• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho: Gorgeous Jorg

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Emiliano Martínez?

will smith mib GIF

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
When all is said and done, when the applause dies down and the last drop of wine is drunk- All you can do is just sit back and marvel at our lot in life. Former Ballon D’or contenders like jorginho queuing up to play for our great and glorious manager. How does that Dickensian saying go? “It was the best of times…”

Jorginho vs Partey? I could talk about football IQ here, but I think I’ll leave that for another day. For today, St George is reborn, and this time he will not be a martyr. Go forth our chosen one. To pastures near and far and spread our dominion beyond all those who dared doubt you. And when you reach the promised land, remember the filth we delivered you from and marvel at how far you have travelled!
giphy.gif

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He’s no Ibrahima Bamba, but I suppose he’ll do for now. Tifo approved fwiw.

Do we want another Bamba Sambi Bambi Bomba punt when we are in a title race?

No, we do not. Would be a total question mark how they adjust to the EPL or their real level currently. Jorginho also speaks multiple languages so he can integrate easily on and off the field.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He’s no Ibrahima Bamba, but I suppose he’ll do for now. Tifo approved fwiw.

I think we can take some positivity in that when your guys like Willian & Luiz signed, but also Pepe and others we didn't have the settled team we have now probably affected their performances as as a team we were inconsistent.

That thought actually touches on my Saliba theory.

But Jorginho has been a very good player these last few years and couldn't be coming into a more settled team with a concrete style of play. He left a Chelsea squad which was similar to us a couple years ago, inconsistent, with different managers and a different role. I think we'll find out quickly how much better he is than Elneny and Lokonga.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is 100% an Arteta signing so i won't complain much. After taking us where we are, he deserves the benefit of the doubt when he wants a specific player for his system.

Jorginho seems like a coach's favorite player like Xhaka. Apparently Mikel wanted him for quite a while so let's see what he brings.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe he doesn't have a plan for him. Looks like he is a huge fan of the player.

He really needs to have a plan how to mitigate his lack of pace and problems against dribblers and transition. Another issue is that he is not good in aerials for a DMF.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We couldn’t get Caicedo so bringing in Jorginho on a short term contract is a sensible option. Who knows, we may plan to go for Rice and still go for Caicedo in the summer.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Over my meltdown. To be fair, it was mainly to do with dealing with Chelsea than the player.

Is he better than Elneny and Lokonga? Yes

I think the main benefit is that he can step in and progress the ball to the same level as Partey and if protected in a system can contribute defensively.

He is also experienced and a cynical ****er.

Wide forward who can play both flanks - experienced
Holding midfielder who slots in - won things internationally and at a club, also very experienced
CB who covers left back and is left footed

I mean what can you say? All of that done for around £50 million. This summer will likely see a big midfielder signing. Probably Rice.

Then you have to look at that midfield group of Rice, Xhaka, Partey, Jorginho as a good group. The following season Jorginho leaves and we buy the Partey successor and potentially another wide forward. They seem to have a plan.

dynasty

I was talking to a friend before
I honestly can't with this club, we'll never get out of our banter era mentality. Winning the league is worth significantly more than over paying for a player or 2 now, we've taken the cheap route and will die by it.

So you actually think mudryk and caceido who have no experience more than a year in the pl for caceido can help more in the run than seasoned veterans (one of which won the champions league and euro championship!)

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Now that I've slept on it, I think this is a deftly calculated move.

He'll make our ball retention better & allow Ødegaard to maurad higher up the pitch to wreak havoc against more obstinate teams.

Also, would be nice to get show up Chelsea & have a player of theirs win a title with us :lol:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Rory thinks it's a good deal for everyone, although he absolutely hates to help Arsenal in the title run.

One of his points is how much Jorginho brings to the team with his experience and mentality, as Arsenal team is very young. And compares it to getting Zinchenko and Jesus from City. Also how important he can be when defending leads at the end of the game, or otherwise rest Partey or Xhaka.

He says Jorginho has divided opinions very much there, but he is still starting quality for them even with his known limitations (this was before Enzo was confirmed, he said they have to replace Jorginho and would not sell him if they don't).

Shades of Fry and Laurie from Jennings ngl…

DuBB

I didn't read any of the transfer thread because I was sure this place would be in meltdown. But I'm not against the signing.

18 month deal?

Elneny basically out for the season, but we extend the option on Elneny's deal by a year?

Reported almost immediately that we'd be going back in for both Rice and Caicedo?

Hmmm.

When you put together all the context clues, what this sounds like to me is an expensive emergency loan. But we all know Chelsea would not have loaned us Jorginho, so we had to buy him outright.

Elneny backing up Partey in this title run would leave us close to drowning. Jorginho backing up Partey in this run allows us to tread water comfortably.

I say all that to say this - I'm not predicting anything, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we sold Jorginho in the summer.

I'm glad he's here. He's an upgrade on our bench, and his outlay isn't prohibitive. The long term investment signing didn't work out in Caicedo, but Jorginho is the perfect in-between between a bigger gamble like Onana, or doing nothing.

TheDrunkenMaster

Our fanbase is weird everyone was taking the mick out of him at Chelsea, calling him useless and anti wishlisting him and now uncle mik has signed him the signing suddenly makes sense. The guy has been underperforming since the euros, has been booed of the pitch at Chelsea is 31, snail paced and chelsea were willing to let him leave on free transfer, and we are daft enough to pay them 12 million with 4 months left on his contract. Giving him 150 a week alone is a sackable offense. Edu really needs to go.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Our fanbase is weird everyone was taking the mick out of him at Chelsea, calling him useless and anti wishlisting him and now uncle mik has signed him the signing suddenly makes sense. The guy has been underperforming since the euros, has been booed of the pitch at Chelsea is 31, snail paced and chelsea were willing to let him leave on free transfer, and we are daft enough to pay them 12 million with 4 months left on his contract. Giving him 150 a week alone is a sackable offense. Edu really needs to go.
He was massively overrated then (the 3rd Ballon D'Or year) and underrated now. He's a player that's automatically going to look worse (or better) depending on the team's form around him.

Again, for me he's exactly the same player he's been before. Flaws and positives.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom