• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Antonio Reyes (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartly Dressed Morris

According to a lot of the sunday papers - whats everyones thoughts on this ? Owen get you at least 20 goals a season even when his playing **** , and would take the pressure off Henry. Naturally a new left winger would have be bought.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Real Madrid hope to persuade Arsenal to swap homesick Jose Antonio Reyes for striker Michael Owen. (Sunday Express)

Reyes wouldn't be much of a loss in my view. His form has been extremely patchy. Owen's a class act and on form is one of the best strikers around. £10m + Owen would do nicely

As for a replacement for Reyes? How about Valencia's Vicente or more realistically Boro's Downing?

famous no 10

Established Member
f**king hell, the kids only been here 5 minutes...he was awesome at the start of the season, and he's had a bad patch, like the rest of the team. F**ing fickle. Give him a chance for f**k sake.

MightyArsenal

Im not really sure reyes has a place at arsenal anymore. It seems Henry is the Kingpin in the dressing room. Kinnda like how Raul rules Real Madrid. If reyes did have to move I wouldnt want Owen, instead id want £20 million.

But there might be a claus in Reyes contract that means that maybe he cant move to spain yet or something because I remember Sevilla saying they wouldnt sell reyes to their opponents. And seeing as sevilla have onlyreceived about £10 million so far I doubt the move will happen.

Rocafella

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
f**king hell, the kids only been here 5 minutes...he was awesome at the start of the season, and he's had a bad patch, like the rest of the team. F**ing fickle. Give him a chance for f**k sake.

I have to disagree with that. He's been here for over a year now and is our record signing. He is only 21 but I still expect better then these patchy spells he goes through. Owen for Reyes wouldn't be a bad deal IMO.

malagar

if Henry or any other player thinks he is a ****ing kingpin then he should be sold as fast as possible - such idiotic egos cant be toelrated in a team game no matter how good the player

gakc1

I'm sure Owen has said before that if he did return to England he'd only want to play for Liverpool, so that might scupper the deal anyway.

Gunner8

Arsenal havent paid the whole price yet.
There was a lot of clauses that must be paid or not following the years he plays with us.

jonmoody61

I'd say no. Give Reyes more of a chance. I do believe all these homesick rumours are complete **** and even Wenger (http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... remiership) says that now Reyes is perfect and was simply a bit homesick over Christmas which is perfectly understandable. He is still really a kid no matter how old he may look and we have to give him a much bigger time to prove himself.

Stop being so impatient! The kid has huge potential and he showed that at the start of the term - give him a chance.

almo

If Reyes want's to go back home, then this is a good deal if we could get Owen and some money. Owen is still young himself and before he went to Real I would have put his value at £20 Million +. Reyes's form has'nt been the best this season and personally I can't see him ever re-placing DB10.

MightyArsenal

I really dont think owen would work at Arsenal. We already have ljungberg acting as our fox in the box. Owen just doesnt have the passing range or overall skill. Id rather Sell reyes for £20 mill and buy a defender, keeper and a left sided midfielder (pires is not getting younger).

patrick42uk

Established Member
this will never happen. why? wenger is a stubborn guy, you really think he'd let his record signing go out like that? i dont think so. reyes is 21 and he's here for the long run.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
this will never happen. why? wenger is a stubborn guy, you really think he'd let his record signing go out like that? i dont think so. reyes is 21 and he's here for the long run.

That I can agree with. It would be too embarassing for Wenger to sell our record signing after less than a year-and-a-half.

Mark

Established Member
Yeah it won't happen yet, but it's always an option for the future if he fails to ever adapt. I think we could do better than Owen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom