• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Antonio Reyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzG

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2003560816,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 16,00.html</a>

*sniff* *sniff* Whats that smell, aah yes it is BS!

So when we supposedly offered £10mill we were told that couldn't buy his boots and now we are gonna get him for £5mill lol :D Would love to see him with us but it ain't gonna happen.....

the best way to do it is to sign someone then announce it — rather than announce it and the deal falls through.”

A nice cheap shot at the mancs there :lol:

n_henry

Yum,.,...Reyes. :D

Would be a great buy, though I doubt it... :roll:

He was lethal when Sevilla thrashed Real Madrid. :evil:

patrick42uk

Established Member
5 million? he just signed a contract till 2010 or something like that. this is the sun getting caught up with the whole spanish-arsenal thing, with cesc scoring and all. if we did sign him, he'd be quality.

lewdikris

Established Member
Well, it would be great obviously. Him and Bobby is a mouth-watering prospect.

But 5 million? Ho ho ho.

Not gunner happen.

JazzG

Established Member
Exactly what I was thinking.

Also he does have a learning disability, I'm not sure about the exact details of it. Doesn't effect his footy but I think he is slow at picking things up when it comes to education. Gerry Armstrong was saying this a few weeks ago.

Kyla

Can he play on the right- Bobby and Titi already devastate on the left. And Freddie isn't a right winger is he?

patrick42uk

Established Member
if reyes did come, he'd be in direct competition with pires. at sevilla he is indispensable, i can see us signing him in maybe 2 0r 3 seasons because it seems wenger has been tracking him for a long while. but it wont be in january and definitly not for 5 million considering the amount of teams that will be interested in him

A

Anonymous

only hope United snatch him..looks brilliant...I also like Fernando Torres as well.super player and very young too.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Kyla said:
Can he play on the right- Bobby and Titi already devastate on the left. And Freddie isn't a right winger is he?

THIS is the big problem, everyone been linked to us seems to be a left sided winger, no one plays on the right, this is where our weakness is.

Superdudes

he's rated 5 million.. doesn't mean we'll get him for 5million.. sevilla might want to sell him at a higher price.. unless.. he fell out with the backroom staff.. or ideally if he really wants to go to highbury.. fraid that it won't happen though.. unless we bring in someone like the russian magnate who's at chelski.. :p if i was to be in the hot seat of the gunners, i'll trade wiltord for him.. and maybe giving his club 2 or 3 million in dough.. its a mouth watering prospect if he was ever to link with pires and henry.. :p

Kyla

Webdesignlab said:
Kyla said:
THIS is the big problem, everyone been linked to us seems to be a left sided winger, no one plays on the right, this is where our weakness .

I completely agree Web. Our right hand side is a bit of a joke- Lauren IS mediocre (I won't be convinced otherwise) and Freddie always looks uncomfortable playing as a right winger. I think Toure has looked better in that dept than Lauren ever has tbh- he's able to defend and get forward with real penetration. He's also a better crosser of the ball. I think Wiltord was at his most effective when playing on the right for us, but he always navigated centrally which rendered his role as a "winger" useless really.

We can't find a decent right winger- ah, if only Arsenal had England's problems ey! is

A

Anonymous

Yet more rubbish. Where they have got the 5 mill figure from i have no idea.

Seville dont need to sell him, he has signed a new contract, he is their only real asset and would cost a bomb.

The guy is Seville through and through. He has only gone outside of Seville to play football. He would struggle to settle in England, and also is not the brightest person in the world. There is no doubting his ability, but its his personality that i have worries about.

It is obvious that Wenger really rates this guy and has been watching him for ages, so we are always going to be linked with him. But i cant see us signing him in the near future, if at all.

A

Anonymous

if this kid is that good, why arn't there noises about R madrid or barc after him.

to me its media bullshit again

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Kyla said:
Webdesignlab said:
Kyla said:
THIS is the big problem, everyone been linked to us seems to be a left sided winger, no one plays on the right, this is where our weakness .

I completely agree Web. Our right hand side is a bit of a joke- Lauren IS mediocre (I won't be convinced otherwise) and Freddie always looks uncomfortable playing as a right winger. I think Toure has looked better in that dept than Lauren ever has tbh- he's able to defend and get forward with real penetration. He's also a better crosser of the ball. I think Wiltord was at his most effective when playing on the right for us, but he always navigated centrally which rendered his role as a "winger" useless really.

We can't find a decent right winger- ah, if only Arsenal had England's problems ey! is

Who do you reckon would fit this bill? I think we need (dare I say it) a Beckham style player to put in the crosses. Then again we also need a box player to put this right sided winger to good use. the striker is easy, we have loads of them in the world, but who is this right sided winger?

Kyla

I have no idea. wenger always seem to find left sided players easily- overmars, pires, henry etc. It is a bit of a mystery. I think Pennant would have been ideal, in that he is quite similar to Beckham, but he never seems destined to make it at Arsenal. I don't know of any decent right sided player tbh. The fact remains that we have no natural width there (my opinion) There is no threat- we just can't keep relying on the cole-pires-henry trimuvrite for attacking impetus. We will end up becoming far too predictable if we are not so already.

I hate finding faults in the team, but having no solutions or ideas as to the remedies. We are inept on the right, but again the question is who to come in.... no ideas web!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom