• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
They certainly are worse than Laurens.

Julien Laurens on the 6th August last year.

After the recruitment of Dani Ceballos, Nicolas Pepe, William Saliba (who has returned on loan to Saint Etienne) and Gabriel Martinelli, Arsenal and Raul Sanllehi, their CEO in charge of football operations, are focused on recruiting a centre-back. It will have to be a loan, however, as Arsenal have spent all their budget on transfers for this summer.

He’s rubbish. Just a chancer like most of the others.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
From this...

7836742878_d33aeaa6d5_b.jpg

...to a house key merchant and a penalty technique merchant

African Flair

Would happily take him if we can offload Xhaka tbo, never have them in the same side. Technical ability our new captain only can dream about.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
How many of Chelsea's dregs have we bought/loaned over the years now?

Gallas, Benayoun, Cech, Willian, and now Jorginho?

Has any former Chelsea player performed amazingly for us?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Btw there's far too much smoke here for there to be nothing in it, this isn't some knobhead calling themselves a bell saying this, I've seen a few somewhat credible journalists say there's interest there and not to rule it out. I know we all don't want it to be true but it's looking increasingly likely that there might be something here.

The problem is that we have a history with having interest in a lot of extremely talented players we need badly over the years and then we just walk away.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Btw there's far too much smoke here for there to be nothing in it, this isn't some knobhead calling themselves a bell saying this, I've seen a few somewhat credible journalists say there's interest there and not to rule it out. I know we all don't want it to be true but it's looking increasingly likely that there might be something here.

In the week his agent alluded to it as well... Thats not what you say if player likely to stay.

“Jorginho still has a three-year contract with Chelsea, this one plus two more," he said.

"I heard a lot about Arsenal and PSG in the last few days, but the reality is that so far no official offer has arrived for the player.

“The market closes on October 5th, but the more time passes the more difficult it becomes to make such an important operation.

"At the moment, therefore, I can say that it is only rumours.

Kysus

Jorginho is obviously a fantastic player and it is not surprising that Arteta rates him.
Squad balance wise I'm not sure but I trust Arteta if there is truth to this rumour.

Makes no sense unless Arteta just really doesn't rate Xhaka in terms of being a 6. Then you'll have a scenario where you have Xhaka, Elneny and Jorginho, three players better suited to playing as a 6. With only Ceballos as an 8 in terms of our senior options. I'd count Willock too but Arteta always seems to play him more advanced and we don't know what's going on with Guendouzi. Weird balance in terms of our midfield options.

Both Ceballos and Elneny are deeper than Xhaka who presses aggressively high up the pitch. Elneny especially frees Xhaka to be more progressive further up the pitch.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Jorginho is obviously a fantastic player and it is not surprising that Arteta rates him.
Squad balance wise I'm not sure but I trust Arteta if there is truth to this rumour.

Both Ceballos and Elneny are deeper than Xhaka who presses aggressively high up the pitch. Elneny especially frees Xhaka to be more progressive further up the pitch.

So we'd essentially be playing Xhaka as an 8 then in this scenario? Presumably with the idea that he's far better in that area of the pitch than in the first phase.

Kysus

So we'd essentially be playing Xhaka as an 8 then in this scenario? Presumably with the idea that he's far better in that area of the pitch than in the first phase.

We already do that a fair bit yes and Xhaka is actually a fantastic defender in a team that plays as an unit and keeps spaces tight.
The need for an athletic CM is a bit of a myth(We actually needed more athleticsm at CB which we solved) because we always have a player "inverted" at each side(either winger or fullback) so we always have numbers centrally when losing the ball.

Our problem then? We are still a one-dimensional counter-attacking team.
We do not have "possession" players high up the pitch. The Rosicky, Hleb, Nasri, Cazorla etc type, that is necessary for balance and that we always had under Wenger, is needed.
Aouar would had been that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s better than Xhaka and near enough in type to bench him if we sign him, so whatever. We need Xhaka snd Elneny gone.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
You love Chelsea rejects don’t you?

Henry and Bergkamp were technically "rejects".

Willian was Chelsea's second best player last season ( chelsea attempted to keep him and Willian rejected them). Jorginho was chelsea best player the season prior.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I think the interest is false.

However if this is true, then Cedric, Willian and this?

tenor.gif

jaystewart

Can't wait for Jorginho to reject our loan offer 6 hours before the window closes. It would absolutely be in Chelsea's interest to give us the run around as well.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Jorginho is a good player and all but given our circumstances and who most fans expected us to sign this window, along with the club he plays for....He'd get absolutely pulverised by our fans the moment he signed for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom