• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Mourinho: See Mou Later

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Re: Mourinho...the man, the mystery, the c***

SteveEvets said:
jus2nang said:
I think he's hilarious. Great pantomime style entertainment. Some people are too sensitive.

It's annoying because if Wenger were to say anything remotely similar the papers would crucify him and there would be 50 opinion pieces about how Arsenal can't stand physical British football or some other cliched bollocks.

Here's more hypocritical stuff from Mourinho:

Mourinho said City have benefitted from some game-changing decisions in recent weeks.

"They are lucky," he said. "The reality is they have many crucial decisions in their favour.

"Against Liverpool, the (Raheem) Sterling 'goal'. The penalty on (Luis) Suarez. Against Newcastle the goal that is a clear goal.

"Against Tottenham, (Michael) Dawson's goal, the penalty, the (Danny Rose) red card. They are having everything. I repeat, because I don't want to be misinterpreted, (it is) just pure coincidence.

"The referees, they try to do their best and sometimes they make mistakes and normally during the season the mistakes are split between teams.

"In their (City's) case, they have everything in their favour," added Mourinho, who insists his side are not yet ready to win the title.

"Next pre-season, day one, I will say we are candidates to win the Premier League. This season, the speech is we are candidates to win the next match. It doesn't matter where, it doesn't matter the opponent.

It's amazing how he can say these things with a straight face given the torrents of lucky decisions his team has received, including a penalty on the same Suarez he accused later of diving.

The other interesting bit is him talking about next season as though he's given up on this one already. Maybe it's getting the excuses in early, but him talking like that suggests Roman has given the green light for another £500m spending spree which is why he's so bullish on next season already.

How funny would it be if Abramobitch sacked him before he even gets a chance to. The rent boys would probably go apeshit insane and start a '12 style riot in Fulham.

Bigbludfire

Established Member

José Mourinho says Chelsea 'can't compete' with Manchester City's cash
• Manager says Uefa fair play rules are 'dodgy'
• Resigned to losing out on Eliaquim Mangala

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/02/chelsea-jose-mourinho-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ester-city</a>

Sydney Gooner

Established Member

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho feels that his side have received disproportionate criticism in the past for spending money when compared to Manchester City.

In the early years of Roman Abramovich's reign at Stamford Bridge, the Blues were accused of buying success, with the Portuguese winning a Premier League and League Cup double in the first season of his first spell at the club.

But Mourinho argues that City's spending of over £600 million on players in the past six years has not received the same level of hatred, though he insists that the difference in treatment does not bother him.

"I'm not sure if it's because it's taken them six years to get to this stage while we won straight away and I don't care. I don't envy the fact that they have this kind of protection, or whichever word. It's the way it is. Teams with success, people tend not to like them, no?

"Financially, no, we can't compete. Back then it was a free world. There was no Financial Fair Play. If your club was a rich one, your owner a rich one, there were no rules. It was an open situation but times change.

"Many things people considered wrong 50 years ago are something very normal now."

Manuel Pellegrini's side have been in impressive form of late, having scored 68 goals this season, and the Blues boss accepts that Monday's opponents are skilled at shutting down other teams.

"I don't know if other teams have been scared of City, whether it's not so much that they don't attack them and more that they can't," Mourinho observed. "Maybe they can't.

"I want to attack them, I can tell you that, but, after 10 minutes, people might say I'm not attacking. If I don't, it's because I can't."

Asked if Chelsea may have to concede the title for City this year, Mourinho was philosophical, arguing that second place would be a better finish than that for which they had planned.

"If we finished second doing the formation work, it's an acceleration of our process," he claimed. "It's good."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/02/03/4591449/manchester-city-not-hated-like-chelsea-for-spending-money" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... ding-money</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who was sh*tter of the two before they became play things?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

City still got more history than Chelsea.

halfvolley

So Jose Mourinho, the manager of Chelsea FC, is moaning to the press that Man City is buying the title? Jose Mourinho the manager of ****ing Chelsea FC?????

**** me sideways, what planet is he on? What a complete bellend.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

He would get murdered for statements like these in Spain, understandable that he left for the soft fannies in England lapping his **** up.

ScotVieira

Established Member

Only in England will the media let him carry on with this kind of circus in stupidity.
The same man who has used Russian money to dominate the PL having the audacity to talk about others' spending when he gets outspent. Without the money available to him, he could never have hijacked ROTTENham's Willian deal.

Le Professeur

Established Member

Complains about 19th century tactics, starts seven defensive players next week.

José Mourinho.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

He got it spot on today to be fair. I'd love a journalist to question him about basically playing 6-7 defenders, they obviously won't ask him but it would be great.

GDeep™

League is very weak

He's going to be an even bigger **** now. The media too, going to go into overdrive with this 'Mourinho tactical masterclass'

Mastadon

Established Member

Masterclass or not his team was superb today. The man is a world class manager whatever else you may think about him. He's paid to win and that's what he does and has done his entire career.

Wouterus

Let's close this thread already, it's going way off topic. As stated clearly in the opening post the purpose of this thread is to talk about what a massive ****** Mourinho is.

a_fourteen

Established Member

CurryFlavoured said:
He got it spot on today to be fair. I'd love a journalist to question him about basically playing 6-7 defenders, they obviously won't ask him but it would be great.
It doesn't matter. They were the more attacking team. Even hit the post three times. With a little bit of luck they could've humiliated city.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

They played on the counter the whole game, his tactics were spot on but he wasn't the more attacking team. He ****ing played 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders.

blaze_of_glory

Mourinho can make every almost big game go the way he wants. Chelsea were great today, if not exciting. Their problem is agains smaller teams who use similar tactics against them.

outlaw_member

Established Member

Lol, the **** just had a go at us. He's played the mind games perfectly. Built up City all season long, called them out on the refereeing bias before the game and went and defeated them. He's set his sights on us now.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

Mourinho is just the posh version of a guy who's name I forgot. That manager who got the best out of Norway in the 90s. He had analysed football using computer data and came up with with tactics mainly focussed on turnovers (have players behind the ball) and setpieces.

Jose is doing the same. Bobby learned him people management, van Gaal thought him tactics. The lessons he picked up from that aren't about playing the van Gaal way, it's about how to making it very hard for the opposition to play the van Gaal way. The only thing offensive in his thinking is having a lot of tall players for set pieces (of course this is with defending in mind first).

Doubt he told Mata the real reason for his benching/sale. Too tiny.

Top Bottom