. Go forth our chosen one. To pastures near and far and spread our dominion beyond all those who dared doubt you. And when you reach the promised land, remember the filth we delivered you from and marvel at how far you have travelled!
This deserves more respect

Gunners1616

This is 100% an Arteta signing so i won't complain much. After taking us where we are, he deserves the benefit of the doubt when he wants a specific player for his system.

Jorginho seems like a coach's favorite player like Xhaka. Apparently Mikel wanted him for quite a while so let's see what he brings.

Makavelii

Excellent signing under the circumstances.

I highly rate Caicedo and would love him at our club. But at least this gives us a brilliant short term solution who’s experienced yet still seems to be in his prime. Plus allows us time to buy a player like Caicedo without being rushed and overpaying.

Also, I’m still holding out hope that we end up landing Bellingham. I think he’s the #1 midfield treasure on the market.

But Caicedo in summer (or to a slightly lesser extend Rice) is brilliant too.

Not a fan of Zubimendi, Onana etc. They’d have been expensive flops.

VancouverCanuck

This is 100% an Arteta signing so i won't complain much. After taking us where we are, he deserves the benefit of the doubt when he wants a specific player for his system.

Jorginho seems like a coach's favorite player like Xhaka. Apparently Mikel wanted him for quite a while so let's see what he brings.

Arteta: has the foresight to tap him up way back. Well done!

Legend14

Established Member
Need to see the player play in our system before really formulating an opinion.

My continued knee-jerk reaction is that this a panic signing because we didn’t have a realistic plan for backing up Partey. Elneny wouldn’t have been able to take us to the league title.

None of this matters if Partey plays the next 19 league games. And if so, we are setup for a big midfield summer signing.

Hope it all works out.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

You know what’s a bit much? Signing a player who cost 10 million six months ago for 107 million.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As I said if you use your head and not your heart, this is a good signing.

But Jesus, he has the face of a man who is definitely betraying the hero near the end of a movie...

img_20230131_155044-jpg.12808

...if we get a penalty in the last minute to beat Chelsea, DO NOT even let this man be in the pitch 😅

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd be a lot more worried with this signing a couple of years ago when our system wasn't properly in place. But in our current system where we look to suffocate teams and are so dominant usually in possession he's almost perfect to slot right in.

Had we signed him a couple of years ago in our mess of a system with the structure not really in place he'd be exposed but I'm not that concerned now.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Really happy about this signing. For his age the right length of contract and we really need some midfield cover now. Arteta seems to really rate him and that is enough for me. Trust his understanding of midfield play over anyone else. If he thinks signing this guy is the right decision I am 100% behind it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom