• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Antonio Reyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Established Member
Pennant will struggle to meet our expectations. Lauren is most suited to RM. Who at RB? Certainly not Toure who should stay at CB in light of his performances. His future lies there.

This leaves the option of relying on a youngster (Volz/Hoyte) at Rb, or bringing in a player of Trabelsi's quality.

JGooner

If we had the money, Joaquin would be ideal. But we don't, so the solution will have to come from elsewhere. Maybe Pennant, maybe trying to turn Bentley into a right winger, maybe buying someone. But we can afford to have one or two weak links as long as the other positions are top class.

GOONERITTI

bloody hell :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Sevilla reject Gunners bid for Reyes :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.4thegame.com/news/breakingnews/19182

Arsenal will have to break the bank to sign Spanish wing wizard Jose Antonio Reyes after his agent claimed Sevilla had turned down a £21 million bid.

Reyes, 20, has attracted considerable interest from Europe's top clubs following a number of sparkling performances at club level, with agent Jesus Rodriguez also claiming Inter Milan have offered £29.5 million.

"Arsenal made an offer for him of £10.5 million which would increase to £21 million depending on appearances, but that was turned down," said Rodriguez.

"Over 20 teams in Europe have been following him and coming to games.

"I think that the president was happy to sell him before but now he is waiting to see what happens, there are a lot of teams interested in him and the president is not in any hurry.

"The president has also told me that Inter Milan have made an offer of 42 million euros which he has also turned down."

Rodriguez also hinted that Arsenal would not be able to afford the eventual price tag that Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido planned to slap on the player.

But he believes that the Gunners are looking to dip into the Spanish market again after their successful capture of former Barcelona youngster Cesc Fabregas, who is currently on the fringes of the first team at Highbury.

"Sevilla are expecting to sell Reyes and believe that he will leave but they will wait because in the next two years he will become an even bigger player," continued Rodriguez.

"Arsenal have been the only team to make a bid from England but I think that the only team in England that can afford him is Chelsea and possibly Manchester United."

Adam

Established Member
Hah, 21 Million. That blows things out of proportion. Ronaldinho was cheaper than that.

A

Anonymous

looks to me , agents are hyping this guys and the price to get a better deal for their client.

Have Arsenal really bid for him?

sevilla know chelsea have money, and basically pricing him and putting teams like Arsenal out of the market.

spanish will never make it in the EPL anyway

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
The S*n are really pathetic! £5m is laughable! They could at least try to make their stories a little believable. I think Reyes is the player that Wenger wants most.

Adam

Established Member
Personally i find it hard to believe. There have been alot of supposed bids from us for this player according to that agent and the Seville president. Maybe once we showed an interest, and the rest is their imagination in the hope of attracting a big club to pay a ridiculous amount...

Hence Chelsea being mentioned as the only team being able to afford him. They are saying to Abramovich "come and get him".

This one stinks of fish.

21 million. Such a blag.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I agree Adam. I can't see us offering £21m for any player....heck I can't even see us bidding more then a couple of million for anyone. I can't see why Sevilla would sell their prized asset in January.

JazzG

Established Member
I think we may of made this offer tbh. £10.5 upfront, if we win the league, fa cup and cl then every yr £2mill, this could go on for 5 years. Sounds realistic to me. Our finances aren't as bad as we are led to believe imo.

We have been linked with him for a long time now, like early this year.

If he came to us god knows what Wenger would of turned him into, he has this ability to take players to a whole new level.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
There's no doubt that Reyes has huge potential and he would be a magnificent signing but the worry about Reyes has to be whether he would be able to adapt to a new country and a new way of life.

AFCG7

Established Member
I think that story may be correct.. also saw it on soccernet.. there could be truth in it.. the 21 million is a figure based on certain conditions.. not an up front fee...
Wenger likes him and has been tracking him for some time.. i think he's a super player.. i wish we could get him but not at the expense of destroying our finances

patrick42uk

Established Member
we know its true. we all know the chairman came out saying we had a 10 million bid rejected. The agent is backing that up, it would only have gone up to 21 million depending on his appearances. But now it will obviously be harder to get him with the agent giving out signals to bigger clubs to make a bid for him. wenger doesnt seem the type to be held ransom by a money grabbing agent, or chairman. So except if reyes has a personal preference for us, expect wenger to move on to a new target. plenty more fish in the sea

JazzG

Established Member
True, but not many fish as good as him!

We can't afford him and we have to move on tbh, or lets hope Sevilla get relegated so we can get him cheaper :p ( I am so evil :wink: )

Arsenal316

It's on soccernet, so it must be true. They are usually never wrong about things like this.

As for Reyes, good player, but if they turned down our offer, oh well. Guess we'll have to present them with a better offer. I think this kid is worth the money.

GlasgowGooner

Goonergurjit said:
There's no doubt that Reyes has huge potential and he would be a magnificent signing but the worry about Reyes has to be whether he would be able to adapt to a new country and a new way of life.

Doesnt he have a learning disability which affects his speach? I remember reading somewhere that he can barely speak Spanish as it , so i dont think he would settle anywhere abroad. In saying that what a player but no way will he be coming.

JazzG

Established Member
Gerry armstrong was talking about his disability and how staying in sevilla would probably be better for him.

Not sure about the exact details though.

JazzG

Established Member
lol

Reyes would give us a very different threat in our attack esp our left wing. Yaya would sit in the centre with paddy

Adam

Established Member
JazzG said:
lol

Reyes would give us a very different threat in our attack esp our left wing. Yaya would sit in the centre with paddy

Yadi yadi Yaya. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom