• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Mourinho: See Mou Later

gkoat

Forget Mourinho for a sec, Utd's problem is partly their transfers and scouting. They've bought Diogo Dalot this year so we'll see what happens there, but before that I can only think of Martial and Shaw in recent times as hot young prospects they've brought in. Both unmitigated failures so far, for different reasons.

They need to rediscover the knack they used to have for bringing in good young players.

Oh wait there was also Depay and Zaha. Also unmitigated failures.
Mkhitaryan, Alexis, Pogba(*1st time)...

skummm

Imagine having to work with the players you already have and needing to rely on your coaching skills to navigate you to a successful season. It doesn’t bear thinking about and must be every manager’s worst nightmare.

Is there anything we can do to help and raise awareness for what he’s going through?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
They have a horribly unbalanced squad which lacks direction and leadership. Mourinho's football is outdated, just as Tiki-Taka. Apart from De Gea, their defence is ****e. Second place was punching way above their weight last season and they were lucky so, so many times to get points out of games. Can't see any big name manager and his style fitting their squad right now and money won't go all the way. A slight "reboot" with a rather unkown entity and 2 years rearranging could help them.

MkhiMagic

I’m torn. I want him to fail miserably and get sacked. But also want them to continue playing archaic football and seeing their fans outraged and calling for his head, it’s too much fun for it to stop. In an ideal world he’d destroy their club even more but somehow keep his job so we can continue to bask in their misery.

He’s the bookies’ favorite to get sacked first in the PL this season fwiw. I’m saying early December he gets the boot.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
It seems he just gets bored rather quickly, is not motivated as Pep and Klopp have exposed him.
I really think it is his strategy to earn as much money from these "breakdowns".
Remember United extended his contract last season and I am sure Mendez inserted a big fat clause in case he gets fired.

It was the same at Chelsea, when he openly provoked them to get fired: "If they want to fire me, they will fire the most successful manager in their history, bla blaa.."

His meltdowns at Real were similar, as he surely received a lot of compensation
others are thinking the same

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45017413

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I’m torn. I want him to fail miserably and get sacked. But also want them to continue playing archaic football and seeing their fans outraged and calling for his head, it’s too much fun for it to stop. In an ideal world he’d destroy their club even more but somehow keep his job so we can continue to bask in their misery.

He’s the bookies’ favorite to get sacked first in the PL this season fwiw. I’m saying early December he gets the boot.

Utd are a corporate behemoth. If they decide he's hurting their global brand, and there are definitely signs of that, then they won't hesitate to cut loose. It'll be interesting to see what does for him, poor results or brand damage. I think it'll be brand damage.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The club remains structured around the footballing prowess of a man who isn't even there anymore.

What United should have done, in the aftermath of Ferguson's retirement, is to bring together a core of people capable of articulating some sort of vision which would inform the clubs approach on all matters relating to football.

I mean, who even directs transfer policy at United? Woodward appears to just go with whatever the manager of the time says. But what happens to those players when that manager is sacked and a new one brought in? It's too costly and destabilising having to sell a bunch of players, at a cost, at the same time as spending vast sums of money on a new bunch of players to satiate the newly arrived manager.

It's difficult to point the finger. Ferguson's retirement was abrupt, though I'm not sure how long the powers that be at United expected the 71 year old to continue. Speaks to a failure on their not part not coming up with some sort of contingency plan in case this transpired. The loss of Gill was also a body blow, a figure with his authority, having been at the club for a number of years, could have restructured it post-Ferguson.

Madrid are a good point of contrast. They have even more pressure on them to win than Utd do, and they're hardly thought of as having a consistent footballing philosophy, but their recruitment has been quite astonishing recently. I don't think they get nearly enough credit for it actually.

Going back the past 5 seasons, they've bought Isco, Carvajal, Casemiro, Kovacic, Asensio, Vallejo, Ceballos, Theo Hernandez, Lunin, Odriozola, Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo. Plus a few more. All players very young or who were very young when they joined.

There'll be some failures in there, but the point is they've made a concerted effort over a fairly long period of time to recruit the best young players. I just don't see that at all from Utd. Every summer they just look desperate for instant success and can't see beyond their own nose. If they had just been more patient and considered 5 years ago, they'd be in a better state now.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think its really low and manipulative how Mourinho is pressuring his WC players to come back early. Instead of just talking to them privately he frames the discussion in the media in a way that make the players that don’t return early look bad. Surely this is not how you want a manager to treat his squad and expect them to follow him?!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think its really low and manipulative how Mourinho is pressuring his WC players to come back early. Instead of just talking to them privately he frames the discussion in the media in a way that make the players that don’t return early look bad. Surely this is not how you want a manager to treat his squad and expect them to follow him?!

He's the Donald Trump of football.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Just found this gem on Redcafe, totally missed that one last February..

Top Bottom