Jorginho

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Carlo Marx, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Carlo Marx

Carlo Marx The Voice of Reason Trusted

celestis and JENSON_GUNNER like this.
  2. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

Had a tough first season at Napoli last season under Benitez but has settled more under Sarri who seems to be relatively good with younger players.

I always saw him as a vertical mover, someone who is most comfortable getting up and down the pitch but it seems that he is a DLP.

african, 4R5Emaniac and Carlo Marx like this.
  3. tap-in

tap-in :|

Between now and Jan we will be linked to loads of DM's. Hopefully this time we will buy one!

Carlo Marx likes this.
  4. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

Well Wenger does love his playmakers and DLPs, Jorginho has that skillset but won't add the pressing, pace and power that most want in the middle.

Carlo Marx likes this.
  5. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Every time I've seen this lad, I've been impressed. Very tidy player. Smart and technical, opposite of Coquelin is at DM who is sort of our 'bruiser.'

Furious and Carlo Marx like this.
  6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

a squad player at best not good enough to start for us.

7. bingobob

bingobob He played for Celtic? Sign him up!

Is he better than our existing squad players who are either to injured or nor good enough ie Flamini and Arteta?

Gooner Zig and spartandre217 like this.
  8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

that's for sure he is better then them. i wanted him here when he was at Hellas Verona before he move to Napoli but since his move to Napoli he isn't the same player.

Banks, Carlo Marx and bingobob like this.
  9. Trilly

Trilly Thinks we'll win if we outscore the opposition

Is it me or do we always go for players whose club have no problem selling?

It's a very simple assessment but teams usually fight quite hard to keep quality players. Lille had no problem selling us Gervinho for example :lol:.

10. Carlo Marx

Fair point. I'm trying to think of an exception now. Reyes, maybe?

11. Trilly

Trilly Thinks we'll win if we outscore the opposition

Yep possibly but my memory gets hazy going back that far. I really can't remember us prizing a quality player away from a smaller team, it's something that definitely holds us back when it comes to building a quality squad.

Özil, Sanchez, Cazorla and Cech were all for sale.

Our luck has/will run out when it comes to world class players simply being available for sale. We're going to need to be more proactive in the transfer market if we want to go up a level.

James Bond likes this.
  12. Carlo Marx

We came close with Suarez, we just needed the player to put in a written transfer request. I have a feeling that we would have tried the same thing with Sterling had it not been for City's offer, which we couldn't hope to match (esp. wages).

We do have the resources to do some bullying, though. Probably more on the scale of Juve/Inter than Chelsea/Bayern unfortunately.

Trilly likes this.
  13. bingobob

bingobob He played for Celtic? Sign him up!

Arteta maybe

We had to go in fairly hard for him at a time when we had limited resources to push the boat out.

And he was an excellent addition

Trilly likes this.
  14. Furious

Furious Mr. Believer; still mad

Would be a very good signing for the DLP position as he could partner any of Ramsey, Coq, and Santi.

There're actually a few more Napoli players we could go for. I've watched them quite a bit, and I'd go for any of Higgy, Hamsik, Insigne, Jorginho, Allan, Hysaj and Koulibaly. They've been terrific this season.

15. Mitch

Mitch Blocked by Ramsey on Instagram

Arteta & Suarez - As already stated.
    Jagielka - Everton turn several bids from us from what I've read.
    Cabaye - Newcastle turned a bid down from us.

Also didn't Adebayor and Squillaci refuse to play for their teams to force their transfers to us?

16. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Hamsik has always been a quality player, for club and country. He seems fiercely loyal to Napoli though, loves life in Naples. He's the Steven Gerrard of Napoli if you will, I can't see him leaving unless it's to the USA or Dubai for that final payout in the sun.

Furious likes this.
  17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Said everything for ages

Not sure I rate Hamsik. Goes hiding in games, I remember watching a bunch of Napoli games last season and he was anonymous.

Not seen him this season though.

18. BBF

BBF Real name: Ragip Xh...

Never rated Hamsik

19. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Finally got to see this guy play recently, he is interesting. Tenacious, great positioning and great passing & dribbling. Very slight though, probably his only drawback is his lack of pure athleticism, but he has good acceleration and reading of game.

Carlo Marx likes this.
  20. redanddread

redanddread Always negative