• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Antonio Reyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

koivu

JazzG said:
Gerry armstrong was talking about his disability and how staying in sevilla would probably be better for him.

Not sure about the exact details though.

Where is Gerry Armstrong these days? I don't know much about him, other than the fact that a) he has the same name as an uncle of mine, and b) he scored a great goal in the World Cup

satan_beckham

so now we need to pay up to 30 million to get him which is very unlikely.but for us to even offer that amt of money means that wenger is really desperate to get him.

and i think gerry armstrong now is doing some talking about soccer in matches.ESPN always have him talking and hes based in london

Jinn

Established Member
Superdudes said:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=285128&cc=4716
darn.. just woke up and my desktop send me the breaking news.. if only we could land him.. it'd be major coup.. though Arsène might need to sell a player or two to have the dough.. wiltord and cygan perhaps..

Wiltord and Cygan together won't be enough.

If we sold Wiltord in January, we'd only get maybe 3 mil max because he is out of contract at the end of the season.

Cygan would probably fetch 1.5 million.

No way close enough.

Jinn

Established Member
Yep. If we could have offereed 10.5 million, we know we can still get someone with that money.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
GlasgowGooner said:
Goonergurjit said:
There's no doubt that Reyes has huge potential and he would be a magnificent signing but the worry about Reyes has to be whether he would be able to adapt to a new country and a new way of life.

Doesnt he have a learning disability which affects his speach? I remember reading somewhere that he can barely speak Spanish as it , so i dont think he would settle anywhere abroad. In saying that what a player but no way will he be coming.

Wenger must be confident that he would be able to adapt or he wouldn't have pursued Reyes for this long.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Goonergurjit said:
GlasgowGooner said:
Goonergurjit said:
There's no doubt that Reyes has huge potential and he would be a magnificent signing but the worry about Reyes has to be whether he would be able to adapt to a new country and a new way of life.

Doesnt he have a learning disability which affects his speach? I remember reading somewhere that he can barely speak Spanish as it , so i dont think he would settle anywhere abroad. In saying that what a player but no way will he be coming.

Wenger must be confident that he would be able to adapt or he wouldn't have pursued Reyes for this long.

apparantly, he hasnt pursued him at all.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
apparantly, he hasnt pursued him at all

Yeh thats why there's an Arsenal scout in attendance at almost every Sevilla game. Don't bother asking me for proof, you know its true.

Superdudes

if it was true that we have the dough, that 10.5 million might be able to get us boumsong, kluivert and smith.. our midfield is strong as it is.. with maybe a bit of lightweight on the right side but still.. smith might be able to play as a right winger though..

A.Hussain

if we have anything close to 12 million, wenger should try and move for van der vaart. or maybe guti if madrid are planning to sign a class striker in the summer

The Mini

Even if they do buy a class striker next season, they'd want to keep him, they have something like 5 attackers

JGooner

i would prefer Van Der Vaart too. Equal talent, superior temperament. Reyes has serious learning difficulties and social problems that would make it hard for him to leave seville, let alone spain.

A

Anonymous

JGooner said:
i would prefer Van Der Vaart too. Equal talent, superior temperament. Reyes has serious learning difficulties and social problems that would make it hard for him to leave seville, let alone spain.

tell me something. just because this guy has issues, that means he cannot play soccer.

i would say 95% of soccer plays are drops out from school in england and cannot speak properly, so whats the difference in a spanish dude.

Just look at the ugly mug Wayne Ronney and that Beckham who speaks like squirrel.

lewdikris

Established Member
That's not what he meant Henry-14, and he who speak like squirrel should not cast the first hamster so....

DB23 and the Kid might not be the smartest fellas in Christendom (even if Becks' bank account would attest to the opposite), but Reyes does have some quite severe learning difficulties, which means he needs a lot of looking after - going abroad and being thrust into big-club culture might not be the best for him (yet), no matter how massive a talent he is.

JazzG

Established Member
AFAIK Gerry Armstrong has been the only one who has commented on his learning difficulties.

From what I've heard they aren't severe, just abit slow if you know what I mean.

A

Anonymous

a little help from a speech therapist will cure that

if you have talent, let your feet do the talking and let advisers look after your bank account

if beckham can do it, anyone can

oh yes, good old buck teeth is not too bright either !

well i was wondering how can we buy someone we cant afford **** our new stadium iz gonna cost a ****load and im with henry_14 about that kid well seya finally got it working brett :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom