• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Mourinho: See Mou Later

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Re: Mourinho...the man, the mystery, the c***

burnsjed said:
^^What did he say about us

I think we're about to get back on topic in 3...2...1.. :D

Sydney Gooner

Established Member

He mentioned something about only having one season to make the team title challengers compared to the four or five years some other managers get. I felt that may have been a dig at Wenger.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

@4:14

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSaOtlTwCtc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSaOtlTwCtc</a>

I wouldn't say it was a direct dig at us. It was more a "wow, watch me win sh!t again in my second season back with unlimited funds, unlike other managers who have to plan for a few seasons". It could be a dig at practically every other manager in the league--more so City, when you think about it.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Mourinho says that a lot, but I'm sure Wenger would have one or two seasons maximum, if the club aim and ambitions was to push for titles - it hasn't been at Arsenal since the Emirates switch.

Why always moan about Wenger?

@ Clockwork, I remember him, Egil Olson. Renowned for his use of stats, data, technology etc.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Pretty sure that was aimed at City, earlier on he talked about how they couldn't win stuff for a few years after spending hundreds of millions.

To get this thread back on track, is it just my contempt for him or does he look like a sad sack of **** these days? Face all bloated and ****, getting fatter by the day, eyes looking like after a night out on a few grams of coke and the haircut isn't doing him any favors either.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

He looks tired and pissed off. I don't think he likes the game as much. I said it ages ago--I think he has to come out with this crazy sh!t to cause a stir, so it keeps him interested and motivated. He's acting as if he's fighting something within.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Really don't think that was aimed at us. I also agree that he doesn't seem very happy managing any more.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

GDeep said:
Mourinho says that a lot, but I'm sure Wenger would have one or two seasons maximum, if the club aim and ambitions was to push for titles - it hasn't been at Arsenal since the Emirates switch.

Why always moan about Wenger?

@ Clockwork, I remember him, Egil Olson. Renowned for his use of stats, data, technology etc.
Thanks, couldn't get further than it wasn't Morten Olsen.

One of the 'gems' of Egil was: Make your fullbacks play long forward balls cross field. Lots of them resulted in dangerous throw-ins, on which they trained on a lot. Stoke of a few years back borrowed some of his ideas.

The difference between Egil and Jose is that Egil made the right choice to get the best out of the options/players available, whereas Jose, despite having all options moneywise, deliberately goes for beefed up catenaccio flavoured with a little Egil.

outlaw_member

Established Member

Haha, Olsen actually did that? I had a few brainwaves like that myself copying the rugby tactic of getting the ball high up the pitch for a throw-in and trying to turn over the ball deep in their half. Always wondered why nobody tried it.

outlaw_member

Established Member

"We can [win the title] if they lose it [Manchester City]. Arsenal are working for many, many years for the evolution of their team.

"What we are doing this season is what Arsenal have been building to for years.

"It means nothing for us to come here and park the bus and win 1-0 in a lucky situation. The evolution is more important."

This is what I was referring to.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member

mourinho_begging.jpg

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

outlaw_member said:
Haha, Olsen actually did that? I had a few brainwaves like that myself copying the rugby tactic of getting the ball high up the pitch for a throw-in and trying to turn over the ball deep in their half. Always wondered why nobody tried it.
Yes, he did. I actually narrowed it down a bit; not just the fullbacks were encouraged to play those balls to the forward wide players, everybody in a position to 'pass' it long forward, especially across the pitch. Opposition fullbacks gave a away a lot of throw-ins on those hopeful hoofed crosses.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

BfoRAI5CEAAFGNs.jpg

General

Established Member

Have Chelsea built a new stadium (and without oil money) or I'm I missing something here. Was it not just 3season ago they ended up 6th after the Ruski refused to bankroll another PL charge. No Mourinho, you haven't been doing this season what Arsenal have been building to for years, else you would've been out of a job a long time ago.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Mourinho is a wind up merchant-thing is he can get away with it because deep down EVERYONE knows that he can win the damn thing. However, he has been a tad pathetic in recent pressers. He wants this one badly-we hope that our team & Arsène want it even more.

He is very quickly forging another powerful team-poor old Moysie could learn a thing from him. When he gets his shiny, new 50 million quid striker next season, watch out. Arsenal can't make that scunt head into next season as League champion.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

redanddread said:
When he gets his shiny, new 50 million quid striker next season, watch out. Arsenal can't make that scunt head into next season as League champion.

Considering that Roman has a requirement of at least a trophy a season, if we win the title and Jose is left empty handed on trophy haul, whose to say Roman does not wake up on a sunny morning in late May and while still having a heavy breath of vodka says:
"To hell with that moaning Portuguese prick. He bring me no trophy. Ssssack him ! I want Big Phil again. Dials Phil Brown :) "

General

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/07/article-2553796-1B438F5300000578-927_634x436.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/ ... 34x436.jpg</a>

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

General said:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/07/article-2553796-1B438F5300000578-927_634x436.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh who gives a f*ck any more? We haven't won anything and he has.

Top Bottom