• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Mourinho: See Mou Later

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Mourinho throwing players under a bus in his interview. Lovely stuff. People on here still sucking up to him. He won't win anything with a team spending 6th. Even with Kane and Son. He's not good enough and no where near Wenger's quality. Never was.
Agree Sp**s title challenge is and always was an uphill battle, but Mou won a CL with Porto and a treble with Inter. Sure, he 'bought' trophies at Chelsea and Madrid, but he's made do with less with the best of them, at least in the past.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agree Sp**s title challenge is and always was an uphill battle, but Mou won a CL with Porto and a treble with Inter. Sure, he 'bought' trophies at Chelsea and Madrid, but he's made do with less with the best of them, at least in the past.
He’s the highest spending manager in football history. Including 2 successive seasons of €10m at Porto, which in those days was a lot of money. Has he even been able to keep Chelsea or United in the top 4 continuously? I don't think so, even with huge investments. Nothing like as good as Wenger. He'll do nothing with a club spending 6th.

I read he's gained £65m from being sacked, highest earning manager from sackings. Why clubs are still choosing him is beyond crazy.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
He’s the highest spending manager in football history. Including 2 successive seasons of €10m at Porto, which in those days was a lot of money. Has he even been able to keep Chelsea or United in the top 4 continuously? I don't think so, even with huge investments. Nothing like as good as Wenger. He'll do nothing with a club spending 6th.

I read he's gained £65m from being sacked, highest earning manager from sackings. Why clubs are still choosing him is beyond crazy.
In order to be the highest-spending manager, you have to work for [1] top, uber-wealthy clubs [2] for a long time. In my estimation, that’s a sign that he’s of (or at least was of) the absolute highest caliber, not a knock against him.

Wenger is probably a more stable force and his longevity is more impressive, but with Mou the highs were definitely higher, even if the (sporadic + recent) lows were lower. His first spell at Chelsea went 1st / 1st / 2nd / 2nd (though he left ~ 7 weeks in, ~7 points off top). Since his return, he’s gone 3rd / 1st / 10th (departed midway) / 6th / 2nd / 6th (departed midway) / 6th. He first fell out of the top 4 (though he left mid-season) the same year Wenger did, so I’m not even sure there’s a massive “top 4(!)” argument to be made — the league’s reached a level of competition where it’s no longer a guarantee for anyone, bar maybe City, and both men fell off.

And not for nothing, Wenger never won another league once his club was bumped from their slot as the 2nd-most commercially successful. All the greats have been “chequebook managers” to a degree.

frankgm

Tiny tots* talking about our players lacking discipline? 2019-20 Tiny tots finished 19th out of 20, above eh....Arsenal! Bit rich innit
Premier league footballer arrested after high speed crash at 4am on the A45 in Northampton. What was he doing in Northampton? Tiny tots players lack discipline. Mourinho cannot control his player!
*Not just them (but mostly, who else) other clubs fans who are unidentifiable?
#freedannyrose lol
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13562855/danny-rose-arrested-car-crash/

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He told BBC Sport: "Defending deep, that's not the intention. They know what I asked them at half-time, if they couldn't do better it's because they couldn't do better."

...I will never understand why managers do this publicly, tbh...if they play badly, privately call them all **** or something.

I guess he's looking for a reaction from the players, but doing it through the press always seemed very low to me.

GunnerShy

Understat XPts has them 2 points above us.

Everybody attaches a different level of importance but what it shows is a team substantially outperforming their results due to clinical and unsustainable efficiency.

That's starting to wear off now. Be interesting to see what happens as they join a midtable battle.

roz

Fake News Merchant
It’s happening just as predicted. This was always going to happen, Sp**s are Sp**s and Mou is Mou :lol:

Son is wasting his career there. Should join a proper club.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Understat XPts has them 2 points above us.

Everybody attaches a different level of importance but what it shows is a team substantially outperforming their results due to clinical and unsustainable efficiency.

That's starting to wear off now. Be interesting to see what happens as they join a midtable battle.
I have a feeling they'll be the ones going after Hussenhuttl when the Jose experiment goes tits up. Kane isn't a kid anymore and depending upon his ambition there's 2 different pitfalls for them. Either he feels the clock is ticking and he moves in search of silverware or he's happy being a big fish in a tiny North London pond which leads me to believe he could drop off a cliff like Rooney. Son is going to have huge offers coming in for him as well. They'll be rebuilding sooner than later.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hope he gets the sack, so he can be back in the studio. He was great there. Just a totally different league, when it came to analyzing the games, compared to dinosaurs like Souness...

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
It’s happening just as predicted. This was always going to happen, Sp**s are Sp**s and Mou is Mou :lol:

Son is wasting his career there. Should join a proper club.

They do have a decent chance regarding the EFL Trophy, so maybe Mourinho will live of that.

Though you'd bet them going spursy any day of the week.

Last edited:
Reactions: roz

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

You talking about the same Inter Milan that spent a fortune when Mourinho was in charge?

So much so that when Jose left they were absolutely skint and have barely won a trophy since?

Only reason they may have turned a profit is because Barca massively overpaid for Zlatan.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
You talking about the same Inter Milan that spent a fortune when Mourinho was in charge?

So much so that when Jose left they were absolutely skint and have barely won a trophy since?

Only reason they may have turned a profit is because Barca massively overpaid for Zlatan.
Aka they sold their best player and still won the treble. IMHO he was still “worth it” in terms of economic value — he just didn’t fit at Barca.

IIRC, net spend was something like 50-60mm over the two years combined. Nothing to scoff at, but Madrid’s was probably 4x that over the same period.

frankgm

Tiny tots* talking about our players lacking discipline? 2019-20 Tiny tots finished 19th out of 20, above eh....Arsenal! Bit rich innit
Premier league footballer arrested after high speed crash at 4am on the A45 in Northampton. What was he doing in Northampton? Tiny tots players lack discipline. Mourinho cannot control his player!
*Not just them (but mostly, who else) other clubs fans who are unidentifiable?
#freedannyrose lol
It gets worse! Now this....bet no Sp**s fans are going to condemn such behaviour!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13562855/danny-rose-arrested-car-crash/

Right on queue...It gets worse! Now this....bet no Tiny tots fans are going to condemn such behaviour!

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
No surprise. They got a world class manager in and now have a shot at winning their first trophy in ages. Mourinho wins trophies wherever he goes. I don't doubt he probably gets a few at Sp**s.

zanziro1

If ending up with only a Carabeo Cup trophy, after their golden years is about to come to an end, I would be fuming as a fan. Mourinho will never stop talking about how he managed to win a trophy for Tottenham. I guess he will go on about how this was his biggest achievment in his whole manageral career

Latest posts

Top Bottom